Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Food wise - it’s Friday!! Trying to shift COVID weight (who am I kidding it was here before that) so juicing from mon to third with light dinner thurs night.
Today - an apple and biscuits for lunch sitting at my desk 🤣 (2 cookies, and 2 bourbons) and will probably snack on something when I get in from work at 2.
Tonight - CURRY!! (Real not JM version) Bhuna I think. Salivating thinking about it!

I didn’t realise we had to identify a cake for triangulation purposes too... ok - I think my favourite cake (maybe it’s a pastry?) is that gorgeously gooey French pastry cake Kouign-amann (had to look the name up). Oooh - Benoit from Bake off the professionals - yum!

Wish I could chat about peparami dicks all day! I’ve just had a meeting on Google meets, about to start another on Zoom, then have another on google hangouts -
Feel your pain - although I do like being able to cruise forums/internet shop/read when things get too dull.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've just been on a rare outing to the supermarket. Live very rurally so don't see civilisation much these days. Stocked up on sweets (Rowntrees pick n mix, Giant Skittles) chocolate (Galaxy salted caramel, Munchies) and some alcoholic beverages for later.

Home now and making some spicy sausage spaghetti for lunch ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've just been on a rare outing to the supermarket. Live very rurally so don't see civilisation much these days. Stocked up on sweets (Rowntrees pick n mix, Giant Skittles) chocolate (Galaxy salted caramel, Munchies) and some alcoholic beverages for later.

Home now and making some spicy sausage spaghetti for lunch ☺
You sound like me! Went to costco at the weekend for cleaning products and loo roll and came away with a box of 60 packets of crisps and a kilo box of haribo (that autocorrected to haricot :ROFLMAO:) starmix

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Feel your pain - although I do like being able to cruise forums/internet shop/read when things get too dull.
I honestly don't know how I concentrated in F2F meetings before lockdown! I'm straight on Tattle now 🙈

@TheDragonWithAFlagon I ❤the way you describe food!

@heretoreaditall2019 I hope your bloods go well!

@Flumps I hope your call goes well if you're able to ring them.

I'm so excited as I'm going on a camping holiday from this Sunday and the weather is meant to be nice! Haven't started packing yet (yikes) but really looking forward to some time off.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thanks lovely! I’ll bookmark it now or I won’t find it 🙈 ❤
If you can tear yourself away from the mean streets of the JM thread! She’s actually broken me now, I think. I thought I was tough 😅 she’s literally worn me down to a point where I just can’t cope with her anymore, I’m utterly disgusted. I’ve only got biscuit and elf chat left in me. How did her various Mrs Js stick it out so long?

Oh, and, had my glasses off for a min. I misread the thread title as ‘food & dick’, which isn’t too far off really.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I don’t really gif,
I’m not a giffer,
I has not giffed 😕 but I feel it necessary here or il be an outcast amongst the masses.

so if I’m going to gif it’s gonna be on a serious subject, after reminiscing about the humble jelly star last night #RIP #YouWereLoved.
I need to bring up a biscuit related topic.

THIS IS NOT A BISCUIT!!!! Why are the gif gods trying to gaslight me into believing this is a biscuit.
It’s a SCONE. pronounced “sc...own” not “sc....on” 😐

thank you for your time.

I've heard the Americans call scones biscuits.

The best scones are fruit scones with butter and raspberry jam imo, though im interested to hear dissenting opinions 👀

Re what are we eating:
For breakfast I had toast. For lunch I had toast. I still have 8 slices of bread left that go out of date tomorrow. 😂

Still laughing at your puppy boo spoiler from last night
It really got me 😂 spilled my tea and not in the gossip sense
I have the puppy boo post bookmarked I loved it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hey witches! I'm going round a friend's house later and she's cooking for me and the rest of my family. I'll sit at her kitchen island and drink wine. Winner, winner, tofu dinner.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Thanks for the US Office recs - I had avoided it as I didn't like the original and thought it would be an even shitter version.

My fave perfume is Insolence EDP and in the old bottle (new bottle version does smell different). It's such a lovely violet type smell.

Am I the only person here with a younger partner? I think I’m also the only one not into hobbits, elves and LOTR. Maybe I need to find new fraus?

👋 Me, husband is 4 and a bit years younger. My mum was shocked when she found out even though there's a similar age gap with my dad bit it's the other way round.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
God trying to explain biscuits to my american colleague was a challenge....she thinks they are scones to be eaten with some kind of weird white gravy congealed gloop that looks like watery bread sauce :sick: "it's a cookie but more solid.....DEAR GOD WOMAN NOT THAT, WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO EAT"

View attachment 177771

(n)(n)(n)(n)😭😭😭😭🤬🤬🤬🤬:sick::sick::sick::sick: (sorry if anyone likes them)
this looks like a cat has got sick on...
What the duck even is that 😐
Why do I keep zooming in on it 😂😂
WHY DO I KEEP ENLARGING IT 😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I finished about 60 hours of interview transcriptions this morning (not to JM it or anything; I've been doing it piecemeal for weeks)
Ouch - I've got a little under two hours in my queue to do at the moment, which I have to clear over the weekend in advance of about 16 hours coming in next week and was feeling bleurgh about that amount heading my way. Respect!

Double Stuff Oreos, Armani Code and Kevin McCloud here. Current Mr Falkor eight years older, previous Mr Falkor 10 years older.

I’ve just had a bagel with philly, bacon and tomato. Heaven!

am Realising more and more that I don’t really enjoy cake. My bleeping auto correct is going mad lately especially with punctuation and I just cannot be arsed so sorry not sorry if I type madness

I’ve had a hugh Laurie crush since I was a Kid even when he was A really really camp posho

• Haha
Favourite biscuit? It’s tough, because I want all my biscuity babies to feel loved. Currently enjoying Borders milk chocolate gingers with a couple of Breakaways (caramac covered) every now & again. M&S lime Jaffa’s also deserve an honourable mention. Needless to say, clothes are feeling a bit more snug than pre-lockdown.

Secret crush - Alexander Skarsgard 😍😍😍😍😍😍. All day, all night, any which way 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍.
Strange crush - if he can make me laugh & has a twinkle in his eye, I’ll give him due consideration 😱😂

The return of the giph

Oh I love This Country! Never fails to be a balm for frayed nerves. Might watch it again later.
And @Oohthedrama I'm still in shock over the Scone/scown revelation.

• Heart
  • Haha
Ouch - I've got a little under two hours in my queue to do at the moment, which I have to clear over the weekend in advance of about 16 hours coming in next week and was feeling bleurgh about that amount heading my way. Respect!
The worst part is always listening to my own voice and getting mad at myself for interrupting interviewees because I get excited and can't stem my train of thought. I often wonder how many groundbreaking insights I've missed because I inadvertently throw them off course.

My fiancé is 12 years my senior but that's nothing compared to three former partners all of whom were 21 years older than me. I may have issues...

On cake: I love like, syrup drenched cakes. Y'know, like a pistachio sponge with rose syrup, or almond cake and orange blossom 😍 feel a bit funny thinking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Lots to catch up on since last night. I love this thread.

lunch - bagel with cheese and marmite scoffed in between back to back meetings.
cake - got to be coffee and walnut or lemon drizzle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Oh I love This Country! Never fails to be a balm for frayed nerves. Might watch it again later.
And @Oothedrama. I'm still in shock over the Scone/scown revelation.
Vicar of Dibley is my go-to for frayed nerves (or disney films, preferably ones with songs I can wail along to sounding like a strangled cat)

Speaking of partners ages, Mr LF is 3 months older than me - an ex however told me he was one year older, until I saw his driving license by chance one day and he was in fact 7 years older :oops:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Just wanted to post this here....

because I've actually had to do some work today from home, catching up basically because I've been sidelined for several weeks with my back and my MH taking a nose dive. This has resulted in me missing out on all the lovely chat here and now I have an extra thread to Grunka 😢😢😢. I don't think I like this adulting crap.

I shall return later x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.