Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is though - and I’m clinically thick so might be wrong - if I get a test tomorrow, catch covid on Thursday (Craig David) and get a clear test on Friday I’ve still got bleeping covid on Sat’dy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
It's amazing how calming the sea is! Had a shite day at work so drove quite a distance to get here and tbh it was so worth it. Even had an ice cream! View attachment 243485
OMG I want to swim in that! I was walking along the beach after work and convinced my boyfriend and daughter to meet me for an impromptu swim and fish and chips For dinner as who knows how long this’ll last for? But our sea view wasn’t quite so calm, the beach was rammed, there were about 5 different sound systems playing different variations of drum and bass and the air smelled like pure weed because Brighton innit

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
OMG I want to swim in that! I was walking along the beach after work and convinced my boyfriend and daughter to meet me for an impromptu swim and fish and chips For dinner as who knows how long this’ll last for? But our sea view wasn’t quite so calm, the beach was rammed, there were about 5 different sound systems playing different variations of drum and bass and the air smelled like pure weed because Brighton innit
I've never been to Brighton but it sounds v much like a coastal Bristol 😂Fish and chips sounds fab! It really is the last days of summer... my SAD can sense it!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Do you ever try by Hove Lawns / the Peace Statue. I remember that as being fairly peaceful for a little paddle. I’m going to look like a ruddy idiot when you say that where you were today, aren’t I?
haha not an idiot at all - I agree it’s lovely round there but it’s not our end of Brighton! In a way I find all the happy drunken repobrates fairly comforting, they just look like they’re having so much fun :ROFLMAO:

I've never been to Brighton but it sounds v much like a coastal Bristol 😂Fish and chips sounds fab! It really is the last days of summer... my SAD can sense it!
i uses to live in Bristol so can vouch that you’re entirely correct! Ahhh me too, I can feel my SAD creeping in too...such a bittersweet time of year

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anyone picked up the new Cormoran Strike book yet? I’m going to pick one up tomorrow (I hope). Reviews don’t look great but I’m sure it’ll be a ripping yarn!

Sorry to everyone who’s having issues with getting tested and back to school etc. I manage a team of about 70 and nearly all the parents (30%) are trying to get their children tested and struggling to get back to work etc. It must be so tough.

Also yes to fish and chips and seasonal SAD and I had coco pops for supper because adulting hard!

Oh and almost certainly going to move to Oz in time for Sunday to hear our very own Soviet Sex Goddess on the radio ❤ (Genuinely really well done, it’s a great achievement to be asked)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Has anyone picked up the new Cormoran Strike book yet? I’m going to pick one up tomorrow (I hope). Reviews don’t look great but I’m sure it’ll be a ripping yarn!

Sorry to everyone who’s having issues with getting tested and back to school etc. I manage a team of about 70 and nearly all the parents (30%) are trying to get their children tested and struggling to get back to work etc. It must be so tough.

Also yes to fish and chips and seasonal SAD and I had coco pops for supper because adulting hard!

Oh and almost certainly going to move to Oz in time for Sunday to hear our very own Soviet Sex Goddess on the radio ❤ (Genuinely really well done, it’s a great achievement to be asked)
Is this the one everyone’s cross at JK Rowling about because of trans issues? I really fancy Cormoran ‘in my mind’

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is this the one everyone’s cross at JK Rowling about because of trans issues? I really fancy Cormoran ‘in my mind’
I think so. The Telegraph was in a massive fluster because it has a bad trans character (I’m going to apologise now if I’ve misgendered/used the wrong language - I’m half asleep and always worried about getting it wrong) but the Guardian have replied to say don’t take their review too deeply. Can’t read the Guardian one though because it says there are spoilers.

It’s hard work loving a gruff Cornish detective

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think so. The Telegraph was in a massive fluster because it has a bad trans character (I’m going to apologise now if I’ve misgendered/used the wrong language - I’m half asleep and always worried about getting it wrong) but the Guardian have replied to say don’t take their review too deeply. Can’t read the Guardian one though because it says there are spoilers.

It’s hard work loving a gruff Cornish detective
Big, gruff and emotionally unavailable yum just my type

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
There are annoyingly few photos where she's looking the right way, but here's my crappy attempt 😂

putin and jack.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I stay out of friendship dramas tbh, and stick with saying to just hang out with other people. It's always blown over in a day or so tbh. Trouble is, my girl can get a little bit obsessive about a particular person, and struggles to cope with group dynamics quite a bit.

Her writing isn't great, she prefers pens, but they're only allowed pencil, which is frankly stupid. So long as they're not writing in blood, why does pen or pencil matter so much? I'm probably more annoyed than usual about school stuff, having found out the pediatrician we've been going is no longer diagnosing ASD and ADHD, so the last visit was an utterly pointless waste of time and money 😡 There was never any communication with the school about anything. It's so frustrating because it's not out of any creepy 'look at me' motives I want to label her, but I think she needs it to help her help herself in the long term, if that makes sense?

Anyway, back to food, to cheer myself up. I am making butter chicken pie for tea. Daughter has requested I make extra filling to make some small ones in my pie maker (ridiculously cult item over here😂) for her pack ups.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was just clearing out my junk email folder and nearly fell off my bed.
2ADA9C77-ADCB-412E-89BC-8E4FC9777FAB.jpeg

So that’s -

Trousers, Terrible, Hoot, and many many more words that are forever linked to here in my head.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

I still have a soft spot for Nigella, despite her weird little thing she has with Jack (I still think it's fear based😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
I stay out of friendship dramas tbh, and stick with saying to just hang out with other people. It's always blown over in a day or so tbh. Trouble is, my girl can get a little bit obsessive about a particular person, and struggles to cope with group dynamics quite a bit.
Yes, mine is exactly the same which is why I try and encourage her not to put all her eggs in one basket so to speak. Her teachers say she gets on well with everyone and can happily move from group to group joining in with different things and adapting well but only has a really strong connection with this one girl that may not be reciprocated 😫

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.