Food & Drink #9 Vlad likes traazers on a bird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Falkor for the thread title! You lucky, lucky dragon. Please can I go for a ride on your back and punch a fist to the sky while you roar with laughter?

Food, drink and whatever chat.

All welcome 🌸

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
For food I’ve had a calorific AF ready meal and for drink I’ve had sparkling water

(not been on-topic for a while)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
All the memories of PE at school are relatable. We had a yellow airtex PE shirt and bottle green PE knickers. My PE teacher once wrote on my report 'HelpIneedsomehelp {No idea why I don't just type my actual name} is rather sullen at times'. Will 'Miss' yes! yes I was cos I hated everything we did in PE, The hockey with the real sticks and balls not the plastic stuff they use these days, Netball - fight over a ball? I think not. Javelin? I think we both know that's a recipe for disaster. Interpretive dance? interpreting the word 'automation' to bored parents? nooooo thanks and, I cannot climb a rope, or balance on a beam and never have and never will.
Then after the humiliation of the lesson was over came the communal showers... thinking back it makes me mad as hell that young people were forced to do that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I am in a 'I will remain polite but I don't want to listen to your crap, and no I am neither impressed nor aghast that you feed M&S roast chicken to you your cat, Just serve me FFS' so when I went to the chippy for the parent and offspring 2 got chips I had to have the ones they couldn't manage, with lots of cider vinegar and salt. It ain't slimming world but needs must when idiots are determined to test my patience. M&S roast chicken and salad for tea, because it ain't cat fud....

• Haha
Reactions: 10
For food I’ve had a calorific AF ready meal and for drink I’ve had sparkling water

(not been on-topic for a while)
I love sparkling water and I feel like it gets such a bad press?! I find it so refreshing and it also has a really nice mouthfeel too.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Cackling at this thread title, and the untold cruelty of sports teachers. Also love you guys and @Alansbigplate soz I write so much tit it’s just nice to have girl chat 😭 🥰

I remember once accidentally doing well at running 1500m (my JM moment, did it whilst carrying a 15 stone bloke obvs) and they assigned us like bronze / silver / gold. I remember one of the evil witches cheering that I, a disengaged chubby teen, was potentially meeting one of her needless goals and cheering so I slowed down cos I didn’t want any further involvement in the thing 😂 They were so vile they were not possible of motivating us to do better, I’d have chopped my own legs off out of spite to avoid them!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That is like something from a tv programme , it would have resulted in a lawsuit nowadays i'm sure :LOL: :LOL:

I love sparkling water and I feel like it gets such a bad press?! I find it so refreshing and it also has a really nice mouthfeel too.
yeh if I'm in a pub etc and not drinking alcohol this is always my go to drink with lemon/lime, but you have to make sure you use a straw as it is apparently really damaging for teeth!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Omg this. My old flat had a sodastream and I miss it so bad 😭. Currently grunking my way through 2 litre bottles of Highland Spring and feeling 😬 about the environment, but it's the only way I'll drink water throughout the day. It's just so much more refreshing! My fave variety is an Armenian brand called 'Jermuk' which is actually banned in some countries cos it's got a load of arsenic in it! Tastes delish though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Very sweary, but Nat from Nat's What I Reckon, has made a lasagna and shown people how to make a bechamel. There was no blender involved!

PE wasn't really a thing at my school, thankfully. I remain convinced half the teachers were just randoms off the street who'd just walked in one day. There was an old guy who barely spoke English, who used to buy and sell weed to/from students, one covered in psoriasis who'd bring her snakes to school in a kettle, another showed us The Towering Inferno in Office Procedures because 'it was set in an office'. I learnt three things at that school, touch typing, how to make a bong out of anything, and basic cooking skills (I only use two of those things these days!)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That is like something from a tv programme , it would have resulted in a lawsuit nowadays i'm sure :LOL: :LOL:

yeh if I'm in a pub etc and not drinking alcohol this is always my go to drink with lemon/lime, but you have to make sure you use a straw as it is apparently really damaging for teeth!
Oh, big time. No way they’d get away with it these days 😂

Reactions: 7
Another one who had to do PE in gym knickers, our uniform was green and brown so yes, the knickers were :poop: coloured.

@Pocahontas loving the self defence story.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Very sweary, but Nat from Nat's What I Reckon, has made a lasagna and shown people how to make a bechamel. There was no blender involved!

PE wasn't really a thing at my school, thankfully. I remain convinced half the teachers were just randoms off the street who'd just walked in one day. There was an old guy who barely spoke English, who used to buy and sell weed to/from students, one covered in psoriasis who'd bring her snakes to school in a kettle, another showed us The Towering Inferno in Office Procedures because 'it was set in an office'. I learnt three things at that school, touch typing, how to make a bong out of anything, and basic cooking skills (I only use two of those things these days!)
where the hell did you go to school?!!!
It sounds amazing!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Darwin, in Australia. It was a very strange school, but my peers on FB seem to have turned out reasonably normal, so it can't have done us much harm.
totally different but some friends of mine in australia once had an alarm go off and they were told there was some kind of terrorist attack and they all hadto hide under desks. they were therefor about 4 hours, none of the students aware it wasn't real. it always reminded me of something from summer heights high 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
omg I progressed from positively hooting to actual tears, this was beautifully built up 😂 why would they do this?? How terrifying, I know crime is inevitable but do we need to be telling 15/16 year old girls it’s SO inevitable get practicing your facial recall ladies? Also serious moment but it does perpetuate that myth that assaults are by scary strange men in alleys when really it’s the men we know & often love init ☹☹☹

For lunch I did a lil wrap with cheese and salad bits. For dinner we’ve got fancy M&S pizzas, I’ve missed being able to pop in after work for them as an easy treat dinner so feeling like a luxe lockdown frau 💅🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.