Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread is an absolute balm.

I'm currently eating a Nobbly Bobbly to celebrate after a rare successful meeting with my manager (she's actually great, I think she just gets sick of my disorganised bullshit). I haven't had one since I was about 6 and they're so damn good.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@LF519 microwave man has really tickled me, I’m so glad we have a nice place for just chat away from the positively demonic JM tbh!

Food - I’ve spoilt~ myself today because I’m having blood tests later and struggle with dizziness after them (I have “good” low blood pressure no JM am drams) so try to eat a lot the day of & not do anything 😳 otherwise I get carried away and before I know it I’ve re arranged the kitchen cupboards and am shattered?!

This is nutritionally awful & I’ve had a lot: a cream cheese bagel with quorn pepperoni bits at like 4am, just had posh breakfast of pancakes (didn’t make them myself) and strawberries. I swapped my @Pocahontas brand ice lolly for half a tray of ice cubes in an orange juice and then crunched them (RIP my teeth) as a tasty dessert?? Will probs have tomatoes with (real!) lemon all over them and a bit of quiche before I go for the appt.

What are you guys up to today??

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t really gif,
I’m not a giffer,
I has not giffed 😕 but I feel it necessary here or il be an outcast amongst the masses.

so if I’m going to gif it’s gonna be on a serious subject, after reminiscing about the humble jelly star last night #RIP #YouWereLoved.
I need to bring up a biscuit related topic.

THIS IS NOT A BISCUIT!!!! Why are the gif gods trying to gaslight me into believing this is a biscuit.
It’s a SCONE. pronounced “sc...own” not “sc....on” 😐

thank you for your time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
A couple of years ago, Marks and Spencer sold raspberry and coconut shortbread - it was divine.
I also regularly crave cardamom buns and I’m partial to a good cinnamon bun but not necessarily with frosting. I was trying to sample as many of these buns as possible in the last few years in London until lockdown happened and will resume one day.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t really gif,
I’m not a giffer,
I has not giffed 😕 but I feel it necessary here or il be an outcast amongst the masses.

so if I’m going to gif it’s gonna be on a serious subject, after reminiscing about the humble jelly star last night #RIP #YouWereLoved.

THIS IS NOT A BISCUIT!!!! Why are the gif gods trying to gaslight me into believing this is a biscuit.

thank you for your time.

You're right about everything (apart from the pronunciation of scone) but nobody's perfect...

• Haha
I don’t really gif,
I’m not a giffer,

thank you for your time.

God trying to explain biscuits to my american colleague was a challenge....she thinks they are scones to be eaten with some kind of weird white gravy congealed gloop that looks like watery bread sauce :sick: "it's a cookie but more solid.....DEAR GOD WOMAN NOT THAT, WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO EAT"

1594379116067.png

(n)(n)(n)(n)😭😭😭😭🤬🤬🤬🤬:sick::sick::sick::sick: (sorry if anyone likes them)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
You're right about everything (apart from the pronunciation of scone) but nobody's perfect...

*reported for abuse and stupidity* 😐

my grandad used to say
“when you’re eating it, it’s a sc-OWN when you’ve ate it it’s a
sc-GONE” 🤣😂

clearly I get my amazing humour from him.
He tried god love him 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
*reported for abuse and stupidity* 😐

my grandad used to say
“when you’re eating it, it’s a sc-OWN when you’ve ate it it’s a
sc-GONE” 🤣😂

clearly I get my amazing humour from him.
He tried god love him 😆
Still laughing at your puppy boo spoiler from last night
It really got me 😂 spilled my tea and not in the gossip sense

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Only on page 12 but hope the weird crushes are still being discussed...mine are Charles Dance (that VOICE) and Kate Beckinsale even though I am straight

LOVE an armani perfume, it's all I wear these days (FANCY!)...actually not so fancy as I seem to be allergic to most perfumes now :( and armani doesn't bring me out in a rash.
YES to Charles Dance! He is soooo sexy! Those eyes, that voice. 😍😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 6

What are you/we having for lunch?
I beg of you all to be sparing with the Hugh Laurie gifs, that was genuinely a 'Wait? What?' moment for me as I quickly scrolled through the thread. 😂

I've just forced myself to eat toast (tiger/giraffe bread) with all butter and fishpaste (sardine and tomato because it is the only right one). I'm struggling to eat/cook at the moment, because I am so tired. And presumably anxious, I don't feel particularly anxious, but that's normally when my appetite goes away.

Will have to eat a proper dinner, as Hugh is on his way over later. His one flaw is a liking for rather basic food, so will be having pork loins steaks, just flash fried (I might throw some herbs in the pan - thyme and oregano - he probably won't notice), apple sauce from some very forward apples from his Bramley tree, mash (poss cheesey, depends on my energy levels). Also creamed leeks and *something* <waves vaguely> with courgettes for me, because leeks and courgettes are looking sad, so I must cook them, despite a complete lack of interest. Hugh will have baked beans (unrinsed, but still the devil's work).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Still laughing at your puppy boo spoiler from last night
It really got me 😂 spilled my tea and not in the gossip sense
Your post made me remember this and I laughed out loud again

YES to Charles Dance! He is soooo sexy! Those eyes, that voice. 😍😍😍
Did you see him on I think it was big fat quiz of the year reading out some z listers autobiography? It was just incredible

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Worky work. Feeling like I should phone the GP to see if they know what's happening with my rheumatology referral but I've had enough hospital/medical interaction for one week, so I'm procrastinating. Just declined a 5pm work call with a pathetic excuse.

Other half will be here later, so I will be attempting to be cheery for him as he's had another week of looking for work, which is dull, stressful and demoralising all at the same time.

Oh dear. I have some work to do to achieve cheeryness don't I? Soz.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@LF519 microwave man has really tickled me, I’m so glad we have a nice place for just chat away from the positively demonic JM tbh!

Food - I’ve spoilt~ myself today because I’m having blood tests later and struggle with dizziness after them (I have “good” low blood pressure no JM am drams) so try to eat a lot the day of & not do anything 😳 otherwise I get carried away and before I know it I’ve re arranged the kitchen cupboards and am shattered?!

This is nutritionally awful & I’ve had a lot: a cream cheese bagel with quorn pepperoni bits at like 4am, just had posh breakfast of pancakes (didn’t make them myself) and strawberries. I swapped my @Pocahontas brand ice lolly for half a tray of ice cubes in an orange juice and then crunched them (RIP my teeth) as a tasty dessert?? Will probs have tomatoes with (real!) lemon all over them and a bit of quiche before I go for the appt.

Hope the blood tests go well ❤
Ice in orange juice instead of the ice lollies?
Maverick! Just working today but checking tattle every 10 minutes 😂
Ooh you’ve made me crave bagels with cream cheese now

Worky work. Feeling like I should phone the GP to see if they know what's happening with my rheumatology referral but I've had enough hospital/medical interaction for one week, so I'm procrastinating. Just declined a 5pm work call with a pathetic excuse.

Other half will be here later, so I will be attempting to be cheery for him as he's had another week of looking for work, which is dull, stressful and demoralising all at the same time.

Oh dear. I have some work to do to achieve cheeryness don't I? Soz.
Hope your day goes well lovely and that have a relaxing weekend with your other half ❤ so sorry to hear about his job search - fingers crossed something will cross his path soon

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Favourite biscuit? It’s tough, because I want all my biscuity babies to feel loved. Currently enjoying Borders milk chocolate gingers with a couple of Breakaways (caramac covered) every now & again. M&S lime Jaffa’s also deserve an honourable mention. Needless to say, clothes are feeling a bit more snug than pre-lockdown.

Secret crush - Alexander Skarsgard 😍😍😍😍😍😍. All day, all night, any which way 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍.
Strange crush - if he can make me laugh & has a twinkle in his eye, I’ll give him due consideration 😱😂

The return of the giph

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I finished about 60 hours of interview transcriptions this morning (not to JM it or anything; I've been doing it piecemeal for weeks) so I'm sitting on my arse watching The Great. Dunno if anyone's seen it but it's visually lush, funny and got a sort of The Favourite vibe about it. Would recommend.

I've promised myself I'll do more work after lunch but it's Friday and my rapper name would be Notorious P (the P is for Procrastinator).

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Wish I could chat about peparami dicks all day! I’ve just had a meeting on Google meets, about to start another on Zoom, then have another on google hangouts - which is surely the same as bloody google meets, we’ll see later when I’m trying to sort it out one second before the meeting starts. My delightful colleagues will get the eye of Sauron, and maybe a bit of cleavage thrown in. I’ve slowly shifted all headache bullshit stuff onto Fridays, so that once it’s all done I don’t have the anxiousness of difficult conversations etc hanging over the weekends, everything is then done.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.