Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not really that bothered if people mispronounce words. I speak a few languages. At least they are trying, as long as I understand what they mean. I am far more irritated if people insist one language is enough.
I agree to an extent (and tbh I find it's usually English speakers who have a really crappy attitude to learning other languages, even when living in non-English-speaking countries).

But on the other hand, someone who's never been to Colombia saying "BOH-guh-ta" is forgiveable; someone who lives there, hears natives pronouncing it correctly every day, and still says it that way is mind-boggling.

Reactions: 8
I can’t cope with the way Americans pronounce Notre Dame. Sorry to any stateside fraus, but... “noterr daym”? It comes up in films sometimes cos of the university over there with the same name, and I’m always like whyyyy.

ETA not a sci fi crush, but Colin Farrell is my ultimate fancy man. Hubba hubba
What about poor old Ian Hislop? Is he just chopped liver to you now?

Added: I love Colin in In Bruges.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Had a phone appointment with doc. Double anti-depressants. Hope they work.
Keep monitoring them. It can take some serious trial and error to get the right fit (and if you start having unwanted side effects, tell doc right away!!!). Once you get them right, though, they make a HUGE difference. Good luck

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Back to add Pierce Brosnan to my growing list of man crushes.

Would post a gif but I don't have the capabilities. Have I lost privileges?! *insert gif of pikachu shocked face*
I’ve got you

ETA never mind, you have gif access now! Still, can never have too many Pierce gifs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I have an irrational hatred for the way Americans pronounce "pasta" and "risotto".
One word: (h)ERBS 😬

I went with kebab in the end tonight. Still couldn't decide what I wanted so have a cheeseburger and a vegetarian kebab with a duck ton of salad ☺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Haha the famous Dear lord, what a sad little life Jane, You ruined my night completely just so you could have the money. “I hope now you will spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because you have all the grace of a reversing dump trunk without any tyres on. Take your money and get off my property.
Why do they never show that week anymore? The next statement will expose me for the saddo I am but I always have CDWM on the planner...and get annoyed that they just keep showing the same ones. Why? Why would they do that?

I need to see the end of the episode where they’re all standing in the street again while David Brent’s inside sulking that he didn’t win 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
We’ll agree to disagree here! Bearded is always best in my eyes (on all men, not just PB)
Hahaha, for me it depends...full hipster beard no, fancy goatee no, permanent five o'clock shadow yes please!

An ex once had a beard-trimming accident (he only had the one, no thinking ahead there) and had to shave fully and holy tit, I was so unattracted to his chin that I actually felt guilty. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Why do they never show that week anymore? The next statement will expose me for the saddo I am but I always have CDWM on the planner...and get annoyed that they just keep showing the same ones. Why? Why would they do that?

I need to see the end of the episode where they’re all standing in the street again while David Brent’s inside sulking that he didn’t win 😂
Someone dug it out of the archives and tweeted the best bits last week.
It was better than i remembered...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.