Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still catching up but....

You have blown my MIND. I don't think I have either and I had never realized.
First boyfriend was 20 and I was 16. Was with him until I was 20.
Second boyfriend was younger than me so he might have been 19, not certain.

I feel a bit sad now, that I'll never sleep with a teenager.
I only realised this a couple of years ago, and had that similar moment of sadness, but then I remember what teenage boys were like when I was young and generally consider it to be a wise decision. My first boyfriend was 20 too and I was with him until I was 19.

Also @Alansbigplate - agree, I am not sure about biscuits. Apart from as a cheesecake base. I like homemade shortbread, but I want to augment it with fresh fruit and ice cream.

And agree with whoever said they like men to smell like men. Uh-huh. That. I definitely have the pheromone thing with my other half. I sniff him surreptitiously (and not so surreptitiously, then get bemused looks) all the time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Unlikely crushes - Dr Cox off Scrubs (not the actor, specifically the character!)
Oh, good lord, yes. πŸ’―

Also Hugh Laurie in House, though I appreciate that's not exactly a

choice. My other half also looks distractingly like him in certain lights/angles, so it's confusing for me to watch now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
At any one moment I like to have four types of cheese in my fridge

and I’ve never sounded more Partridge than that
This also seems like key triangulation data.

I have... eek... 8 types of cheese in my fridge atm. FANCY! And yet sometimes I wonder why someone keeps complaining about my profligate supermarket shopping habits.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Am I the only person here with a younger partner? I think I’m also the only one not into hobbits, elves and LOTR. Maybe I need to find new fraus?

My husband is younger than me πŸ™‹
First partner that has been younger. The older ones turned out to be wankers so... 🀷

My husband is younger than me πŸ™‹
First partner that has been younger. The older ones turned out to be wankers so... 🀷
ETA also not into LOTR πŸ™‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I know I'll probably have to leave the thread but I HATE CAKE! I can just about tolerate chocolate cake but as a rule, I HATE CAKE.

Soz

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I know I'll probably have to leave the thread but I HATE CAKE! I can just about tolerate chocolate cake but as a rule, I HATE CAKE.

Soz
That's cool, do you like any desserts? Savoury desserts accepted also of course.

Reactions: 6
Me too, I never enjoyed the UK Office, it was horrid 24/7 and the second hand cringe was awful. The US version had a lot of warmth I really enjoyed.

Haha omg yes Jan's assistant Hunter and his song playing on a loop!
Oh god, same. Really cant deal with second hand cringe πŸ˜–

That's cool, do you like any desserts? Savoury desserts accepted also of course.
I can eat deserts for days (literally) I do love a Crumble, made a delicious rhubarb one yesterday actually 😍

Oh crap, now it's on my mind and I might have to have it for breakfast 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh god, same. Really cant deal with second hand cringe πŸ˜–

I can eat deserts for days (literally) I do love a Crumble, made a delicious rhubarb one yesterday actually 😍

Oh crap, now it's on my mind and I might have to have it for breakfast 😱
Yeah pretty jealous of this right now

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello hello! Just found my way over here from THAT THREAD

To answer the entry questions and prove my allegiance:
Scent - anything vanilla-ey or jasmine
Current perfume - the YSL one in the pink rectangular bottle (though it's running low and I haven't been able to do my usual duty free perfume spree this year 😭)
Biscuit - YES. Just all of them. Favourable mentions are choccie hobnobs and chic chip shortbread
Cake - YES
Dessert - YES
Weird crush - Jack Whitehall. Something about a posh boy innit

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Am I the only person here with a younger partner? I think I’m also the only one not into hobbits, elves and LOTR. Maybe I need to find new fraus?

Mine is 38 and I'm nearly 42 if that helps any ? πŸ˜‚

I was only into older men when I was a teenager, one was 15 years older, another 14 years, in my twenties and thirties they've always been just a year or two older and now for the first time ever my current beau is younger than me. Not quite Mrs Robinson I know but you are not alone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha

Soz
I don't hate cake, and I like baking it, but it wouldn't be the first thing I choose to waste calories on. I love a cheesecake (which isn't really cake), but prefer pastry based desserts. Custard tart, lemon tart, choux buns, fruity pies, that sort of thing.

• Heart
I don't hate cake, and I like baking it, but it wouldn't be the first thing I choose to waste calories on. I love a cheesecake (which isn't really cake), but prefer pastry based desserts. Custard tart, lemon tart, choux buns, fruity pies, that sort of thing.
Yes! I'm exactly the same with baking cakes but I get my enjoyment from other people eating them πŸ˜‚ Not massively fond of pastry but I do go hard on a cinnamon bun. Cheesecakes are god's work πŸ‘πŸΌ

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Only on page 12 but hope the weird crushes are still being discussed...mine are Charles Dance (that VOICE) and Kate Beckinsale even though I am straight

Tim Tams are my weakness

I like all sorts of perfumes but am currently wearing an armani one that reminds me of my younger days

We got a new fridge last month and it comes with an actual cheese drawer. I've peaked at life πŸ˜‚
LOVE an armani perfume, it's all I wear these days (FANCY!)...actually not so fancy as I seem to be allergic to most perfumes now :( and armani doesn't bring me out in a rash.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.