Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, in case anyone has bleached their eyes since the last time I went on about it. Lucius Malfoy. Hubba hubba

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I get so behind on this thread because it doesn't come up on my watch list! Why am I torturing myself reading people be VILE about plus size influencers when I could just be revelling in this loveliness?!

Aragorn makes me want to cry he's so sexy (until he's the king and washes his hair and then I go right off him).

Snap, @Flumps: it truly is the good tit.

IMG_20200805_202153.jpg

Had this last night as my friend made us Taiwanese surf and turf: chilli oil and cumin beef, and enormous prawns in their shells. And also beautiful Taiwanese rice. We watched the "Uncle Roger" video about draining rice and all nearly cried laughing.

IMG_20200805_195217.jpg

She also freaked out at one point because the spoon was stood up like this in the rice and she squealed "oh nooooo, it looks like the graves of my ancestors".

Anyway, hanging out with her makes me wish I had some more interesting culinary heritage than "I didn't even try brie until I was 22" haha.

Hope you're all doing well. Too many superlatives and good wishes to single people out tbh. 😘

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
How about Sean Bean in LOTR? He’ll do for me.
I’m phoning the doctors tomorrow (nothing like an hour on the phone), to try and get an appointment. My head is definitely not right at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Aragorn makes me want to cry he's so sexy (until he's the king and washes his hair and then I go right off him).
bleeping YES! I never like men when they're clean and neat. Give me a hairy, beard, sweaty and grubby looking man anyday.

Really wanted to reply on the Mother thread as a Grunka Lunka but was worried it would come across as scarily aggressive....

Anyway, the most important question I have...where has GrunkaLunka gone?!
*begins to sing*

🎶"Asking questions in school is a great way to learn

If you try that stuff here you might get your legs broke" 🎶

😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I was all ready to say "what about showing some love for the hobbits?" but then I remembered the film Eastern Promises...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
How about Sean Bean in LOTR? He’ll do for me.
I’m phoning the doctors tomorrow (nothing like an hour on the phone), to try and get an appointment. My head is definitely not right at the moment.
Not to triangulate myself but my fella is constantly compared to our Sean. One time I was in a bar and saw an old friend so got chatting: boyfriend came back from bathroom and stood next to me and friend just shouted "duck, IT'S SEAN BEAN" directly into his face. Women eyefuck him constantly. But I'm good with that.

Meanwhile, according to a former client, I look like "zat tragique Playboy model" (Anna Nicole Smith... when she was fat).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I was all ready to say "what about showing some love for the hobbits?" but then I remembered the film Eastern Promises...

He’s also bloody brilliant in Captain Fantastic if anyone is into slightly depressing indie films.

Triangulating myself now as a Hobbit/LOTR fan and a huge Potter fan. Also loved GoT until the last season went to tit.

Unpopular opinion... I’ve always hated Star Wars.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Hello @Bookweevil, my wordsmith crush. I see you grunkaing! ❤
😂❤ I made it! I love these threads, they’ve got everything - brilliant recipes, frau humour and empathy, rats...

I got here by a sub-set of Grunkaing: the sporadic grunka. This involves using two different devices - a la Mack - depending on what I’m doing and where I am in the house. I begin on one device which remembers my place in the F&D thread. Then that device needs charging (in the hallway, obvs), so I switch to the other. Then as I grunk, I think, “I wonder what the fraus are talking about in real time?” So skip ahead. Then, later, I try to grunk but obviously I’ve fucked up Tattle’s clever bookmarking business and have to guess which page I was on. I find what I think is the right one, read a few pages, realise I’ve missed something and so go further back. By this point my day has moved on and I switch back from iPad to phone so I’m more agile and, of course, that’s been sleepily charging all this time and doesn’t even remember what Tattle is. So that’s why you may catch me liking, laughing and lovin’ your posts from this afternoon, then later posts from yesterday and then suddenly I’m RIGHT behind you in the here and NOW like Dr Who got pissed and started wanging about in the tardis. Oh, it’s so INEFFICIENT!

Anyway, keeping it real and relevant, I have been duped on the drinks front tonight. I went shopping and saw some ‘party ice cubes’ which I bought immediately as anything that has PARTY stamped across it is right up my INFJ street. It had all this bollocks on the packaging with %s of how much longer these ice cubes last than boring stay-at-home ice cubes so they’re extra cold and don’t make your drink watery. As I opened them just now, I thought, I hope the reason for that isn’t because they’re stuffed with some weird chemicals. But, no, they’re just massive ice cubes that last 4 times longer than regular ones because they’re 4 times as big. There are only about 2 in the packet. I haven’t felt so taken in since I scoured Vegan(ish) for the crackling recipe😩

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Morrisons have such a good pasta selection, there’s not one near me but every time I visit my parents I go and stock up!
No Morrison’s near me either. Shame. Where I used to live, there was one in the next big town, I really liked shopping there. The herbs and veg were great quality and were regularly sprayed with fine water. I was very impressed

Reactions: 8
Popping in just before my next Paracetamols...

I love LOTR. Well, the books - and the BBC radio version from the 70s.

But Thorin....mmmm.

Other than him, it would have had to be Sam. Never gave up when his drippy as duck posh boy went all 'oooh, I'm not feeling very well', could cook, grow things, green eyes, would definitely have strong, tanned arms... Or Beorn.

Tom Bombadil - well, he was very keen on his Missus, but so much bloody singing. All rather loyal, which is good.
Gandalf - nah, soon as there was tit about to happen, he'd duck off for months and then sweep back in right at the end for the glory.
Boromir - serious Daddy issues.
Faramir - yeah, he was fit, if a bit earnest.
Aragorn - committment phobe. He pissed off for decades rather than do his actual job.
Legolas - nah. He'd be spotting every bit of dirt on the kitchen floor from a thousand places and the inlaws would be a bloody nightmare.
Merry and Pippin - nah. They might be tall for Hobbits, but they'd be constantly nagging about when the next meal was coming AND go out on the lash together every weekend.

Can't stand HP.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
GOT, HP, LOTR, Star Wars.. all of that is a nope for me. Not my genre at all. The twit loves all that though, so Ive watched a fair bit of it. 😴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Ah I see we are back to Food & Dick :LOL:
Crush of the day is Mark Ronson

@HarderFaster I always thought Anna Nicole Smith was well fit at all points of her career tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Ermagod
I am floored. Breakdance, I thought we GOT each other 😂😂
He’s in Lord of the Ringpiece (Rings)
I do “get” you, well I get the bits of you that aren’t elf fixated 🤣🤣 Never seen LOTR and hope not to!!😂

I’ve also not read or seen Harry Potter. I’m kind of like a person stuck in 1994?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.