Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been sucked into the Secret Celeb Gossip threads. Great stuff and highly recommended for anyone else who finds it very, VERY hard to care about Jack being given a pizza oven.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I've been sucked into the Secret Celeb Gossip threads. Great stuff and highly recommended for anyone else who finds it very, VERY hard to care about Jack being given a pizza oven.
I tried a few of those threads, and they are fun, but I ultimately found it frustrating cos I wanted proof that all the gossip was true! (Apart from Jack Whitehall’s pepperoni, that is 😂)

Totally know what you mean though!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There’s needs to be a chaos again so we can stop rehashing who owns her house, furlough and the trademarks.

I made Nigella’s chocolate sheet cake yesterday (for the billionth time). It’s so easy to make as I usually have all the ingredients in already and it’s really good. It’s has quite a dense, fudgy texture. Not sure it will last long.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There’s needs to be a chaos again so we can stop rehashing who owns her house, furlough and the trademarks.

I made Nigella’s chocolate sheet cake yesterday (for the billionth time). It’s so easy to make as I usually have all the ingredients in already and it’s really good. It’s has quite a dense, fudgy texture. Not sure it will last long.

Yah, I KNOW babe.

Oh brilliant, that looks like an excellent recipe. My kids are begging me to make a chocolate cake and I couldn’t be arsed cos it’s actually so hot now, but I might do this over the weekend as it looks easy. I like easy!

Reactions: 9
Love hearing about everyone's day! I've just woken up from an unexpected nap by the pool (thank duck I was in the shade) and was really hungry. Why is everything so different on holiday? Sleep, hunger, there is a different quality to it when you're on your holiday right?? Anyway, I am really craving some thin, salty fries I had in Turkey that we ate with little plastic swords! Alas, it's but a memory so I am having a massive bowl of pasta with pesto (heavy on the pine nuts).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Hey friends - long post incoming.....

Vlad must’ve put something in the water because I too am posting under a cloud/insulated sleeping bag of depression.

Ho hum. The mother thread is a chore for me. Too much outright meanness and stuff we’ve already discussed which I totally get is the nature of forums but as things get back to normal and I have more to do then I don’t have the time or inclination to talk about it again so i’m lurking and liking.

Secret Celeb thread, I want proof too. And I worry that myths are dangerous and then become facts.

LOTR. Can take or leave it. Never read the books but the films are watchable. I prefer them to the modern marvel formula of quip, toy opportunity, quip. I also had an ex who loved them so when they’re on now it’s nice to watch them without commentary on how the dwarves were actually red haired or some such nitpickiness.

Roasts. Only my Mum’s. Haven’t had one since I left home, cba to make it for just me. Don’t like yorkies, personally.

I have no plans today, just sprawing in various places panting like a dog, which is a sexy image but a muy unattractive reality.

Various limbs crossed for hopeful fraus and been thinking of @heretoreaditall2019 a lot. Hope she and the little one are ok.

Sci fi crush has to be the divine Katee Sackhoff from Battlestar Galactica
3604333E-FAAD-4AC8-9939-0953F663A336.jpeg

ooh and I loved Captain Fantastic, such a lovely way of looking at how we shape our children vs letting them be themselves. VM is a great actor, The Road is a gut punch.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Circular crisps...reminding me of discos! So vinegary they blew your head off, but very delicious.

Speaking of, it's that time again fraus! Mid afternoon Turkish crisp showdown!

DSC_0205.JPG

ROUND 3: Doritos 'Turca' flavour (Turkish flavour?? They turned out to be tomato and poppy seed!)

TASTING NOTES: Initially mild tangy tomato flavour - a subtle hit of sweetness rather than the fake powdery tomato taste you sometimes get - with a pleasant undertone of vinegar. Then another flavour begins to creep in - an unusual earthy nuttiness that shouldn't work but somehow does. Poppy seeds on a crisp?? What will they think of next. The contrast between tomato and poppy seed is an odd one, but certainly not unpleasant; like a good champagne, this is a dry finish that complements the sweetness of the tomato perfectly.

MOUTHFEEL: Due to the abundance of poppy seeds, the robustness of the original dorito is bolstered somewhat, leading to a harder crunch. However, that light shattering quality that accompanies classic doritos is lost here which some may miss. The poppy seeds are somehow kept within the confines of the crisp coating and don't end up bouncing around your mouth like billiard balls upon first chew; this feat of engineering is to be applauded - when one is dining with the Russian elite later, one cannot risk poppy seeds in ones teeth.

AESTHETIC: The tomato flavouring imparts a slight orange tinge to the crisp which produces an enjoyable visual; however, the scattered poppy seeds give the impression that there are speckles of mould across the surface! Hardly a crisp for entertainment purposes, but would be perfectly acceptable for solo consumption.

VERDICT: A tough one. I appreciated the unusualness of the flavour combination, and poppy seeds are one of my favourites. They did work with the tomato against all the odds, but perhaps - as is the nature of all dorito type snacks - they are better suited to dipping. What sort of dip would go with these is beyond my remit as a crisp taster, and unfortunately I had already GOBBLED all the baba ganoush I had made so couldn't test my hypothesis. Regardless, an enjoyable experience. 6/10.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Adding to the food & dick chat, I ❤ 'd Legolas when I watched the films as a pre-teen but later realised I liked him because he looked like a girl 🤣

Now a good few years later I have a curious appreciation for the rugged manly men so I may give LOTR another watch. Richard Armitage was gorgeous as Guy of Gisburn in Robin Hood but when I found it on youtube a couple of summers ago the series was so cringy I couldn't cope.

I also didn't know Sean Bean was in Lady Chatterly's lover so I need to find that. Rob Stark was fantastic 👀 in the more recent version.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sending lots of love to those fraus who’ve found themselves under a cloud this week. Hope things get a little brighter.

I agree, I don’t like the meanness that sometimes pops up in the mother thread. I love it when it’s lighthearted fun or when it all gets a bit ridiculous and everyone puts on their Sherlock Holmes hats, but I’m not so keen on the outright unpleasantness.

Silver and Poca, I’m the same - far too cynical to read the celeb gossip thread without demanding proof for every outlandish claim!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hey friends 👋

Lush to hear about all your days! I too am terrible with heat and i can barely concentrate on my work today (this thread on the other hand I can read just fine...priorities innit? 😜)

Can't stomach the thought of a hot dinner so ill be popping to tesco tonight for some bread for a salad sandwich dinner i reckon?

Sci fi crush is Harrison Ford in blade runner,

Young Harrison Ford was my first crush since I loved star wars, indiana Jones and blade runner as a kid! (I think Natalie Portman in attack of the clones might have been my second 🤔 but I was a lot slower on the uptake there 😄)

I love sci fi and fantasy books/tv/films/video games!

edit: sorry to hear you too have been affected Silver, I hope it helps to hear that youre not alone and we're here to talk to whenever you need us ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Right back at you with Harrison Ford @Switchstreetz! TBH I don't think I'd say no now 🙈There is just something about him.

ETA: OK he's actually 78! Maybe I'd say 2005-era Harrison Ford is the line I'd draw 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Err, my sci fi crush is Damar from Star Trek DS9... So broody! So troubled! So (eventually) brave!

damar ds9.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Right back at you with Harrison Ford @Switchstreetz! TBH I don't think I'd say no now 🙈There is just something about him.

ETA: OK he's actually 78! Maybe I'd say 2005-era Harrison Ford is the line I'd draw 😂
I am going to stare at that gif for an embarrassingly long time 😄 you're right he just has that *something* about him!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Sci fi crush you say?

Edit: i wasn't expecting her to be saying that but seems apt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Hope the cloud lifts for you @Silver Linings ❤

I hate today, it's too bloody hot. I'm currently on a conference call (seem to spend half my life on them, let me do my work dammit!) sat in the (empty) bath as the cool ceramic is the only thing stopping me from having a heat-based strop. Mr Cow and I were googling where's cold at the moment and getting envious. Fraus - looks like we are moving to Iceland.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Hope the cloud lifts for you @Silver Linings ❤

I hate today, it's too bloody hot. I'm currently on a conference call (seem to spend half my life on them, let me do my work dammit!) sat in the (empty) bath as the cool ceramic is the only thing stopping me from having a heat-based strop. Mr Cow and I were googling where's cold at the moment and getting envious. Fraus - looks like we are moving to Iceland.
Still laughing at your curtains post from last night 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

I think the reason it goes round and round is the amount of new users, myself included, who haven’t read from thread 1. We don’t know the whole story from the start. Therefore we find out stuff and ask questions. I did read 31 but I haven’t read every thread.

i love a roast, apart from beef, with peas. I like HP, LOTR especially Aragon. I have no interest in GOT.

It is very hot today

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think the reason it goes round and round is the amount of new users, myself included, who haven’t read from thread 1. We don’t know the whole story from the start. Therefore we find out stuff and ask questions. I did read 31 but I haven’t read every thread.

i love a roast, apart from beef, with peas. I like HP, LOTR especially Aragon. I have no interest in GOT.

It is very hot today
I love a roast too. I could happily live on Yorkshire puds and gravy for the rest of my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I am alone this weekend, husband & kids have gone to visit the in-laws for the weekend. Bliss. They will all get spoiled there, fast food, watching television a lot while eating and scoffing lots of sweets, chocolate and swilling coca cola . I have quite a bit of work to catch up on, I can't imagine what on earth has distracted me this week 😉 ? Food? I will eat fresh fruit and salad and some nice homemade things from our stocked one freezer. PS This a foolproof website for lovely Turkish food I sometimes use Turkish Recipes ETA I hope those of you a bit under the weather feel a bit better after this hot and sunny weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.