Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why don’t your sisters see if they can order the tea direct from Barry’s? I got fed up of not being able to fine Twinings loose leaf breakfast tea, so I order it from Twinings.
I'll ask them if they've tried, surely there must be an outlet store somewhere in England, too?! I remember my Irish dad always drinking Tetley, never Barry's, but I suspect that was motivated by the Road Dahl books that came with them more than anything else...

Also for the fraus my sister said green is a lighter tea, red is more for when you're tired/stressed. Not sure how useful that is for your decision making process!

I hate Yorkshire decaff tea, I swear it tastes like fish. I've not had a cup of tea in months now because of this!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I'll ask them if they've tried, surely there must be an outlet store somewhere in England, too?! I remember my Irish dad always drinking Tetley, never Barry's, but I suspect that was motivated by the Road Dahl books that came with them more than anything else...

Also for the fraus my sister said green is a lighter tea, red is more for when you're tired/stressed. Not sure how useful that is for your decision making process!

I hate Yorkshire decaff tea, I swear it tastes like fish. I've not had a cup of tea in months now because of this!
My mum & Dad always get tetleys too. Traitors.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The other tea I want to try is Ringtons from the Northeast - they do online deliveries. They have a package of tea, cakes and biscuits for £19.99 with free delivery. Pictures taken from their Twitter account.
Www.ringtons.co.uk
02F12C6A-BE79-46C0-B47C-81CD70653078.jpeg
B3B040E6-80D6-4231-96EA-5B166CBF48F7.jpeg
E298AC2A-228D-46F4-B963-543FB0C1FBAB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Just started to read here, up to page 4 Good to chat with people about nonsense with less chance of getting annoyed or angry.

Biscuit, Bourbon (or Garibaldi when I am feeling fancy)

Men's fragrance, too many to mention, but L'eau D'Issey is up there, as is Tom Ford Noir and Dior Sauvage. I have a friend who is a Steward and he gets me cheep stuff which I use Birthday and Christmas money to buy. I might not have much money but I smell nice!

An odd fact about my partners. The three long term partners (including current one) I have had all have the same birthday!!!! (Different years but the same date)
My current partner has been unable to visit for the past 3 months as I have been shielding, but we are spending this weekend together. He is just making a meal....not from a budget cookbook I might add.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Hi everybody! This is a lovely thread. One of a few good things to come out of the JM chaos. Thanks to all who recommended Schitts Creek, we’ve been binging on it for the last couple of weeks, it’s hilarious

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I also love you 🤣
You got me again with the puppy spoiler 😂
Imagine Julia Roberts laughing her famous shocked and surprised laugh at Richard Gere snapping the jewellery case on her gloved fingers in Pretty Woman.
That’s me, both times at your puppy boo spoiler. This time with a cupcake on its nose and a bone on the tongue 😂😂😂
Ta da I stood next to Julia Roberts at Charles De Gaulle airport years ago. She’s very tall and prettier than I thought she would be.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Hi everybody! This is a lovely thread. One of a few good things to come out of the JM chaos. Thanks to all who recommended Schitts Creek, we’ve been binging on it for the last couple of weeks, it’s hilarious
What is your favourite tea?🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 8
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Just started to read here, up to page 4 Good to chat with people about nonsense with less chance of getting annoyed or angry.

Biscuit, Bourbon (or Garibaldi when I am feeling fancy)

Men's fragrance, too many to mention, but L'eau D'Issey is up there, as is Tom Ford Noir and Dior Sauvage. I have a friend who is a Steward and he gets me cheep stuff which I use Birthday and Christmas money to buy. I might not have much money but I smell nice!

An odd fact about my partners. The three long term partners (including current one) I have had all have the same birthday!!!! (Different years but the same date)
My current partner has been unable to visit for the past 3 months as I have been shielding, but we are spending this weekend together. He is just making a meal....not from a budget cookbook I might add.
Ahhh have a wonderful weekend!! Aren’t coincidences amazing they fascinate me x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How lovely. Did you see that they do mail order?
no I didn’t and to be honest as much as they reminded me of her I’m not sure I actually enjoyed them that much 🤭😂 I think they’ve got quite a sweet even biscuity flavour to them

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The other tea I want to try is Ringtons from the Northeast - they do online deliveries. They have a package of tea, cakes and biscuits for £19.99 with free delivery. Pictures taken from their Twitter account.
Www.ringtons.co.ukView attachment 178210View attachment 178211View attachment 178212

My in-laws live up north and every Christmas I get the big hamper , when gran was alive she always bought me the tea in a cute ringtons tin which were lovely.

I often order their ginger biscuits because they are quite simply the best in the world!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
no I didn’t and to be honest as much as they reminded me of her I’m not sure I actually enjoyed them that much 🤭😂 I think they’ve got quite a sweet even biscuity flavour to them
Maybe she stored them next to her biscuits!

My in-laws live up north and every Christmas I get the big hamper , when gran was alive she always bought me the tea in a cute ringtons tin which were lovely.

I often order their ginger biscuits because they are quite simply the best in the world!
I saw they also do a ginger cake. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Maybe she stored them next to her biscuits!

I saw they also do a ginger cake. 😊
Probably! Lol when I was up staying with her while my Granda wasn’t well I tried to hoover for her and it was all greasy? She goes oh yeah I couldn’t get it open so I thought I’d just grease it and see. Why are old people mad

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Right, I've caught up with all the "food and dick" of the day. Credit to @PoorPatrol for that excellent name.
@Pocahontas I bloody love Aragorn. So rugged. Jesus 😅
I am so here for the Matt Berry love, he's fit!
@Switchstreetz I'm sorry you have such a sexy Dad, that must be annoying.
Jamie Dornan (The Fall over 50 Shades anytime, obvs...).
duck yes.
Friend of a friend slept with him & said he had a curved penis.

Youre welcome 🥴
When THAT WOMAN''s thread wasn't moving so fast it took over my life I used to go on the celebrity gossip threads and someone who shagged him (or their friend - can't remember) described it as slender 🤣
That was my friend and yes, slender was the word she used. 😂😂😂

I've just ordered a Chinese because I've been BUSY so I'm treating myself.

Fave cake is Pistachio and Rose
Fave tea is Vanilla Rooibos
(Those choices make me look like a twit)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.