Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving all these secret crushes! Someone way back posted Rik Mayall, I’d forgotten how much I used to love him. My other wierd ones are Joe Lycett and Rory Kinnear. It’s their smiles.. I felt a bit embarrassed posting that but then I remembered Harold Bishop and his spanking paddles and nothing could be as bad as that 🙈.

I also had to do a Teams thing but found that if I put my phone round the side of the laptop I could carry on Grunkling and it just looked like I was concentrating really hard and writing stuff down👌.
This thread is like a confession booth..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
For more food chat and in case you aren’t aware, there is also a thread called What Are You Cooking for Dinner?

Reactions: 7
👋 Hello, just had a catch up on this thread.

Favourite perfumes 'spendy' Gucci Flora - Gorgeous Gardenia, more affordable Paul Smith Rose 🌹,

With regard to American biscuits, Red Lobster's are legendary, this is a good copy recipe.

Reactions: 3
Fave cuisines: Indo Dutch/ Dutch- rijsttafel, satay, bitterballen, ontbijtkoek - a spiced cake a bit like jamician ginger cake but drier.

Editted to remove double post.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Fave cuisines: Indo Dutch/ Dutch- rijsttafel, satay, bitterballen, ontbijtkoek - a spiced cake a bit like jamician ginger cake but drier.

A bit drier? All the more reason to add a thick layer of very salty butter, surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I remember my mother having a Dutch cookbook (never used, like most of the ones she did buy). It had decidedly dodgy line drawings instead of photographs inside - things like a picture of a glass with a line across the middle to signify a glass of buttermilk, lots of windmills and the usual blonde girl in a checked dress and plaits on the front cover. As far as I can remember, every single recipe had cheese or yoghurt in it. Layered potatoes with cheese, fish with cheese, eggs with yoghurt and cheese.

It wasn't one of the ones I read - like books, not because I was a tosser trying to suck up to a blueticker, but because I'd read everything else in the house by the age of 11 and after the medical dictionary she'd had since she'd been a student nurse in the 50s, it was either recipes or Mills and sodding Boon prior to their 'racy' revamp - that I felt much interest in 'borrowing'.

More robin pics (at my old house there was a really lovely robin that I ‘tamed’ - it even came inside the kitchen eventually 😂 of its own accord, and then we put its food in there)
View attachment 177949View attachment 177950View attachment 177951

Sorry, I’ll stop posting robin pics now 😂😂 and the worms might be a trigger for some

Don't stop!

I love the idea of why Robins do this. Their evolutionary niche is to pick up what's unearthed after a wild boar has gone through the ground and they transferred this to humans digging gardens and fields (plus harassing anglers on riverbanks).

To them, we are just two legged pigs with handy stashes of mealworms.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Worky work. Feeling like I should phone the GP to see if they know what's happening with my rheumatology referral but I've had enough hospital/medical interaction for one week, so I'm procrastinating. Just declined a 5pm work call with a pathetic excuse.

Other half will be here later, so I will be attempting to be cheery for him as he's had another week of looking for work, which is dull, stressful and demoralising all at the same time.

Oh dear. I have some work to do to achieve cheeryness don't I? Soz.
Procrastinating is fine, do it Monday! And duck work it's Friday - who even tries to schedule a call in for 5pm Friday?!! I hope you have lovely weekend plans though?

Just catching up on the thread, ended up taking ages at my appt. Absolutely shattered. Getting my first ~professional oven clean (fancy!) in 10-15 minutes because I can't blast it with chemicals myself & dread to think of the chaos husband would cause attempting it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
i don’t want to alarm anyone...
But I just realised there is no scone emoji.
😐 none.
there’s a bleeping flan but no scone.

In other news, but slightly off topic....
inspired by this thread....
9F226490-2AA4-4798-AAFF-1326B7749538.jpeg

I learned how to carry a cupcake on my nose whilst ALSO carrying dinner...
It only becomes a problem if I need to sniff someone’s ass or a lamppost. #productive
😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
More robin pics (at my old house there was a really lovely robin that I ‘tamed’ - it even came inside the kitchen eventually 😂 of its own accord, and then we put its food in there)

Sorry, I’ll stop posting robin pics now 😂😂 and the worms might be a trigger for some
I love your robin! I have a mouse and a frog somewhere in the garden, have never been quick enough to get a pic.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@TheDragonWithAFlagon, I spent a week as a student in Friesland in the north of the Netherlands and every meal was pretty much like that cookbook, we didn't see an uncooked vegetables all week.

On the last day we were in Amsterdam and the 4 of us all ordered green salads! It was the best salad I have ever had.

Most of the food that week wasn't great but we did get ontbijtkoek every morning at 11 with coffee.

Reactions: 11
Listen up, fraus and gentlemen! I just had massaman curry in a sandwich. I made it for the children to have with rice, but was so hungry I just couldn’t wait for the rice to steam. Had to be a fold over type single slice sandwich, otherwise it would have gone everywhere. Ohhhh man. I never want to eat anything else again in my life.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Listen up, fraus and gentlemen! I just had massaman curry in a sandwich. I made it for the children to have with rice, but was so hungry I just couldn’t wait for the rice to steam. Had to be a fold over type single slice sandwich, otherwise it would have gone everywhere. Ohhhh man. I never want to eat anything else again in my life.

I am a firm believer that a lot of foodstuffs can go in a tasty sandwich! Including curry, spaghetti bolognese and mac and cheese (as toasties). Sorry if that makes me a minger 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Yoohoo Hausfrau cabal 🤗

Love your profile pic Banana Smith, Harold and his indignant chins make him both funny and endearing. I don't do perfume as it makes me ill but I do do biscuits. Bourbons and dark choc digestives (RIP Tesco vegan ones) <3

Gratuitous Gif usage!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.