Food & Drink #9 Vlad likes traazers on a bird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chicken Kiev’s for us tonight with spaghetti hoops and mash (my sons choice).

I hear you on the anxiety front. The constant covid lockdown news is getting me down again.
solidarity and love to my anxious fraus - same (babes) - didn’t even put two and two together but I think this must be it as all my anxiety is safety / mortality related, like obsessive thoughts and fears it’s been weird. Probably not a good idea to then watch Des is it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Evening all,

I made @blurstoftimes Blurst Beans tonight and we had them with rice and roasted sweet potatoes. This was big time branching out for me as I’ve never cooked with Lebanese flavours before. Have to say, it was pretty, pretty, pretty good. Thanks, Blurst! I even waved to the pot, just like you.

Re soda streams, I reaallllly want one too - I love bubbles on my tongue. This reminds me of one of my favourite videos on YouTube. I love this woman.

@emm I have an orange cat! Well, orange and white.
omg jealous, I really want an orange cat as my next one (yes I am shallow lol) fotos??

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I feel a bit pathetic at my age to be upset but some of my friends have posted photos and they’re having a nice old bbq together before lockdown comes back. I rarely get invites because they’re couples and I’m not usually bothered. Think it’s because of lockdown, they’d know I won’t see anyone again for a while 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
We had a takeaway from one of the local hotels - last night of my Mum's visit :)

Bookweevil, deeply envious of Le Gavroche! I've had an Albert Roux cheese souffle and completely agree with the cloud description. Mr F doesn't have a sweet tooth and last time we were at that restaurant they offered to make him one for dessert - one very happy husband!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel a bit pathetic at my age to be upset but some of my friends have posted photos and they’re having a nice old bbq together before lockdown comes back. I rarely get invites because they’re couples and I’m not usually bothered. Think it’s because of lockdown, they’d know I won’t see anyone again for a while 😔
I think that is totally natural, regardless of age tbh, (I don't have a group of friends as such so cannot really relate) but I would be glad not to be putting myself at risk! you should see it like that :)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Smug marrieds.
It’s not pathetic to feel this way.
❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Smug marrieds.
It’s not pathetic to feel this way.
❤
I don’t think they even realise they’re doing it, just think they’ll have another couple over. Thank you ❤

I think that is totally natural, regardless of age tbh, (I don't have a group of friends as such so cannot really relate) but I would be glad not to be putting myself at risk! you should see it like that :)
Yes, true they’ve been all over the show abroad and everything so I’m safer indoors! X

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@kachoochoo we’re in a rented 2nd floor flat so no cat for us either 🙁
I am loving the cat photos here though!

@Alansbigplate not pathetic at all to feel like that. Even though you know they haven’t done it to be purposely mean it’s still gunna hurt a little.

• Heart
I don’t think they even realise they’re doing it, just think they’ll have another couple over. Thank you ❤

Yes, true they’ve been all over the show abroad and everything so I’m safer indoors! X
I think this is the issue with SOOOOOOOOOOO many misunderstandings, people don't see things the way you do etc... like if you wwanted to join and said to them... they would probably say to you that they didn't invite you as it was couples and they didn't want you to feel "different". Most people are nice and act accordingly, and view things through their opinion, it is rarely (IMO) malicious

It’s not pathetic at all. And how dare they - I can tell that you’re the Best One out of the whole group and it‘s ludicrous to leave you out. More fool them - lucky us that it means you’re free to post here instead.

I suspect they’ve made a passing assumption, without giving it much thought, that you might not be free because of childcare, perhaps you’ve turned them down before and they’ve just invited the same group as last time etc....I’m sure they’d feel terrible if they realised how it made you feel. Even though I’m in a couple, I can’t think of anything worse than a BBQ of couples. Much prefer talking to single people, they're invariably more interesting. I do know exactly how you feel, though. I have a group of friends from school who I’ve known since I was 4. Although they always seem really pleased to see me when we do get together, every now and then I’m left out of stuff and it hurts, I have to admit. I logged into Facebook last weekend to see a photo of them in a massive manor house in Cornwall having a great time. I have no idea why they just don’t invite me sometimes and try not to let it drive me 🥴

If the cabal was having a BBQ, you’d have the star spot in a hammock with a magnum of Lambrini and the biggest hotdog.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think this is the issue with SOOOOOOOOOOO many misunderstandings, people don't see things the way you do etc... like if you wwanted to join and said to them... they would probably say to you that they didn't invite you as it was couples and they didn't want you to feel "different". Most people are nice and act accordingly, and view things through their opinion, it is rarely (IMO) malicious
Yeah it’s true, it’s just repeated behaviour like it’s my best mate but she has different couples over quite often but never me alone. I’d feel a twit saying that to her tho 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
It’s not pathetic at all. And how dare they - I can tell that you’re the Best One out of the whole group and it‘s ludicrous to leave you out. More fool them - lucky us that it means you’re free to post here instead.

I suspect they’ve made a passing assumption, without giving it much thought, that you might not be free because of childcare, perhaps you’ve turned them down before and they’ve just invited the same group as last time etc....I’m sure they’d feel terrible if they realised how it made you feel. Even though I’m in a couple, I can’t think of anything worse than a BBQ of couples. Much prefer talking to single people, they're invariably more interesting. I do know exactly how you feel, though. I have a group of friends from school who I’ve known since I was 4. Although they always seem really pleased to see me when we do get together, every now and then I’m left out of stuff and it hurts, I have to admit. I logged into Facebook last weekend to see a photo of them in a massive manor house in Cornwall having a great time. I have no idea why they just don’t invite me sometimes and try not to let it drive me 🥴

If the cabal was having a BBQ, you’d have the star spot in a hammock with a magnum of Lambrini and the biggest hotdog.
hotdog?! surely a horsespunk lasagna or something badly cooked in a microwave?!

• Haha

😭😂 you touch my heart and make me laugh all at once. Yeah I dunno I think they just don’t know what it’s like, and I’ve been on my own so long now I’m used to it yet still can see that if I had a partner I’d get invited sometimes. Think I’m over thinking it because of the stress of things lately, I’m glad I could speak to you guys about it as I feel suddenly v down this evening. Like others were saying the changing covid rules are just so anxiety inducing. Consider me on the virtual hammock

ETA I bet their Manor House was all coviddy anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yeah it’s true, it’s just repeated behaviour like it’s my best mate but she has different couples over quite often but never me alone. I’d feel a twit saying that to her tho 😂
I think it must be hard, but you need to somehow trasmit you don't mind being a "non- couple" friend? I think a lot of couples do feel uncomfortable being single (not everyone, don't want to be offensive) but don't actually realise single people are (usually) fine with it

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think it must be hard, but you need to somehow trasmit you don't mind being a "non- couple" friend? I think a lot of couples do feel uncomfortable being single (not everyone, don't want to be offensive) but don't actually realise single people are (usually) fine with it
Yeah maybe, I do get invited when it’s a girls thing or a big group thing so I suppose they’re entitled to have other times where it’s just couples. Think it’s cos I thought yesterday when they announced we were going to lockdown again oh I should maybe see if they want to come for coffee at the weekend and then saw they’re doing this. It really is pathetic ha and I’m a proper lone wolf and they know that I like to be alone, so it’s daftness really x

🔼 but it’s probably more to do with my ex’s imminent re-marriage and feeling lonely relationship wise than them anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 28
dude, it's not pathetic at all. I won't say I know how you feel, cos circumstances are different. but I do know what it's like to feel left out. your own feelings are always valid and sometimes you just have to wait them out. massive hug if you want it. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
hotdog?! surely a horsespunk lasagna or something badly cooked in a microwave?!
This has fired a determination in me to host an F&D cabal BBQ when the pandemic is over! Can’t decide whether it should be genuinely nice with hammocks (will need to get a much bigger house and garden, bear with), and a gorgeous array of gently charred veggie and meat options, rounded off with a fuckton of gorgeous booze and mocktails. Or whether I should go for the rather charming @emm‘s suggestion of a JM theme.

Hotdogs from a jar, shaken with kombucha. Served with onions cooked over cold coals.
Chippy chips, frozen - unloved and misunderstood, plonked on your plate.
Leftover horse spunk lasagne cooked into a pie (as suggested on DKL) and - here comes the maverick - carved into slices, chargrilled on the cold coals and drizzled with hot sauce.
Kombucha and old teabag punch - it sounds ridiculous but that tannin kick makes it taste just like sangria!

Vote for your choice on my Twitter poll. In keeping with the JM theme, I’ll totally ignore the results and do whatever maverick tit I fancy on the day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.