Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Fraus I have had some great news! I have been looking to leave my job for months due to its horrible agency culture, ridiculous hours, bullying from SMT, complete lack of HR (literally non existent) and minimum annual leave. It's probably why I spend a lot of the day here haha. But I have just secured an interview at what is my dream workplace next week for what would be a promotion! Even if I don't get the job I am still over the moon to be considered for the role - especially in these COVID times when hundreds of people are applying for one role. Whatever happens, it's made me believe in myself a bit more and that I can leave my toxic job!

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Fraus I just had the BEST neighbour experience...was shutting the bedroom window, noone is ever outside this late. When shutting the window and putting the blinds down spotted a man who must work in one of the restaurants we share a bin space with (our block is weird for London in that we have a Facebook group and all know each other) - our eyes met and he gave me the most awkward smile and wave ever...i waved back, then realised I was topless 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

Sausage Grand Station

@Sausage Grand Station mate you’ve been grunking hard today!! X
I have been on the grunka of my life! First day off in four days and then I fucked myself over with a quick 3 hour nap, so now I can’t sleep.

@Toffee finger I’m so sorry to hear about your grandad, sending love.

Well, there’s a lot to mention:
1. Biscoff, absolutely not bothered by it. I appreciate the little biscuit with a coffee but I don’t drink coffee and I never get one with my tea. Rude.
2. Cake, agreed about red velvet being a bit pointless. I love a classic vic sponge but honestly despite it not technically being cake, cheesecake is the cake of gods and I won’t hear a bad word said about it.
3. I cannot leave behind a carbohydrate i simply refuse. At first I thought ditch rice as I don’t eat it much, then I remembered Indian; Thai, Chinese and risotto and THEN I remembered last years holiday to Taormina and their absolutely insane arrancini and well, rice absolutely stays. Pushed hard I could sack off potatoes, I’m not bothered by them except for a jacket spud and of course chips, though I guess I could just replace them with halloumi fries 🤔, equally as delicious.

Unpopular opinion I’m sure, but I cannot stand roasts. What is the obsession? It’s just dry meat, with dry veg and dry potatoes, covered in meaty sauce? I don’t get them.

I am a southerner when it comes to my chippy tea, no mushy peas, no gravy and certainly no curry sauce. Salt, vinegar and then a dollop of ketchup/mayo or tartare sauce for dipping.

Also, and apologies for my ridiculously long post but I found out I’m 3 1/2 months pregnant last week. Total shock as had been having the contraceptive injection. Overjoyed but also terrified as this will be our rainbow baby. Haven’t told a soul as we’re still wrapping our heads around it ourselves but I wanted to tell someone and I feel safe here ❤.

I am loving the ability to use this pregnancy as excuse to snack into the early hours though, nothing unhealthy mind, I’ve got a jar of gherkins on the go currently (not a craving, I eat them straight out the jar normally 😂)

• Heart

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Thanks guys for all the love. He sadly passed away early this morning. My dad is with my nan, I can’t go over until my hire car is collected at some point this morning. So I’m drinking tea and trying to distract myself till I can see them. It’s shit. He hadn’t been well for a little while so I know for him this is what he wanted and is comfortable now but I can’t imagine my Nan without him!

I could really eat some Hummingbird cake right now.
Biscoff I like but not sure where this obsession for it came from!

• Heart
  • Sad

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Thank you all for your lovely kind words. My nan is currently on the phone so I’ve popped out to feed their tortoise, though Tommy is more keen on my toes at the moment! My grandad was Tommy’s favourite person (they bought him 50 years ago!) and he hasn’t eaten properly all week, animals always seem to know when something is wrong don’t they?!

05A984C1-ED42-4473-8F48-20A33B6B3651.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
@Toffee finger - really sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you and the cabal are here!

@heretoreaditall2019 - thinking of you too and hope your last days of pregnancy aren't too stressful!

As for me, I have made it to Istanbul. A frau a while back recommended a Turkish food website (this one - https://ozlemsturkishtable.com/) and I've been excitedly planning some recipes - I have an apartment with a kitchen so I will (yes) absolutely (x) be pulling a Jackie and cooking up a storm. Today's bounty:

DSC_0125.JPG

I also ate a pide so good it almost rivalled neapolitan pizza:

DSC_0121.JPG

And just for you fraus, I'm going to be trying some rando Turkish crisps I find in the store. Today's pick:

DSC_0126.JPG

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Checking in for the cabal. It got...quite messy. First guy was putting on the moves with his sexy Google translate game, then his friend showed up who spoke English and we were chatting about music and then I err, made out with him a bit (look, it was a long lockdown). Then they started arguing - it was getting all heated ON THE ROOF, five stories up. First guy was ANNOYED he had been gazumped. I was considering boffing second guy but he kissed like he'd been in a fecking famine so lord knows what his shagging technique would be like. My mouth is in SHREDS. Eventually I jumped back in the flat and shut the window on them. I can still hear them fighting 😬. Right, that's quite enough excitement for one evening....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Oh I don't think I added to the meyers briggs chat. From what I recall I'm an INFP - I don't find it hugely accurate cos I can be very extroverted at times but mostly I'm just happy on my own feeling my way through life!

Cooked tonight. Turkish tabbouleh (the tomatoes right now are incredible!), home made baba ganoush (yes I did the faffy fire roasting of the 🍆 on the gas burner) with pine nuts and pomegranate molasses, and beyaz peynir (turkish version of feta) with pul biber flakes. My phone hates the light in this flat so no good pic, but I tried:

DSC_0196.JPG

Then I had figs and pine nuts drizzled in honey for dessert which I SNARFED so quickly I forgot to take a pic. Baklava and a ciggy for a nightcap.

(and adding to the chat earlier about unwanted critters, I found a caterpillar in my Bulgur wheat! Still ate it tho... 😬)

• Heart
Reactions: 37

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Evening fraus. Spent the day searching İstanbul top to bottom for the perfect meze. I had started to give up hope when a flash of orange caught my eye. I inched closer, trembling in anticipation, before I read that sweet word synonymous with all turkish/greek food the world over: Sainsburys. Gleefully hooting, I chaotically tumbled inside and my aching eyes were filled with the sight of an unctuous feast, bedecked in yellow stickers. The cashier sidled up to me, eyelashes fluttering like a soaring butterfly, before whispering to me: 'it's all fifty percent off'. My ovaries flipped like a roller coaster on Southend pier, and I scooped the lot into my yellow raincoat pocket. I had barely made it onto the street before I started scarfing down globulous olives, a rich spicy pate and the creamiest bean that had ever been rinsed. I cast my mind back into the mists of my imagination and remembered I was somehow descended from a distant ottoman sultan. Then I realised... I WAS HOME.

(Also this was the best damn seabass I ever ate)

DSC_0178.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

• Heart
  • Haha

NP

VIP Member
I really dislike when people shit on JM’s appearance in the Mother thread. Can’t be arsed to challenge people but it’s so unnecessary. I’m all for laughing at her awful cooking and awkward sideboard poses but not her actual physical appearance. It’s unwarranted and feeds into the troll narrative that she wants.

• Heart

Breakdance Badass

VIP Member
My children are obsessed by Biscoff spread, so much so that I’ve fibbed and told them it’s like Creme Eggs and you can only get it at certain times of the year 😱

• Haha
  • Heart

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Omg yeah the date!! When is it @BeautifulTrauma? I really hope it goes well. I love romance and love and happy times so much.

I watched a lovely little film called Benjamin, written by Simon Amstell. My friend recommended it because I fancy Colin Morgan but oh it was so sweet and funny. I like Simon Amstell a lot.

Just making the roast potatoes for my TV snack 😂😂
Thank you @GrunkaLunka and everyone else who has wished me luck!

It’s quite weird as one of the first things we talked about and bonded over was us starting to use the Tattle forums, so I feel like she’s been there from the moment I opened my eyes about JM and her ways. And I get to tell her how annoyed I am about JM and she listens and takes it on board - it’s awesome! Doesn’t use the forums now though, she’s not one to go looking for trouble.

The activity is a very random one, but because we met on Tinder just as the country was closing down, we said when things reopen we wanted to do something neither of us had done before so we decided our first date would be axe throwing - I checked and I can’t take JM’s picture to put on the target unfortunately! It’s early evening on Saturday and then we’ll go for a drink in town or something.

Thank you everyone, it means the world to me to have your support. I’m really excited, and trying not to get ahead of myself but if she’s as cool in person as she is via texting then I’ve got myself a great girlfriend. I will report back on Sunday!

• Heart

Babysnark

Fraus I'm having a BAD DAY!

Made pancakes for breakfast poured on maple syrup and it had gone MOULDY/smelly! I've never had it happen to maple syrup before and I used it two days ago and it was fine. Revolting, couldn't face remaking it.

So I didnt have breakfast so decided to treat myself to Lidl spicy chicken breast chunks for lunch. Bit into one and it was OFF. Tasted and smelt disgusting. They were frozen and we live 5 mins from Lidl (triangulate me) so they didnt defrost previously wtf.

I don't know what to do I'm hungry and ANGRY and now even more set in becoming totally vegetarian (veggie chilli and jacket spuds for dinner).

I dont have anyone else to tell as my OH is in a meeting and my sister is on holiday (in the UK and BUSY) so please send me your warmest sympathies. 🤢☹☹☹

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Sick

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Oodles and a glut of congratulations to @Flumps for the thread title! 🌸 Grand total of 23 reactions

Special mention to @LavaFlake for her maverick suggestion of: Drink & Food. So close with 22 reactions!!

This is the thread for sugar and spice and all things nice. And savoury stuff, and curries and courgettes and Korean feasts. And other stuff. All are welcome.

Recap of thread #3:

We were just discussing best cakes. We saw a verrrrry cute pic of @SoulRebel ‘s grandson. We also discussed crisps.

• Heart
  • Haha

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
OK fraus - the all important taste test of the crisps I eat in Istanbul.

ROUND 1: Balik kraker - misirli (sweetcorn) flavour

DSC_0136.JPG

TASTING NOTES: Initially sweet, with top notes of sugar which surprises the palate, before mellowing into a creamy savouryness with a hint of butter.

MOUTHFEEL: Pleasantly crunchy and small enough to toss into one's mouth with abandon, multiples at a time.

AESTHETIC: They look like little fish. The reason for this is unknown given that sweetcorn famously does not look like fish, nor are fish known for enjoying sweetcorn (I think...). Also the frau jury is out on whether these can legitimately be classified as crisps, given they are actually crackers.

OVERALL JUDGEMENT: WEIRD. I've never had a snack that actually tastes like sweetcorn, but these do! Good for a novelty but I was left craving the overpowering saltiness of a more classic crisp. 5/10.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
I just asked him if he spoke any more languages (via Google translate cos he doesn't speak much English) and he replied 'I speak the language of sexuality'. I HOOTED.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

colouredlines

VIP Member
So here is my 4,99€ cake shop TGTG haul:

20200804_204745.jpg

They didn't give me any of the fancy cakes, but I am now the owner of EIGHT BAGUETTES. Bring back Lockdown Larder!!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Before you go, @Alansbigplate, I just wanted to commend you for your incomparable photoshop skills and post this here for posterity:
DF29CA59-8F7D-4F70-AF54-A07A45097691.jpeg

I hooted like an owl at midnight ❤ Good night !

• Haha
  • Heart

AmTellinYa

Chatty Member
Currently Grunking through thread 2 and so am aware I'm massively behind real time and off topic but as I can't reply to or quote any of the posts, I just wanted to zoom through the time space continuum just to say I've never been on a forum where I relate so much to the people posting. I'm just reading your posts about friendship circles and/or lack of, self esteem, and being introverts and I'll be honest I've shed tears today because any number of them could have been me writing them, and it honestly blew my mind because I've always felt so out of place and off for being the way I am, but reading the thread today has made me realise that a lot of us here have an amazing amount in common and it genuinely touched me so thank you all and massive hugs to you all xxx

Back to reading through, I hope to catch up in real time sooner rather than later x

• Heart

Bookweevil

Hello @Bookweevil, my wordsmith crush. I see you grunkaing! ❤
😂❤ I made it! I love these threads, they’ve got everything - brilliant recipes, frau humour and empathy, rats...

I got here by a sub-set of Grunkaing: the sporadic grunka. This involves using two different devices - a la Mack - depending on what I’m doing and where I am in the house. I begin on one device which remembers my place in the F&D thread. Then that device needs charging (in the hallway, obvs), so I switch to the other. Then as I grunk, I think, “I wonder what the fraus are talking about in real time?” So skip ahead. Then, later, I try to grunk but obviously I’ve fucked up Tattle’s clever bookmarking business and have to guess which page I was on. I find what I think is the right one, read a few pages, realise I’ve missed something and so go further back. By this point my day has moved on and I switch back from iPad to phone so I’m more agile and, of course, that’s been sleepily charging all this time and doesn’t even remember what Tattle is. So that’s why you may catch me liking, laughing and lovin’ your posts from this afternoon, then later posts from yesterday and then suddenly I’m RIGHT behind you in the here and NOW like Dr Who got pissed and started wanging about in the tardis. Oh, it’s so INEFFICIENT!

Anyway, keeping it real and relevant, I have been duped on the drinks front tonight. I went shopping and saw some ‘party ice cubes’ which I bought immediately as anything that has PARTY stamped across it is right up my INFJ street. It had all this bollocks on the packaging with %s of how much longer these ice cubes last than boring stay-at-home ice cubes so they’re extra cold and don’t make your drink watery. As I opened them just now, I thought, I hope the reason for that isn’t because they’re stuffed with some weird chemicals. But, no, they’re just massive ice cubes that last 4 times longer than regular ones because they’re 4 times as big. There are only about 2 in the packet. I haven’t felt so taken in since I scoured Vegan(ish) for the crackling recipe😩

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart