Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My family are from Emilia Romagna, specifically near Ravenna by the Adriatic sea side! BTW I'd recommend that any frau with an interest in Italy should go to Ravenna. It hasn't experienced too much over tourism and is filled with these gorgeous Byzantine buildings with mosaics and "proper" Italian restaurants with primi and secondi that have all local ingredients.

The local cuisine we ate a lot of was piadini - which are kind of like an Italian flatbread that you stuff full of cheese, parma ham, mushrooms or other bits and bobs and then griddle! I'm always really surprised they've never been exported over here because they really are gorgeous and cheap/easy to make.
Oh my! I’d love to visit Ravenna thanks to your recommendation. Thank you. I’ve seen Piadini in Waitrose. I’ve never tried them but have tried (and loved) their Crosta & Mollica Italian toasting bread which is delicious.. Whether the Piadina the same quality as the one you have from home is another thing..?

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Never mind your elf fancying. This guy is the best, Jarl Varg. From Norsemen, the utter psychopath is mesmerising to watch, and bloody funny to boot. Fabulous acting.
IMG_20200806_223759.jpg

• Wow
Has anyone seen Sean Bean in Lady Chatterley’s lover? 😉

edited to add: couldn’t find a GIF of him running naked through the woods. Soz

Favourite pasta shape: spaghetti or linguine. I like twisting it around my fork, the bronze die rough texture is a preference as it holds more sauce, but I just love it any old how, especially the super long spaghetti you can get (wrapped in paper) which is a real labour of love to get it all into the boiling water. I could twist away for hours on that stuff!
Pasta shapes, for me are too easily eaten, there is no challenge so I end up eating far too much!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Fraus I just had the BEST neighbour experience...was shutting the bedroom window, noone is ever outside this late. When shutting the window and putting the blinds down spotted a man who must work in one of the restaurants we share a bin space with (our block is weird for London in that we have a Facebook group and all know each other) - our eyes met and he gave me the most awkward smile and wave ever...i waved back, then realised I was topless 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Fraus I just had the BEST neighbour experience...was shutting the bedroom window, noone is ever outside this late. When shutting the window and putting the blinds down spotted a man who must work in one of the restaurants we share a bin space with (our block is weird for London in that we have a Facebook group and all know each other) - our eyes met and he gave me the most awkward smile and wave ever...i waved back, then realised I was topless 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I think I’ve just peed myself 🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Omg noo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
At least you know he'll remember who you are now...

Peter Dinklage 💓

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
That’s hilarious!

@Pocahontas I read them all at around that age too. They completely passed me by as a kid so I decided to see what all the fuss was about as an adult and I’ve loved them ever since. Recently finished reading them all to my eldest. Would love to go to the HP Studios in London. Have you been?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It looks amazing! I’d love to go at Christmas but I’d rather wait until things are a bit more normal so we can really enjoy it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Morning! Everyone’s asleep, I don’t know why I’m up so early but it’s lovely having a cuppa in peace and tackling my inbox without bickering in the background. ☺
I’ve skipped to the end of the thread, sorry, just checking in to see how everyone is.

been thinking of you @heretoreaditall2019 hope I’ve not missed any news. 👶🏼

@Jay-cloth Cow omg that made me laugh so much! 😂🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Morning! Everyone’s asleep, I don’t know why I’m up so early but it’s lovely having a cuppa in peace and tackling my inbox without bickering in the background. ☺
I’ve skipped to the end of the thread, sorry, just checking in to see how everyone is.

been thinking of you @heretoreaditall2019 hope I’ve not missed any news. 👶🏼

@Jay-cloth Cow omg that made me laugh so much! 😂🙈
Echoing this — hope all is going really well @heretoreaditall2019 💕

I wonder if today’s going to be as hot as forecast. Get those ice lollies in the freezers, gang.

Reactions: 15
Anyway, keeping it real and relevant, I have been duped on the drinks front tonight. I went shopping and saw some ‘party ice cubes’ which I bought immediately as anything that has PARTY stamped across it is right up my INFJ street. It had all this bollocks on the packaging with %s of how much longer these ice cubes last than boring stay-at-home ice cubes so they’re extra cold and don’t make your drink watery. As I opened them just now, I thought, I hope the reason for that isn’t because they’re stuffed with some weird chemicals. But, no, they’re just massive ice cubes that last 4 times longer than regular ones because they’re 4 times as big. There are only about 2 in the packet. I haven’t felt so taken in since I scoured Vegan(ish) for the crackling recipe😩
Oooh but this is the perfect excuse to make negronis, which are truly perfection when made with a single giant ice cube so the drink doesn't get diluted but remains cold.

I *love* LOTR and yes, Aragorn is only hot when bedraggled and dirty. Love me some Eomer too - being a rider of Rohan must be so bleeping cool. And Eowyn > Arwen. Whenever JM's eye of Sauron gets mentioned on the MT, I hoot up a lung.

Does anyone remember the extremely 70s LOTR cartoon?? I vaguely remember my dad showing it me as a kid. Get ready for an EAR WORM folks 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes, cleaned-up Viggo is far too wholesome.

10193e5d3098ba57da93ce8bced8ad35.jpg

But I do love that he not only bought both the horses he rode as Aragorn and took them back to his ranch, but also saw the amazing connection Liv Tyler's stunt double had formed with her horse, Florian, and because she couldn't afford to buy him after filming, bought him too and gave him to the rider.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No Morrison’s near me either. Shame. Where I used to live, there was one in the next big town, I really liked shopping there. The herbs and veg were great quality and were regularly sprayed with fine water. I was very impressed
They also have really good fish, and always hugely discounted at the end of the day. Nowhere similar near me 😭

Morning everyone,
I too have skipped to the end of the thread. Hope everyone is okay.
I love the early mornings before the heat hits! Kindle on charge and bottle of wine chilling in the fridge already 😉
Enjoy the sunshine which looks set to last all weekend. ☀ 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.