Food & Drink #9 Vlad likes traazers on a bird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone that doesn’t do a number 2 at work is a mug tbh, you’re getting paid to do a lovely natural thing, a bit of biological admin.

Is anyone watching this ch4 show with old x young people living together? The old people are absolute savages, the vegan van girl is awful though the old man is v tattle he’s got the measure of her 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Anyone that doesn’t do a number 2 at work is a mug tbh, you’re getting paid to do a lovely natural thing, a bit of biological admin.

Is anyone watching this ch4 show with old x young people living together? The old people are absolute savages, the vegan van girl is awful though the old man is v tattle he’s got the measure of her 😂
Lodgers for Codgers? Love the title and the trailers - will check it out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
My PE lessons were abandoned when I told the PE teacher to go duck herself. She made a bad line call and to be fair it was 5 years of hate that suddenly roared.

Obviously I got sent to The Head who sensibly decided I shouldn’t attend anymore lessons, I thought this was the perfect ‘punishment’, he actually didn’t even tell me off so I think I spoke for a lot of people that afternoon.

Best bit is that as soon as the rest of my year group found out they went to see him...basically all complained that they had to go to PE and they hadn’t done anything wrong! Why were they being punished like this they asked!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I prefer this version.....
bbc comedy is the best, i had never seen it before, hilarious!

My PE lessons were abandoned when I told the PE teacher to go duck herself. She made a bad line call and to be fair it was 5 years of hate that suddenly roared.

Obviously I got sent to The Head who sensibly decided I shouldn’t attend anymore lessons, I thought this was the perfect ‘punishment’, he actually didn’t even tell me off so I think I spoke for a lot of people that afternoon.

Best bit is that as soon as the rest of my year group found out they went to see him...basically all complained that they had to go to PE and they hadn’t done anything wrong! Why were they being punished like this they asked!
omg why didn't i try that?! this is something that nowadays would be posted in a reddit post and loads of people would try :LOL:

Reactions: 10
Big Train is my all time favourite sketch show. So many gems, mostly bonkers, some a bit, um edgy?
omg that is hilarious! the only thing I dislike is the canned laughter but I can get over that. "like a leper" killed me. When was this on TV?

Reactions: 7
omg that is hilarious! the only thing I dislike is the canned laughter but I can get over that. "like a leper" killed me. When was this on TV?
I agree about the canned laughter but its of its time I guess, It only had two series 1998 and 2002. It on you tube

Reactions: 9
I agree about the canned laughter but its of its time I guess, It only had two series 1998 and 2002. It on you tube
and there goes my weekend.... I wish they would bring back smack the pony, comedy nowadays is so much less "out there" generally

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just (non-athletically) jumping in to say that I also hated PE. A poor girl had to have stitches just above her eyebrow because I accidentally hit her with a hockey stick when she bent down behind me to tie her shoelace during a hockey lesson.

Also to add to the toilet stories, I know someone who went to the toilet at work to change her tampon. She said that it kind of popped out quickly and she lost track of it, but assumed it had gone down the toilet like some kind of miniature bobsleigh. It was only when she washing her hands that she noticed it was wrapped around her dangly necklace.

Oh, and in my daughter's primary school year 6 report, her teacher rather diplomatically said in PE, she was good at 'jumping off'.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Fraus, I’m on the hunt for any recommendations for great food writing. This is my favourite type of book. I love beautifully written recipe books - The Nigels (Slater & Lawson), Diana Henry etc, But my favourites are food memoirs (or essays) where the recipes are woven around memories or the Herculean task of starting a restaurant etc. Below are the ones I already have and thoroughly recommend, and would love to hear any suggestions.

Potatoes, Jack Monroe (LOL, just bleeping with you guys🥴)

Midnight Chicken (I ❤ this and it has great recipes - especially the harissa poussin on 5 a day hashl And an emotional sucker punch in the memoir part).

An Omelette and a Glass of Wine, Elizabeth David (crisp prose and no-nonsense advice).

My Kitchen Year and Garlic & Sapphires, Ruth Reichl - two excellent books. Garlic & Sapphires is one of my favourite books, an account of her time as a prestigious food critic and the disguises she wore to fool people and how snobbishly she was treated and the amazing food she found squirrelled away in New York.

Home Cooking: A Writer in the Kitchen, Laurie Colville (so funny and brilliant, I want more!)

The Consolation of Food, Valentine Warner

Anything at all by MK Fisher

Anything at all by Anthony Bourdain

My Life In France, Julia Child

Blood, Bones & Butter, Gabrielle Hamilton (a fascinating, rebel chef)

Momofuku, David Chang

Toast, Nigel Slater,

The Comfort Food Diaries, Emily Nunn

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Fraus, I’m on the hunt for any recommendations for great food writing. This is my favourite type of book. I love beautifully written recipe books - The Nigels (Slater & Lawson), Diana Henry etc, But my favourites are food memoirs (or essays) where the recipes are woven around memories or the Herculean task of starting a restaurant etc. Below are the ones I already have and thoroughly recommend, and would love to hear any suggestions.

Potatoes, Jack Monroe (LOL, just bleeping with you guys🥴)

Midnight Chicken (I ❤ this and it has great recipes - especially the harissa poussin on 5 a day hashl And an emotional sucker punch in the memoir part).

An Omelette and a Glass of Wine, Elizabeth David (crisp prose and no-nonsense advice).

My Kitchen Year and Garlic & Sapphires, Ruth Reichl - two excellent books. Garlic & Sapphires is one of my favourite books, an account of her time as a prestigious food critic and the disguises she wore to fool people and how snobbishly she was treated and the amazing food she found squirrelled away in New York.

Home Cooking: A Writer in the Kitchen, Laurie Colville (so funny and brilliant, I want more!)

The Consolation of Food, Valentine Warner

Anything at all by MK Fisher

Anything at all by Anthony Bourdain

My Life In France, Julia Child

Blood, Bones & Butter, Gabrielle Hamilton (a fascinating, rebel chef)

Momofuku, David Chang

Toast, Nigel Slater,

The Comfort Food Diaries, Emily Nunn
Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
We used to have practice bomb alarms, as well as practice fire alarms, at my school. Seemed totally normal at the time but looking back it's a bit intense 😂 Not sure why one alarm wouldn't have worked for any evacuation situation.
We did too (primary was in the UK, before my timeline starts going wonky like JM) I guess the age of a lot of us mean there was still mainland attacks though. It was pretty scary.

The funniest ones were always when a dog got into the playground and you'd all be made to stand totally still.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
yeah, loads of us wanted a football team (all girls school, we played at lunchtime) and we were told if we wanted a football team, we should've gone to a different school.

oh and another time, I took my skirt up myself. hacked off about 8 inches, ended up shorter than the pe skirt I didn't wear! one teacher described it as "obscene" looked ace though. tiny skirt, black tights, jumper stretched almost to my skirt hem. ah, the memories...

back on topic, its burgers for tea!
Haha the teachers at my high school would have keeled over in shock at that! We’d have a house assembly each term and they would make the girls go to the front and with a wooden metre stick measure our skirts - they took ‘knee length’ way too seriously. Obviously growth spurts weren’t tolerated.

This was the same school that would put boys into isolation if they had their hair cut too short as it was ‘distracting’?! I still don’t understand the logic.

Back on topic; dinner was sea bass with herby butter, roasted veg and potato gratin (I think). Followed by a warmed slice of almond pear cake and ice cream.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Fraus, I finish quarantining today! It’s been long and rather dull and I’ve often found myself wishing I lived on a country estate that cost 370x my salary, but it’s all over now. By the state of the news, it looks like I’ll just about have time to pop my head out the window before the next lockdown is upon us.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.