Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oodles and a glut of congratulations to @Flumps for the thread title! 🌸 Grand total of 23 reactions

Special mention to @LavaFlake for her maverick suggestion of: Drink & Food. So close with 22 reactions!!

This is the thread for sugar and spice and all things nice. And savoury stuff, and curries and courgettes and Korean feasts. And other stuff. All are welcome.

Recap of thread #3:

We were just discussing best cakes. We saw a verrrrry cute pic of @SoulRebel ‘s grandson. We also discussed crisps.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Thank you for always being a tattle queen @Pocahontas ❤ You should get an honorary byline

Biscoff is so gross, it tastes like the remnants of a chewed biscuit that get caught in your chunky back teeth, sorry to be so vulgar but it’s... true? 🤮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I tried Biscoff on a visit to the UK a couple of years ago and just...didn't get it.

Tesco used to (maybe still?) do a white chocolate spread that I adored when I lived in Ireland. Favourite spread ever, the memory is making my ovaries groan.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Before you go, @Alansbigplate, I just wanted to commend you for your incomparable photoshop skills and post this here for posterity:
DF29CA59-8F7D-4F70-AF54-A07A45097691.jpeg

I hooted like an owl at midnight ❤ Good night !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I tried Biscoff on a visit to the UK a couple of years ago and just...didn't get it.
Same. I had a biscoff blondie the other day from my local zero waste shop. She sells them on behalf of someone else and raves about them. It was okay? Extremely inoffensive, nothing to love about it, it just existed in my mouth until it didn't. I also don't like red velvet cake. It's too moist and craggy and doesn't have a taste.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My parents retired to another country where there are 24 hour bakeries. As far as I can tell, nothing else is open all day and night but it's always handy to know that if/when you wake up at 3am and need cake, you could just nip out and get some!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Lol the worrying thing is I use snapchat and there’s always the risk I might inadvertently send it to all my younger work friends and my kid by accident 😬😬😬☺
I nearly did that when I made her edinburgh creations into characters, on my insta story. 😲😲😲

• Haha
Reactions: 21
@Imainlylurk sorry no idea how to quote from an old thread... I hope your little one skips the terrible twos entirely. My eldest did. He’s been an angel since birth. Which is why we had a second. She’s almost 2 and a nightmare 🤪

Talking of biscuits, I love Biscoff. The spread is delicious and on occasion I like to scoop Biscoff biscuits into it for extra Biscoffyness.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My children are obsessed by Biscoff spread, so much so that I’ve fibbed and told them it’s like Creme Eggs and you can only get it at certain times of the year 😱

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
My boyfriend made me go running this evening so the brief honeymoon period is officially over 😂 he did make me the legendary courgette and bacon pasta afterwards though so he is (mostly) forgiven.

@heretoreaditall2019 - catching up on the threads I went from horrified for you to super relieved: so glad you'll have the support of your midwife for the C-section.

@Toffee finger - sending so much love to you and your grandad.

@SoulRebel - baby Joe is just a dream, so many congratulations.

Sorry if I've missed anyone with momentous news out, I've had a lot to catch up on today (scary how much time I must have been spending on Tattle when I didn't have another human around to tear my eyes from my phone...)

• Heart
AND whilst I’m here...red velvet cake ... what a bloody disappointment that is. What is the fuss about? Utterly tasteless and bleug

• Haha
  • Heart
The mother thread has decided to show me nothing but Shark adverts between the posts! I don't need another one!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Morning. Sorry, I vanished last night after a slightly overwrought post, didn't mean to do a JM (so many uses of that phrase that make sense) but my body apparently decided it was time to shut down and apparently that was that and it was going to brook no argument from my brain. My body is smart.

A thread title! I'm v honoured. I'm useless at them and never properly tried on the mother thread, except to back other brilliant suggestions.

@Switchstreetz - proper lol at your description of BBQs. Entirely accurate. My partner is excellent at BBQ cooking, but part of that excellence seems to involve a hugely long period where nothing seems to be happening in terms of food cooking. It makes for a very entertaining hour where people are pretending to talk, but also looking worriedly at very pallid looking sausages.

@LavaFlake - carrot cake is dead easy to make. Much easier than a Victoria sponge. It's very 'bung' everything together then shove in an oven. I can proffer a fairly foolproof recipe if you'd like one?

No to Red Velvet Cake from this jury. It was a big deal towards the end of my cake business days. Lots of people asking for it. I never got it, I never found a recipe that pleased me and when you read all recipes for it, it just seems obvious to me that it's a load of big sweet, well, nothing.

Yes to Biscoff though. I love the actual biscuits more than the spread though. I did create a Biscoff cheesecake when I first discovered the spread, which was an excellent use for it. We found Biscoff cream biscuits the other week, which are like a Biscoff custard cream. They are *excellent*.

(When I do a mini-Grunka I tend to make notes about what I wanted to say, because I'm old and I forget everything. The notes I made for this catchup seem to be entirely cake and biscuit related, which has pleased me immensely)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.