Food & Drink #9 Vlad likes traazers on a bird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just mine then 😂it upsets me so much that so many black cats have a hard time being adopted. people are idiots. one of my biggest regretd is that i didnt get one pf her siblings too

fever tree do nice soft drinks in glass bottles too, I don't know if they have cola but they have a really nice sicilian lemonade, and they have less sugar than most soft drinks
I should have specified my cat is gentle towards humans! A rampaging murderous psychopath to mice and birds.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Talking of fizzy drinks. A cold Fanta Limon is the one when on holiday abroad by a pool.
And the tizer from my youth before they ruined everything with sweeteners.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I should have specified my cat is gentle towards humans! A rampaging murderous psychopath to mice and birds.
luckily my cat isn't a good hunter, except for flies, which i do not understand at all. she usually brings me in rubbish as presents and miaows until i come and look :LOL:

Talking of fizzy drinks. A cold Fanta Limon is the one when on holiday abroad by a pool.
And the tizer from my youth before they ruined everything with sweeteners.
the most refreshing drink EVER is fanta lemon mixed with beer, ideally on a beach

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Screenshot_20200920-135322_Samsung Internet.jpg
currently working my way through one of these babies - cheap cherryade is like catnip for me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
My cat was a crap hunter, she was far too noisy. She did used to bring my socks in through the cat flap if I put the clothes airer outside, and present them to me proudly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
My cat was a crap hunter, she was far too noisy. She did used to bring my socks in through the cat flap if I put the clothes airer outside, and present them to me proudly.
My grandmas old cat brought in a seagull! they are massive things. We thought she was being broken into with the noise that came from the conservatory. I wouldn’t of believed it if I didn’t see it myself. He was a feisty ginger tom but so gentle to humans.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
fraubecue
Thanks babe - love this! X

oh love this is ridiculous what a head thing to do - I’m so sorry it’s happened & I wish we had a haus frau BBQ for you to attend ❤ But we do via Vlad’s internet? Also ngl everyone knows the husbands and bfs are absolute social dead weight so why would they even do that?! When people ask to bring them I’m always like:

Loool I kinda think that, she probably just does it so her fella has someone to speak to cos she’ll be sick of the sight of him 😂

well this is me giving you a hug. 🥴 I need your photoshop skills though! this has taken me far too long!View attachment 247838but yeah I love hugs too. in real life in normal times I wish you all of the hugs 🥰
eta they're meant to be arms!
🤣😂😂🤣 that is at least on par with my skills plus glad you cartooned the arms for security reasons ninnykins 😂❤

ETA I don’t know how on earth I missed this last night!

Well I can say I feel exactly the same dear heart, and I've not even had any wine!

Completely relate to what others have been saying about the hurt of being left out, seeing 'friends' post photos of them meeting up, a meet-up you never even knew was happening. It really can be shattering. No one is left out in the cabal ❤

😭😭😭 I love you all. Sorry I could barely see last night from just stress and tears and missed a lot of posts

I have a soda stream.
I love it, you put can fizzy water in it on its own and then add flavourings if you want to but I like just fizzy water. I have a couple of bottles that I store in the fridge so always have cold fizzy water in hand. I love it with just normal squash added, but I am a huge squash connoisseur! You can also fizz wine if you want to!

My parents have one, for sparkly water or make tonic water. My brother has one but he has fancy glass bottles to store his water!

You do have to replace the gas canister but it does last ages, can‘t remember the last time I bought one. It does massively reduce plastic waste. I know a bottle of sparkling water can be 30p in budget supermarkets but that doesn’t seem right to me!
Ooh I might look into one! Been massively on a sparkling water tip recently and the plastic bottles are piling up. Does it taste the same?

I have a soda stream.
I love it, you put can fizzy water in it on its own and then add flavourings if you want to but I like just fizzy water. I have a couple of bottles that I store in the fridge so always have cold fizzy water in hand. I love it with just normal squash added, but I am a huge squash connoisseur! You can also fizz wine if you want to!

My parents have one, for sparkly water or make tonic water. My brother has one but he has fancy glass bottles to store his water!

You do have to replace the gas canister but it does last ages, can‘t remember the last time I bought one. It does massively reduce plastic waste. I know a bottle of sparkling water can be 30p in budget supermarkets but that doesn’t seem right to me!
Ooh I might look into one! Been massively on a sparkling water tip recently and the plastic bottles are piling up. Does it taste the same?
I’ve gotta join in with the love in and say how much I love this thread! I only got involved by chance when they merged threads with the Downing Street men one (my secret fetish thread 😂) and the rest is history. I love coming here and chatting with like minded fraus about all things.

Hugs to @Alansbigplate I’ve been left out too amongst married friends since divorce and me and my current bf have totally separate friend groups so don’t come as a pair to things which some people don’t get at all 😂

Going to avoid all news today to try and keep my head out of covid stuff. Happy Sunday all ❤
Lol that fateful day when we time travelled through Downing Street! I kinda just don’t get why they do it I know they like my company and I can tell if I had a partner they’d do it so what the duck this isn’t 1950 mateys.

I have a soda stream.

I’ve gotta join in with the love in and say how much I love this thread! I only got involved by chance when they merged threads with the Downing Street men one (my secret fetish thread 😂) and the rest is history. I love coming here and chatting with like minded fraus about all things.

Hugs to @Alansbigplate I’ve been left out too amongst married friends since divorce and me and my current bf have totally separate friend groups so don’t come as a pair to things which some people don’t get at all 😂

Going to avoid all news today to try and keep my head out of covid stuff. Happy Sunday all ❤
Lol that fateful day when we time travelled through Downing Street! I kinda just don’t get why they do it I know they like my company and I can tell if I had a partner they’d do it so what the duck this isn’t 1950 mateys.
She is mrs Cropley, and I claim my 5 pounds (dollars) 😁
No no no no no. Yes!

I have a soda stream.

She is mrs Cropley, and I claim my 5 pounds (dollars) 😁
No no no no no. Yes!
Morning all, hugs to all that need/want one. @Alansbigplate I've been there, both being left out and going through the day the ex remarried. It was odd, I felt like I shouldn't have been bothered, he wasn't my problem now etc. But, I was, I'm not sure what the emotions I felt were, I wasn't sure whether to feel like current wife was as culpable as he for the end of my marriage or not. Because she is the current wife and he picked her, at work, wooed her and shape shifted to fit her lifestyle. I know that isn't sustainable, he'll bore of it. He preys on the vulnerable. With her he's now completed the 'circle of wife' and will look to start over. I might be wrong, who knows. It's not her fault my marriage to him ended, it lasted 10 years too long after his first cheating and my total belief I couldn't cope without him. My girls don't see her as stepmother, I'm sure she's glad for it as she didn't want children, though mine are grown up. He isn't bothered about seeing them and it's entirely reciprocal. I can only say it's best to go with your emotions, I held back too many for too long ❤
On topic fraus. Cottage pie, cheese on the top? Yay or Nay?
It’s such a strange empty feeling isn’t it like you don’t know where your place is in things, like my daughter has a life and home that doesn’t involve me is weird anyway but now it’s formalising it fits the world view of a family even more than the two of us in our crappy (not at all crappy) rental. Hugs thank you for sharing with me xx
Ok I know ALL the stories about Ronan Keating, but I fancy the pants off him, Alan you and me behind the BBQ at Bookweevil’s ok?
I was single for 15yrs and am now married to the least couple-y man ever, so I hear ya! It’s nice to be invited. I don’t even look at people I know in a “are you coupled up?” or not way, I just invite who I actually like. You are a funny as duck Frau so their loss.
I understand what you’re saying about seeing your daughter as a bridesmaid, it’s a big thing for her and nothing to do with the actual wedding, but you’d like to see her. Just remember @Alansbigplate you are always our special Alan ❤
I don’t feel like I will ever find anyone again it’s been *insertoldrosegif* 84 years but stories like yours always make me feel hopeful. Also 😭😭😭😭❤

duck sakes mates I’ve done a @BananaSmith

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Not writing this on the MT but I find it funny Jack has dropped in a hint about the legal case just as we’ve shared a bucket load of receipts, including 3k of her deleted tweets. I think it’s clearly a threat in the hope it stops, the thing she doesn’t realise is she’s signed up to Twitter’s T&Cs which allow for developers to do this sort of work? I learnt about this sort of stuff working in advertising because brands want to see what people say about them, or about what they eat for breakfast, or what publishers women with mum in their bio most frequently share so they can focus their ad spend there? Whoever said she’s the most boomer millennial going is so right, she’s so silly to think you can delete anything off the internet or bully people who work in digital into thinking she can find you by IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) , or you’ll lose your home and savings because you archived her public tweets 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Ahhh I’ve had to give up I’ve proper fucked that up but how gorgeous you all are

Not writing this on the MT but I find it funny Jack has dropped in a hint about the legal case just as we’ve shared a bucket load of receipts, including 3k of her deleted tweets. I think it’s clearly a threat in the hope it stops, the thing she doesn’t realise is she’s signed up to Twitter’s T&Cs which allow for developers to do this sort of work? I learnt about this sort of stuff working in advertising because brands want to see what people say about them, or about what they eat for breakfast, or what publishers women with mum in their bio most frequently share so they can focus their ad spend there? Whoever said she’s the most boomer millennial going is so right, she’s so silly to think you can delete anything off the internet or bully people who work in digital into thinking she can find you by IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) , or you’ll lose your home and savings because you archived her public tweets 😂
I need to go and Grunka, she’s back then I take it 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Mate ... is she or what

It’s a wild ride (again)
I've given up trying to follow that thread now, so the summaries at the start of each page are useful to keep up to date without losing my mind :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
IT DID! How did you know?! We changed that quickly & cheaply when we got the hall floor done, was this a thing?! She was elderly and had mobility issues so I always assumed her kids put it in to prevent slipping, as wet tiles are actually quite dangerous, I know someone whose dad died in a freak accident slipping on a wet tiled floor and hitting his head on their sink, isn’t that awful. Not good for the anxiety fraus is it, sorry guys that’s actually made me feel a bit squiggly 😬

We didn’t even realise it until we moved in, and we’d been to the house twice?!!
I think carpet was often put in for general warmth in this country - when bathrooms weren’t heated and if no central heating was in a house. There used to be all manner of weird heaters in bathrooms once upon a time and not linked to a central heating system. You could also be right about it being there for safety. What was underneath the carpet?

My mother had a washable rug in our family bathroom when I was growing up, on a tiled floor. But we had hot air central heating.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Glad to be of service 😉
Although, I’m potentially taking on more work in a month or so and might have to release the honour of thread recaps to someone else 😂
Vlad needs to give you a payrise, stat, so you can stay in the recap business!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Glad to be of service 😉
Although, I’m potentially taking on more work in a month or so and might have to release the honour of thread recaps to someone else 😂
let's hope jack has a social media break then I guess :LOL:

I think carpet was often put in for warmth in this country. Possibly also when bathrooms weren’t heated and it no central heating was in a house. There used to be all manner of weird heaters in bathrooms once upon a time. You could also be right about it being there for safety. What was underneath the carpet?

My mother had a washable rug in our family bathroom when I was growing up, on a tiled floor. But we had hot air central heating.
my parents' house had really thick carpet in the bathrooms when they moved in too, I don't get how people stop them going moudly when getting out the bath etc, they removed them as soon as they could afford to! Having lived in countries where carpets are very uncommon I now hate them, I have wooden floor and it's so much easier to clean (especially with a cat who seems to shed hair over everything :rolleyes:)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I think carpet was often put in for warmth in this country. Possibly also when bathrooms weren’t heated and it no central heating was in a house. There used to be all manner of weird heaters in bathrooms once upon a time. You could also be right about it being there for safety. What was underneath the carpet?

My grandparents had carpet in their bathroom, and a matching bath mat and toilet mat thing, all the exact same colour. It was like walking into a world of fluff. Luckily my nan was meticulous about cleaning, but it still just felt... wrong.

ETA @emm I completely agree, I hate carpets!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My grandparents had carpet in their bathroom, and a matching bath mat and toilet mat thing, all the exact same colour. It was like walking into a world of fluff. Luckily my nan was meticulous about cleaning, but it still just felt... wrong.

ETA @emm I completely agree, I hate carpets!
Yes, the toilet mat was there to catch the pee drips! 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.