Food & Drink #9 Vlad likes traazers on a bird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We used to have practice bomb alarms, as well as practice fire alarms, at my school. Seemed totally normal at the time but looking back it's a bit intense 😂 Not sure why one alarm wouldn't have worked for any evacuation situation.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Love the title!

Shuddering at the thought of PE. Hated it. I rode horses as much as physically possible after school/at weekends so I was always really annoyed at being forced to do other sports that I hated when I was already pretty active!
I’ve never been a good runner so cross country was always the worst. A few of us used to hide behind the cricket pavilion and then pop out again for the last lap! We had green PE knickers as part of our uniform but weren’t forced to wear them fortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I liked solo sports mostly. Riding, cycling, trampolining and swimming.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh my @Pocahontas I’m crying with laughter 😂. Having had some pretty over dramatic girls in my year at school I can really picture it!

We had to wear gym knickers too (bright red with white stripes down the side) - in a mixed school where we sometimes did mixed PE lessons. Our gym skirts were allowed mostly but if doing athletics or gymnastics (which of course we did with the boys) we were told they weren’t allowed. Same school where, as females we weren’t allowed to play cricket/rugby/football as these were ‘male’ sports :rolleyes:.

As part of our normal school uniform we weren’t allowed to wear trazzers either - yet female staff were (and they admitted it would be sexist to tell adult females that they couldn’t wear trazzers). It was a state school trying to keep up with the local private school.

While I was good at Netball and Hockey I hated PE. Mainly as it was a great divider between pupils but also the teachers were just straight up witches. Also, I realise this sounds mean but most of the female PE teachers were hardly the image of health either (fully appreciate healthy/fit physique takes different forms) which just added to the dislike as they were so militant. Oh and cross ducking country - hated it. They never taught you how to ‘run’ so it was torturous if you weren’t good at it.

ETA: I was a busty teenage Frau so add that into the mix too and my dislike for PE increased - high impact sports bras didn’t exist in the late/90s early 2000’s so just strapped them down as best I could. So lots of ogling from the boys who weren’t subtle with their staring!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh my @Pocahontas I’m crying with laughter 😂. Having had some pretty over dramatic girls in my year at school I can really picture it!

We had to wear gym knickers too (bright red with white stripes down the side) - in a mixed school where we sometimes did mixed PE lessons. Our gym skirts were allowed mostly but if doing athletics or gymnastics (which of course we did with the boys) we were told they weren’t allowed. Same school where, as females we weren’t allowed to play cricket/rugby/football as these were ‘male’ sports :rolleyes:.
Sorry so off topic but have encountered something similar in adulthood. I’m so a girls girl so this isn’t me being like, I’m not like other girls TM because I truly hate men, but we’re meant to attend a wedding in Turkey next year - there’s absolutely no way this will be going ahead imo we’re doomed with covid, but anyway they’re doing activities around the wedding based on gender and the men are doing AMAZING tit like those buggies on sand, off roading stuff, boats, and the girls are.... going into town to get hair and nails done? Wtaf?! You’re spending £600+ on flights to do that!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Sorry so off topic but have encountered something similar in adulthood. I’m so a girls girl so this isn’t me being like, I’m not like other girls TM because I truly hate men, but we’re meant to attend a wedding in Turkey next year - there’s absolutely no way this will be going ahead imo we’re doomed with covid, but anyway they’re doing activities around the wedding based on gender and the men are doing AMAZING tit like those buggies on sand, off roading stuff, boats, and the girls are.... going into town to get hair and nails done? Wtaf?! You’re spending £600+ on flights to do that!
That's properly tit! You definitely want to be out exploring the area and getting in on the better activities. Hopefully someone close to the bride politely suggests a few slightly less tit items are added to the agenda

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Our team at work used to have a kitty for team outings. Normally it was only enough for a whip in the pub but for various reasons we didn't draw on it for a year andit built up.
It was decided we'd spend it on a 'red letter day' thing.
There were loads of awesome choices and myself and another girl voted for a Brands Hatch day, driving F2 cars round.
The boring buggers had the majority and we ended up in a Spa for the day. I love a Spa, but really wanted the opportunity to do something 'fun'....

• Heart
Ugh PE repressed memories coming back. I had maroon PE knickers or a navy blue netball skirt. I wasn’t a girly girl so I hated the whole thing. We were forced to do Dance, gymnastics, hockey, netball and athletics. Boys got to do football, rugby and cross country in joggers or shorts which I would’ve preferred. Awful teachers barking orders at you and ridiculing you if you were slower (overweight me was). Throw in the communal showers at the end in a cold mouldy grout shower room and you’re scarred for life!

it was only as an adult I worked out exercise wasn’t too bad when I completed c25k and got into swimming again.

on topic - lunch was a banana, peanut butter and coconut milk smoothie of sorts I threw together as I had zero time in between meetings today. But dinner is going to be pizza off the make your own Asda counter with extra cheese. Pure filth.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Omg the whole doing PE in your vest & knickers was well weird they’d never get away with that now. It must be a Cabel thing to ditch PE for a ciggie. Did anyone have PSHCE as a lesson? The only thing I can remember is a police man coming in to talk to us about something, clocking me (fifteen year old me wasn’t exactly a stranger to the local constabulary) and full on grassing me to the teacher.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Omg, you fraus having to do PE in skirts, you poor things. That sounds ridiculously impractical. And if the options were knickers or skirts, doesn't that just create chafing issues when you're running?!

I was bullied for a fair while at primary school, and my classmates used to always shout "Marmite's a lesbian, she's watching you in the showers" to any girls in the showers after gym class. I was about 9 and not even fully aware of what lesbian meant so was just like 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Omg the whole doing PE in your vest & knickers was well weird they’d never get away with that now. It must be a Cabel thing to ditch PE for a ciggie. Did anyone have PSHCE as a lesson? The only thing I can remember is a police man coming in to talk to us about something, clocking me (fifteen year old me wasn’t exactly a stranger to the local constabulary) and full on grassing me to the teacher.
we did it in college and once had to watch a video on std's in which a middle aged women described how her sex life had actually improved since she got (i think ) herpes... I don't quite know what the aim of it was...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
we did it in college and once had to watch a video on std's in which a middle aged women described how her sex life had actually improved since she got (i think ) herpes... I don't quite know what the aim of it was...
Maybe to avoid stigmatising STDs? That sounds a hilariously ill thought-out approach though...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yes we had a PC come in once and tell us you could pick magic mushrooms and not get arrested... it was only when you dried them out or whatever 🤣 I don't even know if that's true or not but cheers for the tip mate 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Omg, you fraus having to do PE in skirts, you poor things. That sounds ridiculously impractical. And if the options were knickers or skirts, doesn't that just create chafing issues when you're running?!

I was bullied for a fair while at primary school, and my classmates used to always shout "Marmite's a lesbian, she's watching you in the showers" to any girls in the showers after gym class. I was about 9 and not even fully aware of what lesbian meant so was just like 🤷‍♀️
This has surfaced an absurd memory from my childhood - it was year 7 and there was a rumour two girls were lesbians as someone had walked in on one of them.... licking the other’s armpit? I was so scared of going into that changing room after that (very naive child)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
we got shown a femidom with the teacher mocking insertion, surely no one ever wore them?

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Urgh kids can be so effing cruel can’t they?!

Our option was knickers and skirt - you had to wear them together. Skirts were barked off for gymnastics and athletics.

We never used the showers - none had any curtains and the teachers honestly couldn’t understand why we didn’t want to use them. You’re self conscious enough as a teenager without flashing the rest of your year group.

So the changing rooms were always a choking smell of deodorant and Impulse/So...?/Charlie body spray. Think there was a year when Impulse ‘Vanilla Kiss’ was all the rage - still makes me sick thinking of the smell and induces a headache :sick:. Swimming was a luxury when it rolled round by comparison as there were not only individual shower cubicles but also hairdryers. Though the downside was the once a month when it was obvious why the girls sat by the pool weren’t in the pool and the boys used to walk past the swimming pool pointing and sniggering - randomly their changing rooms for PE were in the local leisure centre/pool which was next door to the school.

Sorry I’ve clearly repressed more PE memories than I first realised!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Finally up to date with this thread, idk why but I hadn't poked my head through since the start of the week and I missed a new thread being created and everything! Thank you for the Anne of Green Gables reminder @Pocahontas, I really, really want to rewatch that whole series now for old time's sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Urgh kids can be so effing cruel can’t they?!

Our option was knickers and skirt - you had to wear them together. Skirts were barked off for gymnastics and athletics.

We never used the showers - none had any curtains and the teachers honestly couldn’t understand why we didn’t want to use them. You’re self conscious enough as a teenager without flashing the rest of your year group.

So the changing rooms were always a choking smell of deodorant and Impulse/So...?/Charlie body spray. Think there was a year when Impulse ‘Vanilla Kiss’ was all the rage - still makes me sick thinking of the smell and induces a headache :sick:. Swimming was a luxury when it rolled round by comparison as there were not only individual shower cubicles but also hairdryers. Though the downside was the once a month when it was obvious why the girls sat by the pool weren’t in the pool and the boys used to walk past the swimming pool pointing and sniggering - randomly their changing rooms for PE were in the local leisure centre/pool which was next door to the school.

Sorry I’ve clearly repressed more PE memories than I first realised!
we must be a similar age as those scents graced the changing rooms in my school too 😂

• Haha
we got shown a femidom with the teacher mocking insertion, surely no one ever wore them?
I’m sure we got shown them too sort of like a glove with no finger holes. I also remember we got taught how to put a condom on & the teacher blindfolded us so we’d know how to put in on in the dark.
I must admit it’s only typing that out I’ve realised how strange that is 😳😳.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.