Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this looks like a cat has got sick on...
What the duck even is that 😐
Why do I keep zooming in on it 😂😂
WHY DO I KEEP ENLARGING IT 😂🤣
That's a sausage gravy! Americans have it with 'biscuits' which are similar to our scones

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
That's a sausage gravy! Americans have it with 'biscuits' which are similar to our scones
Yes. These are very common in Southern states including Texas. I had some at a diner in Texas along time ago while driving across the country. Biscuits on their own are often served instead of bread during a meal in certain areas.

Reactions: 4
Ok sausage gravy sounds fabulous, I will retract one of my many sick face emojis

• Haha
Reactions: 6
1594388409875.png

I have a soft spot for Jarl Varg from Norsemen, series 3 coming soon. I am ridiculously excited. Vikings + dark comedy = A win win.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Some joyous animal news for you my loves!

I suspected that a robin had nested in my outhouse (not a euphemism) a few days ago...I’ve just been outside and heard little cheeps!

Seems to be about five chicks 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 41
The worst part is always listening to my own voice and getting mad at myself for interrupting interviewees because I get excited and can't stem my train of thought. I often wonder how many groundbreaking insights I've missed because I inadvertently throw them off course.

My fiancé is 12 years my senior but that's nothing compared to three former partners all of whom were 21 years older than me. I may have issues...

On cake: I love like, syrup drenched cakes. Y'know, like a pistachio sponge with rose syrup, or almond cake and orange blossom 😍 feel a bit funny thinking about it.
I had to transcribe a bunch of interviews when I did a research project for my degree. Same, babe. I cringed at my interrupting with excitement, and my lack of ability to concisely finish a question anyway than 'well....' or 'you know....'

My other half has had 2 long term relationships before me, one the same age as him and one a bit older. He is occasionally mildly horrified at our 10 year age gap. Whereas I consider it eminently sensible compared to my previous. Especially as we're talking 41-51 rather than the admittedly horrifying 19-44, and even 21-37, where, looking back, it definitely meant an inequity.

And I am with you on syrup making cakes much better. Even your basic witch, lemon drizzle.

ETA: tl;dr I agree with you on all of that. You may be me. Sorry about that.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Some joyous animal news for you my loves!

I suspected that a robin had nested in my outhouse (not a euphemism) a few days ago...I’ve just been outside and heard little cheeps!

Seems to be about five chicks 🥰🥰🥰
LOVE any animal news. We have a mouse roaming about the flat at the mo. Most people would put traps down, LF and mr LF? We have named him Mickey and leave bits of cheese by the hole in the back of the cupboard we think he comes in through. If he gets his fill of cheese he won't want to chew through our food, right?

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Haha
@JuliaGulia my husband met Matt Berry at work! He was really lovely apparently, I was not at all jealous 😠

Thanks for the US Office recs - I had avoided it as I didn't like the original and thought it would be an even shitter version.
Season 1 of the US office follows a similar storyline and then goes its own way. I’m jealous you haven’t seen it yet and have all the joy of Dwight to come!

• Heart
  • Haha
LOVE any animal news. We have a mouse roaming about the flat at the mo. Most people would put traps down, LF and mr LF? We have named him Mickey and leave bits of cheese by the hole in the back of the cupboard we think he comes in through. If he gets his fill of cheese he won't want to chew through our food, right?
Possibly. But he, his wife and 37 children will still piss all over it, though.

Mr D has come up with the idea of making pork dumplings when he comes home from work tomorrow. Whilst my personal preference is for prawn, rather than pork, I'm steering him slightly towards a Gyoza angle instead, whilst keeping him happy with what he actually likes more for a change. It's not much of a difference on the surface, but I do prefer Japanese on the whole, as it just seems a bit 'lighter' to me.

Ah. He's rumbled me.

He's suggested that he picks up some tempura from the Japanese restaurant round the corner, does some rice and other veggie stuff to go with the Gyoza.

I do miss the Saturdays when I'd nob off into London to twit about in the Japan Centre, spend far too much money on ingredients, cooking implements, random tut and enough sushi for three people, then sit on the steps to the National Gallery with my picnic lunch, a bottle of Melon Ramune and a perfect Ichigo Daifuku with a giant, ripe strawberry in the middle.

They do have a website for online ordering (which isn't really the same) and quite a few recipes, which are generally rather good - https://www.japancentre.com/en/cookings

• Heart
God trying to explain biscuits to my american colleague was a challenge....she thinks they are scones to be eaten with some kind of weird white gravy congealed gloop that looks like watery bread sauce :sick: "it's a cookie but more solid.....DEAR GOD WOMAN NOT THAT, WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO EAT"

View attachment 177771

(n)(n)(n)(n)😭😭😭😭🤬🤬🤬🤬:sick::sick::sick::sick: (sorry if anyone likes them)
Is this one of Jackie’s recipes?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
@JuliaGulia my husband met Matt Berry at work! He was really lovely apparently, I was not at all jealous 😠

Season 1 of the US office follows a similar storyline and then goes its own way. I’m jealous you haven’t seen it yet and have all the joy of Dwight to come!

I met Matt Berry! He was an utter delight

• Heart
Reactions: 16
A cardamom bun I had during lockdown. It was delivered from a local shop along with some other items. I think it was from The Snapery.
811248A8-A32B-494E-8957-47B28CE6077E.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I do miss the Saturdays when I'd nob off into London to twit about in the Japan Centre, spend far too much money on ingredients, cooking implements, random tut and enough sushi for three people, then sit on the steps to the National Gallery with my picnic lunch, a bottle of Melon Ramune and a perfect Ichigo Daifuku with a giant, ripe strawberry in the middle.
I believe it is *the law* that one person must buy enough sushi for three people whenever it is consumed.

I miss O Sushi, in the ahem, restaurant quarter of South Croydon (as we must now call it).

A cardamom bun I had during lockdown. It was delivered from a local shop along with some other items. I think it was from The Snapery. View attachment 177912
I WANT STICKY SWEET PASTRY THINGS NOW!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.