Food & Drink #9 Vlad likes traazers on a bird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fancy Des (eww!) oh is the Paris thing when she’s saying she’s been playing a part? Is it that social thing on Netflix or is that different? I need to cut myself off Below Deck for a bit I’m missing out 😂
@Alansbigplate Below Deck is life, anyone who says otherwise is not a friend. We watched Des, and although not a huge David Tennant fan, we enjoyed it. Quite fascinating and stuff I didn’t know

• Haha
Reactions: 12
what is everyone having for dinner? I am currently having wine to try and drown out the neighbours endlessly scream at their children and need some inspiration!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No tea for me tonight, I'm calling in early.
I've caught that notcovid bug that my mini Moo had (you know the one i spent 24hrs of my life trying to get a test🙄).
Is nothing more than a cold but it really is a horrible cold, feel rough as hell and no appetite.
Dosing myself up with paracetamol and made chest rub out of the same oils I made MiniMoo's bath with the other day.
Night everyone xxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
what is everyone having for dinner? I am currently having wine to try and drown out the neighbours endlessly scream at their children and need some inspiration!
Meatballs and pasta with a veggie chilli sauce topped with cheese - basic but good.

@MooBelle hope you feel better soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi all! I've just had a disappointing stir fry. Put too much stuff in my wok and it all went a bit claggy. My family cheerfully hoofed it, but I didn't have much. Contemplating toast or just straight to wine? Co-OP does a wonderful Italian red called 'biferno'. Can recommend.

Also, sparkling water chat, does anyone have a soda stream? I've wanted one for ages. Never got one because they are expensive. Would love to hear thoughts from my dear hearts.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ive no motivation to cook again this evening. Another 2 weeks of tit sleeps has brought anxiety back with a bang. Arms are tingling and keep noticing my jaws clenched. Blergh. I was supposed go be making potato gratin but thats major effort!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Ive no motivation to cook again this evening. Another 2 weeks of tit sleeps has brought anxiety back with a bang. Arms are tingling and keep noticing my jaws clenched. Blergh. I was supposed go be making potato gratin but thats major effort!!
I hear you. Also feeling anxious today.

• Heart
  • Sad
I've caught that notcovid bug that my mini Moo had (you know the one i spent 24hrs of my life trying to get a test🙄).
Is nothing more than a cold but it really is a horrible cold, feel rough as hell and no appetite.
Dosing myself up with paracetamol and made chest rub out of the same oils I made MiniMoo's bath with the other day.
Night everyone xxx
Feel better soon!

Well the social dilemma wasn’t life changing I’d be shocked if it was news to people how social media works. Suppose some folk are still going on blind though

I had a takeaway which I really enjoyed but I need to get a bloody grip. Maybe Monday 🤣

Hi all! I've just had a disappointing stir fry. Put too much stuff in my wok and it all went a bit claggy. My family cheerfully hoofed it, but I didn't have much. Contemplating toast or just straight to wine? Co-OP does a wonderful Italian red called 'biferno'. Can recommend.

Also, sparkling water chat, does anyone have a soda stream? I've wanted one for ages. Never got one because they are expensive. Would love to hear thoughts from my dear hearts.
Can you just do water in it? Does it need a thing that costs money to make the water fizz? I never had one as a kid so deprived 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Chicken Kiev’s for us tonight with spaghetti hoops and mash (my sons choice).

I hear you on the anxiety front. The constant covid lockdown news is getting me down again.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Night everyone xxx
hope you feel better soon, drink lots of fluids!

• Heart
ah, man, I want a cat so bad! but we're in a 2nd floor (not crappy but rented) flat, so we can't :(. just had some ribs, but we weren't sure if we needed chips too cos our appetites have been weird. it turns out that we do need chips.

watching the strictly movies thing, I thought it was gonna be a kind of rundown of the best movie week dances but this is like a channel 5 highlights and talking heads thing

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

yeh I'd be interested in this too, I love fizzy water but rarely buy it as it adds up (plus all the plastic etc)
I would say go to wine and have toast later!!

Reactions: 10
Urgh I get tingles and clenchy jaw too, it causes so many different physical symptoms doesn't it? 😕

For dinner I have some squash dhal and naan bread that I made yesterday but won't have that till Mr Nottonight gets in. For lunch today I made us mackerel fillets with chilli spaghetti and chimichurri 😋. Was a bit fancy for a lunch but the only local shop here is trialling selling fresh fish and I really want them to continue so I bought some!

• Heart
Chips. Yorkshire.

why yes, I am that bored that I sought out a cartoon filter for my 2nd course of dinner.
and, no, it's not horse spunk, its mayonnaise! 🥴
cartoon1600543900630.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I've not tried these but do make my own concoctions 😋

@Bookweevil what else did you eat at Le Gavroche?
At the risk of giving off major Henry VIII vibes, we had a tasting menu and tried ALL the things!

Cheese Souffle Cooked on Double Cream - like eating a cloud
‘The Balvenie’ Marinated & Glazed Salmon, Cashew Nut, Beetroot & Ginger - delicious and came with tiny leaves with a dressing that was so good I’d be happy to eat salad for the rest of my life (it was probably a billion calories😂)
Seared Scallop, Smoked Eel Sauce, Trout Roe - Michel’s big one, as discussed
Roasted John Dory Glazed with Shellfish Sauce, Cep Cannelloni & Cauliflower - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmushrooms
Fregola, Crispy Chicken Neck & Skin, Pumpkin & Truffle - nearly broke my teeth on this
Roast Venison, ChickPea Fritter, Black Garlic, Parsley & Red Wine Jus
- I was looking forward the most to the chickpea fritter out of everything because when something that sounds quite simple and unponcey is served at a place like this it will be spiced and seasoned to chef’s kiss levels - it didn’t disappoint.
Selection of French & British Farmhouse Cheeses - a cheese trolley rocked up with about 30 cheeses on it, most of which I couldn’t pronounce and had to roll out my best Del Boy mange tout mange tout French accent.
Chestnuts, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate Cream & Milk Ice Cream - a bridge too far. This is where things went horribly wrong and I got the sugar sweats. A dash to the toilet revealed the lack of loo roll and also that I had apparently tipped the accompanying jug of warm chocolate sauce right down the neckline of my dress. Had to do some strategic bag holding and dress ruffling on the way out to try and disguise.

B57DF6A1-A317-4636-8F5B-E715C177337B.jpeg

The fit fritter!

Know you've already mentioned Nigel Slater but have you read his Christmas Chronicles? I can't wait for the weather to change and start my annual reading of it ❤
Ooh yes, I have! I love your annual reading of it - thank you for the reminder, I shall do the same😍

• Heart
Reactions: 22
We had a chippy tea, literally the only reason we have a kitchen is because it came with the house 😂.
Feel better soon @MooBelle xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.