Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am alone this weekend, husband & kids have gone to visit the in-laws for the weekend. Bliss. They will all get spoiled there, fast food, watching television a lot while eating and scoffing lots of sweets, chocolate and swilling coca cola . I have quite a bit of work to catch up on, I can't imagine what on earth has distracted me this week 😉 ? Food? I will eat fresh fruit and salad and some nice homemade things from our stocked one freezer. PS This a foolproof website for lovely Turkish food I sometimes use Turkish Recipes ETA I hope those of you a bit under the weather feel a bit better after this hot and sunny weekend.
That's a wonder recipe resource, thanks for sharing. I've bookmarked it. Have been wondering all day what to do with the lamb mince I have in the fridge. Now I know kofte!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have to admit to not liking Sci Fi very much!
Or Harrison Ford! Sorry! 😂
How about westerns and Clint Eastwood? Showing my age now!
As for roast dinners, I love them except during the summer! Always requested by my son though when he visits whatever the weather!
Much love to all of you who are feeling urgh.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think the reason it goes round and round is the amount of new users, myself included, who haven’t read from thread 1. We don’t know the whole story from the start. Therefore we find out stuff and ask questions. I did read 31 but I haven’t read every thread.
Oh for sure. I just want some fresh chaos to laugh along with. Someone needs to recommission DKL for the LOLs.

I’m cooking burritos for dinner which I now realise is a terrible idea because I’m sweating in the kitchen. It’s so muggy outside.

I have to admit to not liking Sci Fi very much!
Or Harrison Ford! Sorry! 😂
How about westerns and Clint Eastwood? Showing my age now!
As for roast dinners, I love them except during the summer! Always requested by my son though when he visits whatever the weather!
Much love to all of you who are feeling urgh.
I’ve never been able to get into westerns.

I was going to do a roast this weekend as I’m really craving some roast potatoes but I just can’t in this heat. I’ll probably do toad in the hole as a compromise.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sci fi crush you say?

Edit: i wasn't expecting her to be saying that but seems apt.
Loooooooool we need to appropriate this in the mother thread

hugs to everyone I’m sorry I haven’t much to say I just agree with you all it’s sad times that these two threads can’t be amalgamated any more we need some kind of horn (fnar) for when a chaos happens otherwise just stay here and watch the gifs and the crisp reviews which I’m LIVING for! Hope the eaglet has landed safely

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Mr Cow and I were googling where's cold at the moment and getting envious. Fraus - looks like we are moving to Iceland.
Picturing two Highland cows with suitcases hopping on a plane now 😁
Bit of a treat on a Friday afternoon 😂
Pocahontas you're bringing some eye candy into the food thread for us all to feast upon and i for one am very grateful 🙏

I'm 5 threads behind on the motherboard now but tbh i came for the coven not for the witch :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
That's a wonder recipe resource, thanks for sharing. I've bookmarked it. Have been wondering all day what to do with the lamb mince I have in the fridge. Now I know kofte!
I always think of the words ‘kofte’ and ‘pasta’ as pronounced by John Torode because it’s really weird and irritating how he says em

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Good evening you lovely lot! I'm being La-Z and skipping to the end. Had the loveliest day yesterday. Plied with delicious homemade food that I didn't have to cook (or clean away) and got to see some of my favourite people!

Am paying for it today in terms of pure knackeredness, but totally worth it.

Small celebration for me today as it's my official retirement date. Woo hoo! 🎉

Yes, I am now a forty - something pensioner. Even better, my pension money will be available soon. Double woo hoo!

And now, back to grunking.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Jeez Louise it’s hot isn’t it.

I‘m on nights this weekend and have been trying to sleep, failed miserably and now I know I’m up the duff I can’t have my red bull (blessing really I know they’re terrible for you), so I have raided the sweetie drawer and am taking a bag of squishes with me.

Dinner before I go though is homemade chicken sheesh with (shop bought) flat breads, roasted veg and bulgar. Got some yoghurt, cucumber and garlic so will make a nice cooling dip too. Been too hot to eat but I’m looking forward to this.

Living for @crystaleyesd crisp reviews and food photos. Not at all jealous

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Tagging @Gentlemensrelish for all the baby news ❤

Jeez Louise it’s hot isn’t it.

I‘m on nights this weekend and have been trying to sleep, failed miserably and now I know I’m up the duff I can’t have my red bull (blessing really I know they’re terrible for you), so I have raided the sweetie drawer and am taking a bag of squishes with me.

Dinner before I go though is homemade chicken sheesh with (shop bought) flat breads, roasted veg and bulgar. Got some yoghurt, cucumber and garlic so will make a nice cooling dip too. Been too hot to eat but I’m looking forward to this.

Living for @crystaleyesd crisp reviews and food photos. Not at all jealous
You just reminded me I’ve got full fat coke in the fridge as a start of annual leave treat 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
@Silver Linings hope you feel a little brighter soon. Definitely something in the water. X
I've only been popping my head in on occasion over on the MT, I get that with newcomers there will naturally be things discussed that have been discussed before but sometimes it seems to go round in circles within the same thread (not necessarily a newcomer thing)🤔
I think there's just not an awful lot to discuss at the mo, let's hope JM springs back with a shiny new show 😁

Am stuck for dinner ideas this eve, was due to cook a paella but just can't face cooking. So decided on takeaway but can't choose 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@Silver Linings hope you feel a little brighter soon. Definitely something in the water. X
I've only been popping my head in on occasion over on the MT, I get that with newcomers there will naturally be things discussed that have been discussed before but sometimes it seems to go round in circles within the same thread (not necessarily a newcomer thing)🤔
I think there's just not an awful lot to discuss at the mo, let's hope JM springs back with a shiny new show 😁

Am stuck for dinner ideas this eve, was due to cook a paella but just can't face cooking. So decided on takeaway but can't choose 😕
I would order a huge Indian.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.