Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, cake, I’ll basically eat any cake. Although chocolate cake is probably my least favourite despite loving a good bar of chocolate. There’s a cake shop called Cake Box near me (it’s a franchise so there may be one near you!) and they do a lovely Black Forest gateau and a really light vanilla sponge with fresh fruit on top.
I‘m also partial to white chocolate truffle cake, Hummingbird cake, carrot cake and coffee and walnut.

@Pocahontas the US office is brilliant! I can’t get through the cringe of the UK version but love the US one. I think the opening for the fire episode when Angela’s cat comes through the ceiling is my favourite ever bit of tv 😂

@Breakdance Badass My husband is a year younger than me. Previous relationships they were all a fair bit older so clearly younger works best for me!

@Flumps yes to Hugh Laurie in House! I’ve been listening to some of his music recently and pretending to myself he is actually that character. Seems like a nice chap as his real Hugh Laurie self too.
The cinnamon buns look so good! My mother in law is making some tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed she’ll drop some off for us 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So, cake, I’ll basically eat any cake. Although chocolate cake is probably my least favourite despite loving a good bar of chocolate. There’s a cake shop called Cake Box near me (it’s a franchise so there may be one near you!) and they do a lovely Black Forest gateau and a really light vanilla sponge with fresh fruit on top.
I‘m also partial to white chocolate truffle cake, Hummingbird cake, carrot cake and coffee and walnut.

@Pocahontas the US office is brilliant! I can’t get through the cringe of the UK version but love the US one. I think the opening for the fire episode when Angela’s cat comes through the ceiling is my favourite ever bit of tv 😂

@Breakdance Badass My husband is a year younger than me. Previous relationships they were all a fair bit older so clearly younger works best for me!

@Flumps yes to Hugh Laurie in House! I’ve been listening to some of his music recently and pretending to myself he is actually that character. Seems like a nice chap as his real Hugh Laurie self too.
The cinnamon buns look so good! My mother in law is making some tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed she’ll drop some off for us 🤞🏼
Yes - the bit with the cat!!! Cried laughing.

Reactions: 2
Cakes - good old victoria sponge for me 😋 Or a red velvet.

Absolute favourite is a warm brownie, good mixture of gooey & crunchy, with cream 🥰

• Heart
😘 thank you, yes things are much calmer now! Lots of work to do on myself & my confidence but im feeling stronger!
I'm sorry everyone, but I just don't get the KS ? Maybe I need to see him on video?
View attachment 177579
Christoph Waltz tho
[/QQ
for any Kate Beckinsale admirers, I follow her on Instagram. She is delightfully bonkers and has a cute cat. Also posts lots of yoga videos.
@LavaFlake - were you the one who posted on JM about how your relationship was against all odds for a while? Love that
Also @Harrybosch - forgot to say - you were also taking no tit the day Jack called. She even called you demanding, didn’t she 😂
@Flumps Those cinnamon buns look amazing!!!! Love them.

My husband is 5 months younger than me - so at the moment, I am technically a year older than him in numbers 😂which my kids like to tease me about

Oh yeah - that bit made me 😭 when he said he was proud of her.
Jackie calling me entitled and demanding is my proudest moment.

For the record, my husband is five years older than me. The biggest gap was when I was 22 an the guy I was with was 39. Shockingly, that didn't last. Possibly in part because he wasn't a rich banker, but someone who lived illegally on his own business premises (he was 'a creative') and you had to wander down the hall, flanked by offices, if you needed the loo. On occasion, you might bump into someone in a suit, slightly awkward post-shag. Happy to report though that his dick was neither curved nor slender.

Also, I'm here for the cinnamon bun chat. I LOVE a cinnamon bun. I love cinnamon on everything.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
@choccydigestive tagging you so can find a fraus (and all) off topic thread for chat

Jackie calling me entitled and demanding is my proudest moment.

For the record, my husband is five years older than me. The biggest gap was when I was 22 an the guy I was with was 39. Shockingly, that didn't last. Possibly in part because he wasn't a rich banker, but someone who lived illegally on his own business premises (he was 'a creative') and you had to wander down the hall, flanked by offices, if you needed the loo. On occasion, you might bump into someone in a suit, slightly awkward post-shag. Happy to report though that his dick was neither curved nor slender.

Also, I'm here for the cinnamon bun chat. I LOVE a cinnamon bun. I love cinnamon on everything.
I love cinnamon too!! See, I knew we were BFFs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@LF519 how are you feeling today?

Looks like we've been retitled to just 'Food and Drink' now? So on that note, what's everyone eating today? (Wouldn't want us to be banished back to Downing Street...😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Feel like I have to share as this has made me hoot up a lung this morning - a friend of mine's 8 year old used his dad's details about a month ago for something X box related and somehow changed his dad's email name to Microwave Man (so whenever the dad emails anyone that's what appears). Said dad has been emailing the school, the council and other official bods not knowing that his name was appearing to all of them like that until he applied for a new job and the person who responded put "Hi Microwave" as the opener :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
My husband likes to amuse himself by changing our Wifi name to things like Pootits, knowing that all the neighbours can see it. He thinks he’s hilarious 🤦‍♀️😆

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was going to have the leftover salad bits and chicken tonight but someone bashed in to my car yesterday (no injuries, it was parked while I was in a patients house) so after the fun of sorting all that out I think it’ll be takeaway instead. Any excuse!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
@LF519 how are you feeling today?

Looks like we've been retitled to just 'Food and Drink' now? So on that note, what's everyone eating today? (Wouldn't want us to be banished back to Downing Street...😂)
Much better than I was, thank you xx Not going on social media today in case I inadvertently see anything about the kitten. Not in the mood to do any work so expect to see lots of me on here today!

Lunch today will be a roast beef tiger-bread baguette with enough mustard to destroy my sinuses and wotsits because I am a 32 year old child.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Haven’t had a takeaway in a while so might order one tonight... but what to choose 🤔

I live in a small, backward area so until recently only had the choice of 5 takeaways. During lockdown a new app has been launched and I’m really spoilt for choice! There’s even a place that just does desserts. Is this what living in modern civilisation is like?! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
My husband likes to amuse himself by changing our Wifi name to things like Pootits, knowing that all the neighbours can see it. He thinks he’s hilarious 🤦‍♀️😆
I think I would get on well with your husband!!

Haven’t had a takeaway in a while so might order one tonight... but what to choose 🤔

I live in a small, backward area so until recently only had the choice of 5 takeaways. During lockdown a new app has been launched and I’m really spoilt for choice! There’s even a place that just does desserts. Is this what living in modern civilisation is like?! 😂
Chinese. Always chinese.

Is it Kaspas?? There's one down the road from me and I am always tempted 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m a Black Forest gateau Frau myself. I just had a vegan sausage sandwich for brunch, fancy a takeout later as I’ve been cooking all bastard week

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Chinese. Always chinese.

Is it Kaspas?? There's one down the road from me and I am always tempted 🤔
Chinese is a very good call!

No, it’s a local business, though I used to live near a Kaspas too and it always looked amazing! You should treat yourself sometime, if you can

Reactions: 4
Chinese is probably my favourite takeaway but I end up spending 💷 😬
Tonight I'm either doing homemade burgers with blue cheese and sweet potato wedges/salad. Or smoked salmon and prawn risotto (fancy, but I hate cooking risotto! So tedious! 😩😂)

• Heart
The Kaspa chocolate waffle ❤I found out about dessert delivery a couple of years ago and it changed my life 😂

We're having homemade pizzas (although premade bases) tonight with allll the toppings - including pineapple 🍍

Chinese is probably my favourite takeaway but I end up spending 💷 😬
Tonight I'm either doing homemade burgers with blue cheese and sweet potato wedges/salad. Or smoked salmon and prawn risotto (fancy, but I hate cooking risotto! So tedious! 😩😂)
See I find cooking risotto really therapeutic and just absent-mindedly stir while listening to a podcast!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I am SO pleased for this thread. Veteran JM thread follower, I've lost track this week since I've been BUSY and frankly I cba with her anymore. But I missed the chat and the gifs so I am here for this.
Now to Grunka this thread so I'm up to date.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
See I find cooking risotto really therapeutic and just absent-mindedly stir while listening to a podcast!
My friend is the same, she enjoys cooking them as she just chucks on Netflix and sits there stirring. I don't know what it is, I just find them a really boring dish to cook 😂 I love cooking paella though!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Morning!

You've got me thinking about patisserie now. Ratbags.

Tarte aux Fruits
Tarte au Citron

Things with fruit that tastes like fruit, really.

Best served with black coffee/chicory blend (I LOVED the Sainsbury's blend, but they stopped doing it - bastards)

On the first day about a million years ago that I decided living on my own didn't mean I had to have a microwave meal, I wandered off to the supermarket and found, of all thing, Bresse chickens reduced to clear, so I got one for about £2.50. I stuck it in the oven with a lemon, fresh tarragon, lots of sea salt, a big old leek cut up and some potatoes - and then made myself a peach and blueberry crumble, which I had with creme fraiche.

Ohhh, that was such a good, good meal. The chicken and potatoes were golden, the leek bright green and then the crumble was the most amazing orange sunset colour where the blueberries burst.

I've just been handed a cup of black instant and some slightly limp (WHY doesn't he leave the toaster on until it pings?) toast with Marmite as I'm 'working'. It's really not the same.

Pepperami equals pencil dick. I had a musician with one. He left his plectrum on the bedside table.

Quite clearly inadequate in more ways than one. A real musician will, every time they put their hand into their pocket (and let's face it, that's a rare occurrence), pull out about 22 pence, three plectrums, a 3.5-6.2mm TRS converter, two cigarette filters and the squishy bit from a set of headphones.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.