Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I liked LOTR but was a Legolas fan.
Read all the HP as a late teen and enjoyed them, films are ok for a cosy daytime viewing.

But never seen GOT and cba to start with it now. My sci-fi days are over and I’d sooner tune into other things than sit for long hours watching that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oooh but this is the perfect excuse to make negronis, which are truly perfection when made with a single giant ice cube so the drink doesn't get diluted but remains cold.

I *love* LOTR and yes, Aragorn is only hot when bedraggled and dirty. Love me some Eomer too - being a rider of Rohan must be so bleeping cool. And Eowyn > Arwen. Whenever JM's eye of Sauron gets mentioned on the MT, I hoot up a lung.

Does anyone remember the extremely 70s LOTR cartoon?? I vaguely remember my dad showing it me as a kid. Get ready for an EAR WORM folks 🤣

What a great tip, thank you!

Also appreciating the love here for my no.1 man crush, Viggo.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: A Walk on the Moon is available in full on YouTube. Well, they did say this weekend was going to be a scorcher...😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh my! I’d love to visit Ravenna thanks to your recommendation. Thank you. I’ve seen Piadini in Waitrose. I’ve never tried them but have tried (and loved) their Crosta & Mollica Italian toasting bread which is delicious.. Whether the Piadina the same quality as the one you have from home is another thing..?
Yup I've never had the UK shop bought ones! My uncle makes them from scratch though which we have wheneverbwe go around and I think its a really simple mix of ingredients!

He owned a greasy spoon cafe before retiring and he once told me about how he tried to sell pizzas in the early 70s in the South Wales valleys. It did not go down well and he had to chuck them out as the local people didn't want that foreign muck! It's crazy how far we've come with foreign cuisine!

Echoing sentiments about @heretoreaditall2019 ! Hope she's ok and everything is going well ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Morning hausfraus ☺
What's everyone got planned for the day? My husband is off today so I'm going to the supermarket this morning for food goodies, this is exciting for me as I don't leave this place often! Hoping to spend some time in the garden this afternoon sorting out my unruly herbs 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
No plans today, it'll be too hot to go anywhere with the kids and our irish skin 🍅 I woke yesterday feeling like a tidal wave of depression had hit so i'm a bit 🥴

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Are they unruly as labia? 😂

Just working / checking Tattle today. Preparing my small talk topics for tomorrow 😬
They are unruly as some people's labia I believe. My labia however only require one pair of pants I'm pleased to report.

Small talk topics? For the in laws? 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That’s hilarious!

@Pocahontas I read them all at around that age too. They completely passed me by as a kid so I decided to see what all the fuss was about as an adult and I’ve loved them ever since. Recently finished reading them all to my eldest. Would love to go to the HP Studios in London. Have you been?
HP studio is great. I went once after Christmas and the huge model was covered in snow.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yeppo.

I find it really hard 😂 I can do a day, maybe two of small talk and I dry up like one of JM’s lasagnes ... my small talk is the white sauce 😂

Does anyone else have this? ‘Big’ talk I love - you know when you haven’t seen a friend for ages, or you’re meeting someone new and you ‘click’ ... but with others it’s a lot harder and there’s tumbleweed everywhere and it’s very draining 😂
I hate small talk, I find it really cringey and difficult to do 😬 but I'm fairly quiet and hate talking when it isn't necessary! Some people are happiest when they're just filling air with words, I only say things when they need saying 😂
Yes, very draining!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I read Harry Potter around the time the third one was out. It was a really tough time in my life, severe depression, and I couldn't sleep a wink during the nights so I read HP. I was in such a bad way that the Dementors in the Prisoner of Azkabahn scared me stupid and I have never been able to read it again. But it kind of saved me by keeping me company through those long nights. I only later found out that Jo Rowling actually based the Dementors on her own experience of depression.

Not unrelated, my now husband used to describe my parents as "The Dementors" due to their ability to suck all happiness out of any situation...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I hate small talk, I find it really cringey and difficult to do 😬 but I'm fairly quiet and hate talking when it isn't necessary! Some people are happiest when they're just filling air with words, I only say things when they need saying 😂
Yes, very draining!
Yes! Me too. My mum cannot stand silence so she has to fill it ALL THE TIME. Just enjoy the silence!

As for the HP studio, I went years ago as a present for the twit, I wanted to take the kids but its SO expensive now 😱 I'm not a fan of HP but it is really cool to see it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@crystaleyesd I’m sorry to do a ‘Are Louisa and Jack still together?’ on you but my disorganised grunking means I haven’t been able to find out what happened with the face mask Paris park shag? Was it total Before Sunrise cosplay? Or is it now a sore point you were hoping a shambolic Frau wouldn’t bring up again several threads later? Been absolutely loving your travel and food posts - living vicariously, more crisps please!

• Haha
  • Heart
Morning hausfraus ☺
What's everyone got planned for the day? My husband is off today so I'm going to the supermarket this morning for food goodies, this is exciting for me as I don't leave this place often! Hoping to spend some time in the garden this afternoon sorting out my unruly herbs 😂
I'm working today, though as it's already mad hot and I've had a very uninspired week as it is, who knows how productive I will be. Then later I am dropping the teen off at my parents (for 5, count 'em, FIVE teen-free days. I think we're both glad about this, we're wearing on each other's last nerve atm. Being cooped up one on one is hard. Aware I sound like a terrible parent), and am off to my partner's for those 5 (again count 'em, FIVE) days. My sister's birthday this weekend, so we are all going to an actual restaurant. I am both excited and nervous, but we'll be in the garden, so I am guessing it will be good and not too stressful.

No plans today, it'll be too hot to go anywhere with the kids and our irish skin 🍅 I woke yesterday feeling like a tidal wave of depression had hit so i'm a bit 🥴
Solidarity. I have felt that wave all week. I'm hoping a change of scene, company of a grown up who likes me and some time not doing the parenting thing will lift me a bit, though feel bad about taking my Eeyore-like rain cloud and dumping it on him.

Are they unruly as labia? 😂

Just working / checking Tattle today. Preparing my small talk topics for tomorrow 😬
Haha. Glad I'm not the only who preps their conversation when I know it's going to be hard work.

Yes! Me too. My mum cannot stand silence so she has to fill it ALL THE TIME. Just enjoy the silence!

As for the HP studio, I went years ago as a present for the twit, I wanted to take the kids but its SO expensive now 😱 I'm not a fan of HP but it is really cool to see it all.
Oh god. Yes. So bad at small talk. I grew up in a house of people who don't talk for the sake of talking, and I am completely comfortable in companionable silence, filling every moment with chat is a drain on me, whether it's me or someone else doing it. Statements like that made me wonder how I ever come out as extroverted on those test things, but I always do.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Solidarity. I have felt that wave all week. I'm hoping a change of scene, company of a grown up who likes me and some time not doing the parenting thing will lift me a bit, though feel bad about taking my Eeyore-like rain cloud and dumping it on him.
That sounds like a great idea! I hope it helps ❤ I shipped the kids off to my parents the other week for 2 days and it was bliss, but I think I need some real downtime and time alone. I'm tired from being 'on' after whats been a rough few months. Roll on September when schools are back 🙌

• Heart
Morning hausfraus ☺
working this morning then driving a 200 mile round trip to pick up my son from his dads. Haven’t seen him in 2 weeks so super excited but not looking forward to the prospect of hours on the motorway in this heat in an old car with no AC 🥵🥵

• Heart
@crystaleyesd I’m sorry to do a ‘Are Louisa and Jack still together?’ on you but my disorganised grunking means I haven’t been able to find out what happened with the face mask Paris park shag? Was it total Before Sunrise cosplay? Or is it now a sore point you were hoping a shambolic Frau wouldn’t bring up again several threads later? Been absolutely loving your travel and food posts - living vicariously, more crisps please!
He LEFT. No actually it was more just the fact it had been 12 years since our affaire passionee and the memory of that worked better than the cold harsh reality of the present day. We had a lovely time hanging out in the park (sans masks! 🙀) but it was just the case of two old friends catching up rather than the sexy reunion I had hoped. To be blunt, I just didn't fancy him anymore - oh well!

I have work to do today (a la Jackie, this is sort of a WORKING trip so I get to claim I haven't actually had a holiday) but more likely I'll be browsing tattle and planning what I'm going to eat today. I'm thinking a trip to a hundred year old Russian restaurant where they do things the same way they did when it opened - flavoured vodkas, caviar, beef stroganoff flambeed at your table and dessert in the shape of faberge eggs. I'm trying to get on Vlad's good side here!

I'm trying not to get too excited because the London rental market is *brutal* but I think I have found a sublet for a wee bit! Just the thought of being able to live somewhere of my (RENTED) own and not having to rely on friends is such a relief!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yes, very draining!
Babe, same. My worst nightmare is being in a group of new people because l’ve no idea how to make a conversation out of nothing. I just have no idea how to make small talk with people when I know nothing about them. I find people who talk constantly really draining. Especially people who talk at you rather than engaging you in a two-way conversation. Sitting in peace and quiet is bliss to me.

Reactions: 16
Morning Fraus!

Also working today, this has felt like one of the longest weeks ever as I have had next to nothing to do. I've done a load of reading, and some sneaky mid-day naps, but I'm terribly BORED of being bored now. ☹

I'm dreading this afternoon, my little flat is in direct sun from about 11am until sunset, which is lovely except for when it's going to be 36 degrees! 😭

I wonder if any of you have any good recommendations for Turkish cookbooks? It's a cuisine I've never cooked before, but would love to delve into. I'm not vegan/vegetarian, but not a fan of lamb. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! 😊

• Heart
How exciting if @heretoreaditall2019 is having the baby, ooh I feel a bit envious of new born baby snuggles 🥰

I’ve been out a run and waiting for my lazy children to get up, not to triangulate myself but I’m kilt wearing Frau so our schools are back on Wednesday (how?!). My eldest’s birthday is Sunday so we are going out for dinner en famille on Saturday. Just local so we can walk, and Mummy can have gin cocktails 😬😱 I get quite nostalgic and melancholy around birthdays, I feel panicky about them growing up ❤

I’m quite good at small talk, have to do it for work, but it does really tire you out. I don’t like too much silence as I then think the other person (people) doesn’t like me and is thinking “I’m not speaking to her she’s boring”....not that I’m paranoid or anything 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve been reading but keep getting that error message when I react so just imagine all the 👍🏼😂❤🥺😯

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.