Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never tried a mash potato sandwich but have heard others recommending it before. I feel like it would all be a bit too soft!

Has @BeautifulTrauma found us over here? I don’t recall her posting recently

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve never tried a mash potato sandwich but have heard others recommending it before. I feel like it would all be a bit too soft!

Has @BeautifulTrauma found us over here? I don’t recall her posting recently
I remember her saying she’s back at work, so maybe she hasn’t had much time to keep up with the cabal of late?

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Currently have Edd Kimber’s “Coffee coffee cake” in the oven. Bought his new book One Tin Bakes and this is the first recipe I’ve tried so fingers crossed.

I made the smore bars last week. They are INCREDIBLE. I have a notion to try some of the bun recipes, I can never be bothered to make brioche dough but his method seems to be pretty simple, as long as you prove overnight.

I miss excuses to make a big tray of buns 😭 it's not the same on my own at home.

Reactions: 7
I need a review of these two teas. Anyone? Are they vastly different? I’m compiling my first Ocado delivery since before lockdown.
C001FE06-0BD6-4776-A13E-DBAEA7EBCF4A.jpeg
B91790A1-DF3D-491C-B3B3-A92348A41035.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I made the smore bars last week. They are INCREDIBLE. I have a notion to try some of the bun recipes, I can never be bothered to make brioche dough but his method seems to be pretty simple, as long as you prove overnight.

I miss excuses to make a big tray of buns 😭 it's not the same on my own at home.
The Smores bars are on my list to try! Everything in the book looks delicious. The coffee cake turned out great!

I really want to make those rose, pistachio buns in the book. The bun recipes are probably freezable without icing or syrup on. Or you could just eat them for breakfast, lunch & dinner 🤷‍♀️ I’m not usually one to faff with dough either. I love the idea of baking my own bread and it tastes delicious when I do, but I’m usually too lazy for the actual work involved so it rarely happens.

Reactions: 5
I need a review of these two teas. Anyone? Are they vastly different? I’m compiling my first Ocado delivery since before lockdown.View attachment 178106View attachment 178107
Omg they're stocked on Ocado?!

My sisters LOVE Barry's tea, like to the point where they're both devastated they can't go to Ireland (cos of covid) as they've run out of it, when they go over (for family) they both bulk buy... I'm gonna go take a look on Ocado now & see if I can surprise them haha

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Food confession....I have to splash a bit of vinegar on the top of pizza...for a bit of tang. And on top of beans on toast...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I am a firm believer that a lot of foodstuffs can go in a tasty sandwich! Including curry, spaghetti bolognese and mac and cheese (as toasties). Sorry if that makes me a minger 😂
Mr LF made a bread sauce sandwich a few christmases ago...later in the evening his stomach was in agony. No sympathy from me, what kind of psychopath thinks that's a good idea?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Food confession....I have to splash a bit of vinegar on the top of pizza...for a bit of tang. And on top of beans on toast...

I do this too! At uni we had a takeaway that did tomato garlic bread (no longer live near one that does!) and I'd always put salt & vinegar on top, it's delicious...

I do this too! At uni we had a takeaway that did tomato garlic bread (no longer live near one that does!) and I'd always put salt & vinegar on top, it's delicious...
Thank goodness it is not just me. No idea how I picked it up but it's not the same without it :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Barrys tea, yessss mate. I tried yorkshire tea but it was rotten, but in its defence it was on a train so ill blame the water lol

• Haha
I've just found this! Hurrah!
A place where I can rest my weary stressed head and not think about kittens and gaslighting.
Hello fellow Fraus

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Omg they're stocked on Ocado?!

My sisters LOVE Barry's tea, like to the point where they're both devastated they can't go to Ireland (cos of covid) as they've run out of it, when they go over (for family) they both bulk buy... I'm gonna go take a look on Ocado now & see if I can surprise them haha
Why don’t your sisters see if they can order the tea direct from Barry’s? I got fed up of not being able to fine Twinings loose leaf breakfast tea, so I order it from Twinings.

Reactions: 8
Favourite cake - a draw between coffee and walnut and carrot cake.
Lunch today- slice of birthday cake.
Tea - small amount of last night’s vegetarian curry, yogurt and pineapples.

Well sure they’re both grand! I actually have never drunk the green one myself though. The red is pretty standard for every day drinking.
I know I had some kind of Barry’s tea at Sally Clarke’s restaurant in Kensington years ago but I don’t remember what it tasted like. 🤔

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.