Food & Drink #9 Vlad likes traazers on a bird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Close, there was a food processor involved.

She's a strange one about food at the best of times, but she can never just make something normal, it has to involve something unusual.
She is mrs Cropley, and I claim my 5 pounds (dollars) 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve gotta join in with the love in and say how much I love this thread! I only got involved by chance when they merged threads with the Downing Street men one (my secret fetish thread 😂) and the rest is history. I love coming here and chatting with like minded fraus about all things.

Hugs to @Alansbigplate I’ve been left out too amongst married friends since divorce and me and my current bf have totally separate friend groups so don’t come as a pair to things which some people don’t get at all 😂

Going to avoid all news today to try and keep my head out of covid stuff. Happy Sunday all ❤
Avoiding all news is a good idea. I'm very interested in politics but sometimes I take a few days or weeks off. I can't change what's happening anyway and it can really get to me.

What's everyone up to this Sunday? My family minus older son is having Sunday lunch at another family's house. They only have one boy who is friends with my younger son. We don't know them that well but they are lovely and the kids will have fun.
This morning I'm going on a longish walk. Mapped out 8km. Need to clear my head and get moving.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Local government priorities!
View attachment 247979
This reminds me of the news Priti Patel is pioneering some sort of drugs testing schemes for offices - as if that is a priority in any shape or form?! People are dying hun!

@Pocahontas I felt awful after writing that so glad someone else agrees 😂 I’ve never understood truly blended friendship groups, they always seem like they have the potential to get messy but that may be because my only examples are from ITV & Netflix dramas where someone always gets murdered? ETA and they’re always shagging each other it turns out when they solve the murder

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
This reminds me of the news Priti Patel is pioneering some sort of drugs testing schemes for offices - as if that is a priority in any shape or form?! People are dying hun!

@Pocahontas I felt awful after writing that so glad someone else agrees 😂 I’ve never understood truly blended friendship groups, they always seem like they have the potential to get messy but that may be because my only examples are from ITV & Netflix dramas where someone always gets murdered? ETA and they’re always shagging each other it turns out when they solve the murder
Hahaaa! I love the way your mind spins things 😂 don’t bring your husbands to the frau barbie! It’ll be a bloodbath! Love it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Morning all, hugs to all that need/want one. @Alansbigplate I've been there, both being left out and going through the day the ex remarried. It was odd, I felt like I shouldn't have been bothered, he wasn't my problem now etc. But, I was, I'm not sure what the emotions I felt were, I wasn't sure whether to feel like current wife was as culpable as he for the end of my marriage or not. Because she is the current wife and he picked her, at work, wooed her and shape shifted to fit her lifestyle. I know that isn't sustainable, he'll bore of it. He preys on the vulnerable. With her he's now completed the 'circle of wife' and will look to start over. I might be wrong, who knows. It's not her fault my marriage to him ended, it lasted 10 years too long after his first cheating and my total belief I couldn't cope without him. My girls don't see her as stepmother, I'm sure she's glad for it as she didn't want children, though mine are grown up. He isn't bothered about seeing them and it's entirely reciprocal. I can only say it's best to go with your emotions, I held back too many for too long ❤
On topic fraus. Cottage pie, cheese on the top? Yay or Nay?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I’ve gotta join in with the love in and say how much I love this thread! I only got involved by chance when they merged threads with the Downing Street men one (my secret fetish thread 😂) and the rest is history. I love coming here and chatting with like minded fraus about all things.

Hugs to @Alansbigplate I’ve been left out too amongst married friends since divorce and me and my current bf have totally separate friend groups so don’t come as a pair to things which some people don’t get at all 😂

Going to avoid all news today to try and keep my head out of covid stuff. Happy Sunday all ❤
Ah man the night we ended up in Downing Street was a head spinner! o_O

I followed the covid stuff closely for a long time, way before it became a thing here. Now I rarely check up on what's going on tbh, I just take measures to keep me and my bunch as safe as I can and ignore all the waffle about it, I'd go mad with anxiety otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel a bit pathetic at my age to be upset but some of my friends have posted photos and they’re having a nice old bbq together before lockdown comes back. I rarely get invites because they’re couples and I’m not usually bothered. Think it’s because of lockdown, they’d know I won’t see anyone again for a while 😔
Hugs to you, Alan. It's hard when we are all looking through the window so to speak, at what others are doing. I keep seeing friends going for picnics and coffee, having coffee in mismatched teacups in pretty but hastily converted outdoor shed booths at local garden centre type cafes. I did go to the pub the other week to meet some fellow singers (choir) but other than walks with my partner and parents I haven't been invited to things. It's hard not to feel that pang when you see a post like that on Facebook.
I have a soda stream.
I love it, you put can fizzy water in it on its own and then add flavourings if you want to but I like just fizzy water. I have a couple of bottles that I store in the fridge so always have cold fizzy water in hand. I love it with just normal squash added, but I am a huge squash connoisseur! You can also fizz wine if you want to!

My parents have one, for sparkly water or make tonic water. My brother has one but he has fancy glass bottles to store his water!

You do have to replace the gas canister but it does last ages, can‘t remember the last time I bought one. It does massively reduce plastic waste. I know a bottle of sparkling water can be 30p in budget supermarkets but that doesn’t seem right to me!
Omg I am sold! Does the cola one taste nice? I'm a bit of a cola fiend...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Evening all,

I made @blurstoftimes Blurst Beans tonight and we had them with rice and roasted sweet potatoes. This was big time branching out for me as I’ve never cooked with Lebanese flavours before. Have to say, it was pretty, pretty, pretty good. Thanks, Blurst! I even waved to the pot, just like you.

Re soda streams, I reaallllly want one too - I love bubbles on my tongue. This reminds me of one of my favourite videos on YouTube. I love this woman.

@emm I have an orange cat! Well, orange and white.
oh this makes me very happy and it looks amazing! Blurst beans does have a ring to it. Also loving the pretty, pretty excellent curb reference.

we had friends round for tapas last night, which included:
Tomato and anchovy salad
Manchego with honey and almonds
Brasied chickpeas and Spinach
Prawns in garlic oil
Patatas bravas
Grilled spring onions with romesco
Tons of bread for mopping everything up
Burnt basque cheesecake for dessert

and five bottles of wine between four people...hence why I am still in bed with a coffee and about to embark on a colossal grunka

@Alansbigplate its definitely not pathetic at all to feel the way you do but I would LOVE to have you round for dinner. you are absolutely hilarious! Hope youre feeling a bit better today. ❤

also wanted to share a picture of my beloved cat, Phoebe. She’s 7 but is aging very gracefully

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Aw reading all the lovely-ness on my work break is very nice.
I’m up for a big Frau JM themed bbq. My husband makes delicious cakes so I’ll bring some, no grated corned beef in sight!

@help i need some help! if the question is “does this need cheese” the answer is always yes! 🧀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Omg I am sold! Does the cola one taste nice? I'm a bit of a cola fiend...
I don't use the syrups so not sure about cola taste. I imagine it's probably like rolla cola if anything. I'm quiet a Diet Coke snob, will only drink it from cans..but love fizzy squash!

Also please can others admit that they only like fizzy drinks from cans. I get so frustrated when you fancy a drink and the shop only has plastic bottles... It's simply not the same!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't use the syrups so not sure about cola taste. I imagine it's probably like rolla cola if anything. I'm quiet a Diet Coke snob, will only drink it from cans..but love fizzy squash!

Also please can others admit that they only like fizzy drinks from cans. I get so frustrated when you fancy a drink and the shop only has plastic bottles... It's simply not the same!!!!!!
fizzy drinks from a plastic bottle are actually disgusting! There must be some science behind it. This has just reminded me that I bought myself a can of coke yesterday and it’s sitting in the fridge and now it’s all I can think about

• Heart
oh this makes me very happy and it looks amazing! Blurst beans does have a ring to it. Also loving the pretty, pretty excellent curb reference.

we had friends round for tapas last night, which included:
Tomato and anchovy salad
Manchego with honey and almonds
Brasied chickpeas and Spinach
Prawns in garlic oil
Patatas bravas
Grilled spring onions with romesco
Tons of bread for mopping everything up
Burnt basque cheesecake for dessert

and five bottles of wine between four people...hence why I am still in bed with a coffee and about to embark on a colossal grunka

@Alansbigplate its definitely not pathetic at all to feel the way you do but I would LOVE to have you round for dinner. you are absolutely hilarious! Hope youre feeling a bit better today. ❤

also wanted to share a picture of my beloved cat, Phoebe. She’s 7 but is aging very gracefully
i have a black cat too 😍 beautiful. if yours very vicious? mine is very purry but after a while just tends to snap and bitesand scratches. i let her, of course as she is spoiled

the best is diet coke jn glass bottles! they sell it in my local coop

• Heart
Reactions: 15
i have a black cat too 😍 beautiful. if yours very vicious? mine is very purry but after a while just tends to snap and bitesand scratches. i let her, of course as she is spoiled

the best is diet coke jn glass bottles! they sell it in my local coop
black cats are the best! Mine is actually the most gentle cat you will ever meet, I have honestly never seen her hiss in her entire life. God I love her so much I could cry 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Always prefer from cans though I have recently discovered Fentimens cola (glass bottles, can be found in Sainsbury's) and it is lovely, has pear 🍐 flavouring in it so I think it is supposed to be more classic?!

It's not the same in plastic bottles.

Best of all for me though is draught Pepsi in a pub... i guess it's the syrup to water ratio. It's the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
black cats are the best! Mine is actually the most gentle cat you will ever meet, I have honestly never seen her hiss in her entire life. God I love her so much I could cry 😭
just mine then 😂it upsets me so much that so many black cats have a hard time being adopted. people are idiots. one of my biggest regretd is that i didnt get one pf her siblings too

Always prefer from cans though I have recently discovered Fentimens cola (glass bottles, can be found in Sainsbury's) and it is lovely, has pear 🍐 flavouring in it so I think it is supposed to be more classic?!

It's not the same in plastic bottles.

Best of all for me though is draught Pepsi in a pub... i guess it's the syrup to water ratio. It's the best.
fever tree do nice soft drinks in glass bottles too, I don't know if they have cola but they have a really nice sicilian lemonade, and they have less sugar than most soft drinks

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.