Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe it is *the law* that one person must buy enough sushi for three people whenever it is consumed.

I miss O Sushi, in the ahem, restaurant quarter of South Croydon (as we must now call it).

I WANT STICKY SWEET PASTRY THINGS NOW!
Where are you?

So, cake, I’ll basically eat any cake. Although chocolate cake is probably my least favourite despite loving a good bar of chocolate. There’s a cake shop called Cake Box near me (it’s a franchise so there may be one near you!) and they do a lovely Black Forest gateau and a really light vanilla sponge with fresh fruit on top.
I‘m also partial to white chocolate truffle cake, Hummingbird cake, carrot cake and coffee and walnut.

@Pocahontas the US office is brilliant! I can’t get through the cringe of the UK version but love the US one. I think the opening for the fire episode when Angela’s cat comes through the ceiling is my favourite ever bit of tv 😂
SAVE BANDIT !! :LOL: There is a Cake Box here also, I have looked wistfully at the black forest. I can make nice GF cake but sometimes you just want one bit !

I used to make cinnamon buns so often, I miss them so so much. @Flumps they look perf.
@LavaFlake so jel of your camping, hope it's the best.
@JuliaGulia Matt Berry in his Snuff Box days for me <3
@HarderFaster I now feel the deep longing for a spiced syrup cake!

This frau has just taken delivery of one of those scalp massager brushes, but this one vibrates!! Partly for the hair loss but mostly for residual muscle tension from my horrible bruxism. I am so excited yessss

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ouch - I've got a little under two hours in my queue to do at the moment, which I have to clear over the weekend in advance of about 16 hours coming in next week and was feeling bleurgh about that amount heading my way. Respect!

Double Stuff Oreos, Armani Code and Kevin McCloud here. Current Mr Falkor eight years older, previous Mr Falkor 10 years older.
My friend had to interview Mr McCloud a while back, she said he spoke to her boobs for the whole interview and was quite creepy. Sorry!

And OBVIOUSLY the best cake is coffee and walnut or lemon drizzle (no substitutes accepted, ever)!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I miss Little Vietnam in South Wimbledon <3 I had to leave London and retreat to my part of the Estuary a couple of years ago. I miss it a lot and I hope I can move back sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 4
Your post made me remember this and I laughed out loud again

Did you see him on I think it was big fat quiz of the year reading out some z listers autobiography? It was just incredible
No! But I will do soon via All 4. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: 5
Sussex.
To be fair, I could produce such things, but I'd rather they were magically provided for me.
Check out the Danish chain Ole & Steen when you next to come to London. They have a lot of branches now inc. one in Oxford. They are famous for their cinnamon social. I also like their breads.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

Why is everyone meeting Matt Berry and not me?! 😭
One of my friends works in the media, I get so much inside gossip from her, but he was doing a show near my office so she invited me along! I also know that David Mitchell is the nicest man in the world and Will Young is a bellend through being invited to stuff!

Also - nicest people to work with are Tom Hanks, David Mitchell,surprisingly Piers Morgan and Rachel Khoo. Worst - David Williams, Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh, that reminds me of something else I don't seem able to get anymore - blocks of Havarti. The pathetic processed slices from Waitrose aren't the same as having pieces melted onto toast soldiers for dipping into a soft boiled egg.

We're veering into favourite cuisines here. Ach, why not?

Mine - Swedish/Scandinavian and Japanese, with honourable entries from the Occitane, and Middle East.

Reactions: 6

Currently have Edd Kimber’s “Coffee coffee cake” in the oven. Bought his new book One Tin Bakes and this is the first recipe I’ve tried so fingers crossed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Ooh, I really liked The Favourite. Have seen ads for The Great ... on which viewing receptacle would this delight be found?

12 years and 21 years .... both multiples of THREE
Ooh yes almond and orange blossom
Maybe I am a secret interloper a la JM.

It's on Starzplay via Amazon Prime - you can get a free trial to watch x

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m here for the Matt Berry talk. This really should be named food and dick, eh?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.