Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Beer in a work fridge! šŸ™€

Sending all the PND ā¤ā¤ā¤ Itā€™s awful.

Itā€™s good with a huge sprinkle of nutritional yeast!
The staff room at my daughter's school has a wine/beer fridge. It is meant for after school only, so hopefully they stick to that šŸ™€šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
The nickname chat šŸ„“

Tea last night was vegan shepherd's pie made by my other half. Was good but needed gravy (I would have veggie gravy with everything if I could).

Got a massive bag of spuds that need using up so I'm going to be bunging them in a curry/slinging them in a soup for freezing later.

Fraus I am so excited, I get to see my dear old da tomorrow after months and months! Have to meet outside in the cold but we're getting chips on the beach so he can watch Dustye Jnr run around and harass seagulls.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Mmmmmmmmm, doughnuts šŸ© šŸ© šŸ© I'll have been sugar free for a month on Sunday, I could happily sink my teeth into a bag of custard ones at the moment.

OKCupid gets the type of people it does partly because back in the day it was the only mainstream dating site that had an option for people looking for poly relationships and word quickly spread that it was the place to go for a decent chance of finding someone who wouldn't vanish when you said 'nonmonogamous relationship'.

• Heart
Frauen Iā€™m here for the donut chat. I think I might mish to m&s for cronuts this wkend as my treat.

I donā€™t think you can beat the 75p Bag of jam donuts from Sainsburyā€™s bakery if you hit on the right bakery dept! I have lashed a small fortune on the primo LDN offerings, I will put crosstown above donut time, and defo above bread ahead (who are fully Ā£6 for one iirc).

Iā€™m actually really glad you all mentioned the MT I thought I was being a bit awkward by finding something so off? I havenā€™t kept up as religiously as usual the last week or more and defo not engaged as itā€™s a bit.... strange?!

Sending love to all, esp mr @Flumps!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ah lads, I need to sound off and let the anxiety and racey head clear. I have my second interview today, to meet the other women on the team & see if we gel. The job is a 2yr apprenticeship so long term, its a great opportunity. I'm having proper second thoughts. Its a huge change. Im not sure I should have thrown myself at something full time after being a SAHM for 5 years. I'm thinking I should have stayed with part-time roles. Ive seen a couple jobs with better timings, that would allow me to get the kids in the afternoon and still do homework/dinner with them. šŸ˜¬ The OH is now unemployed (enough payout to cover us for 4/5 months if needed to), so I also feel more pressure to just go for anything. Ideally, itd be him FT and me PT.. but thats life innit. šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ
iā€™m pretty far behind so apologies if things have moved on since this post but I would just say, kindly, not to rule anything out until youā€™ve been offered the role. I say this to JamBoy a lot, from the place of an offer is the only time you can make a truly informed decision.

On a personal note, I absolutely think you should do it but this is because Iā€™m bossy and I think if your partner isnā€™t working at the moment, itā€™s an even more ideal time to focus on your career and what drives you.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Iā€™m actually really glad you all mentioned the MT I thought I was being a bit awkward by finding something so off? I havenā€™t kept up as religiously as usual the last week or more and defo not engaged as itā€™s a bit.... strange?!
I really hate that with all the mad, legitimately ridiculous tit she does, people STILL poke their heads up to give variations of, "but how does a lesbian have a child?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I really hate that with all the mad, legitimately ridiculous tit she does, people STILL poke their heads up to give variations of, "but how does a lesbian have a child?"

I honestly feel itā€™s a compulsion with them? Or worryingly, theyā€™re like ā€œlolololol these snowflakes are missing THE OBVIOUS - a biiirrddd... in.... TRAAAAAZERSā€

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
They have two price bands their normal and premium donuts, think for the premium it is Ā£35 for 6! I live near a store but sadly essentially shielding šŸ˜«

a colleague was OBSESSED with the matcha ones, Iā€™ve never tried it as surely it just tastes like tea?! Also didnā€™t know you were due to be married! Have you made plans? x
Ā£22 for six which is much more like it, and they deliver so the universe is obviously telling you something. Now I've found out you're shiedling and can't go out I definitely think you deserve doughnuts (like anyone should need an excuse!).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As a teenager I worked Saturday mornings and would always go to Sayers (our local bakery in the city) and get a pasty and a custard donut for lunch and then sleep on the sofa all afternoon.

Huge thanks for the online dating advice. I think I am a bit naĆÆve. I didnt date much before I got married so I am starting from scratch here! I do remember when my friends were OLD 10/15 years ago and men would say on their profile they were 6ft2 and turn up and be 5ft8 - there are many things you can lie about and get away with it but height isnt one of those things!

I usually have a morning grunka on the MT but not sure if I can face it given the comments above.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
As a teenager I worked Saturday mornings and would always go to Sayers (our local bakery in the city) and get a pasty and a custard donut for lunch and then sleep on the sofa all afternoon.

Huge thanks for the online dating advice. I think I am a bit naĆÆve. I didnt date much before I got married so I am starting from scratch here! I do remember when my friends were OLD 10/15 years ago and men would say on their profile they were 6ft2 and turn up and be 5ft8 - there are many things you can lie about and get away with it but height isnt one of those things!

I usually have a morning grunka on the MT but not sure if I can face it given the comments above.
I've found fewer liars than I excepted. There was one guy who ended it after a month because "my girlfriend nearly caught me last night" šŸ˜³ In fact, that was my first Tinder experience...not very inspiring.

I also had a date with a guy who I'm 99% sure lied about his age. All his pics showed him as a brunette, he was nearly full grey in real life. Generally a terrible date, though. He told me his favourite musicians were Backstreet Boys and Michael Buble, I actually laughed out loud until I realised he was serious. He also said that all culture in the world comes from Europe (I am South African, and grew up between there and Asia).

After a while he said, essentially, "Well now we have to decide where we're going." Then that sentence that every woman wants to hear: "I can't be home too late or I'll wake my parents." Despite this classic panty-dropper, I did not go home with him.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Donuts - Co Op croissā€™onuts are really nice, they have caramel inside šŸ¤¤ not sure if they are still sold as havenā€™t seen them recently?

Also the Lidl chocolate filled ones! A friend recommended them but failed to mention the filling shoots out onto your face with surprising force if youā€™re not careful. ā€œAh yes, Iā€™ve got a strategyā€ well thanks for sharing šŸ„“

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I love doughnuts. Coop ones are amazing. And vegan.

Morning all btw. Hope everyone is ok x

• Heart
I've found fewer liars than I excepted. There was one guy who ended it after a month because "my girlfriend nearly caught me last night" šŸ˜³ In fact, that was my first Tinder experience...not very inspiring.

I also had a date with a guy who I'm 99% sure lied about his age. All his pics showed him as a brunette, he was nearly full grey in real life. Generally a terrible date, though. He told me his favourite musicians were Backstreet Boys and Michael Buble, I actually laughed out loud until I realised he was serious. He also said that all culture in the world comes from Europe (I am South African, and grew up between there and Asia).

After a while he said, essentially, "Well now we have to decide where we're going." Then that sentence that every woman wants to hear: "I can't be home too late or I'll wake my parents." Despite this classic panty-dropper, I did not go home with him.
He sounds such a catch though....

We had chocolate glazed donuts for afternoon tea. Got to keep up with you lot šŸ˜‰

• Haha
a colleague was OBSESSED with the matcha ones, Iā€™ve never tried it as surely it just tastes like tea?! Also didnā€™t know you were due to be married! Have you made plans? x
It pretty much does just taste like tea, yeah! Iā€™m here for it, tho.

Yeah weā€™re bleeping off to the west coast of Scotland next year, just the two of us, then having a party the next weekend in our home city.

TBH weā€™re only having the party because my mum was doing a sad face that she wasnā€™t invited (to a bleeping elopement!!!) and I really wish we werenā€™t now. All my friends have been great responding but his have been a nightmare. His niece asked to bring a boyfriend weā€™ve never met despite her entire family being in attendance; his best mate asked if he could bring his two grown up (horrible) sons even tho we invited his mum, dad, both of his brothers and their wives, and the icing on the cake, another mate texted with ā€œplus one?ā€ (literally that, no niceties) and then the other day was on Facebook morning about how tit tinder is and he keeps getting sacked off. Partner had already said yes to a plus one because he wonā€™t know loads of people so looks like weā€™re gonna have some random scally bird at our party who we have to feed.

Sorry for that enormous rant and feel free to skip through it just had to get it off my chest haha. This was the entire reason we wanted to elope. Iā€™m just glad there are no seating plans or favours or speeches or tit like that. Iā€™d have a breakdown.

@Universal duck me, I love and miss Sayers. Sorry for Greggs blasphemy but their sausage rolls just donā€™t hold a candle to Sayers.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It pretty much does just taste like tea, yeah! Iā€™m here for it, tho.

Yeah weā€™re bleeping off to the west coast of Scotland next year, just the two of us, then having a party the next weekend in our home city.

TBH weā€™re only having the party because my mum was doing a sad face that she wasnā€™t invited (to a bleeping elopement!!!) and I really wish we werenā€™t now. All my friends have been great responding but his have been a nightmare. His niece asked to bring a boyfriend weā€™ve never met despite her entire family being in attendance; his best mate asked if he could bring his two grown up (horrible) sons even tho we invited his mum, dad, both of his brothers and their wives, and the icing on the cake, another mate texted with ā€œplus one?ā€ (literally that, no niceties) and then the other day was on Facebook morning about how tit tinder is and he keeps getting sacked off. Partner had already said yes to a plus one because he wonā€™t know loads of people so looks like weā€™re gonna have some random scally bird at our party who we have to feed.

Sorry for that enormous rant and feel free to skip through it just had to get it off my chest haha. This was the entire reason we wanted to elope. Iā€™m just glad there are no seating plans or favours or speeches or tit like that. Iā€™d have a breakdown.

@Universal duck me, I love and miss Sayers. Sorry for Greggs blasphemy but their sausage rolls just donā€™t hold a candle to Sayers.
omg congrats and this sounds LOVELY. What's happening to you re: party was exactly what happened to our wedding, it was ridiculous, even down to the Tinder thing? We got asked if his sister could have a +1 for one of TWO blokes she was chatting to on Tinder?! duck off!! She ended up getting uninvited for being vile, the other sister bought a partner as someone dropped out and he ended up having multiple other girlfriends?! Why would you turn up to someone's brother's wedding if you had multiple gfs?!! What is wrong with men! Just plan the day around you & what you want, duck everyone else and definitely don't spend crazy money, I really regret that.

Food hygiene fraus help me please - tl;dr is it bad to reheat sausages a day after? I usually do my husband a fake leon breakfast pot in the mornings of beans with 2 sausages cut up and mixed in. I usually cook the sausages, cut them up and cook them in the pan so they're all crispy, I heat the beans separately in the microwave, then mix the two. I'd rather cook the sausages the night before when I do dinner > allow to cool > mix with beans > leave it in the fridge > microwave the next day. Our microwave only goes to 750W because I wanted a retro looking one loool so it's actually technically tit, so I microwave it for 3.5 mins with a lil plate on top so I don't have to clean the splatter and it comes out alright? I won't kill him by cooking them the day before and then microwaving them will I?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
omg congrats and this sounds LOVELY. What's happening to you re: party was exactly what happened to our wedding, it was ridiculous, even down to the Tinder thing? We got asked if his sister could have a +1 for one of TWO blokes she was chatting to on Tinder?! duck off!! She ended up getting uninvited for being vile, the other sister bought a partner as someone dropped out and he ended up having multiple other girlfriends?! Why would you turn up to someone's brother's wedding if you had multiple gfs?!! What is wrong with men! Just plan the day around you & what you want, duck everyone else and definitely don't spend crazy money, I really regret that.

Food hygiene fraus help me please - tl;dr is it bad to reheat sausages a day after? I usually do my husband a fake leon breakfast pot in the mornings of beans with 2 sausages cut up and mixed in. I usually cook the sausages, cut them up and cook them in the pan so they're all crispy, I heat the beans separately in the microwave, then mix the two. I'd rather cook the sausages the night before when I do dinner > allow to cool > mix with beans > leave it in the fridge > microwave the next day. Our microwave only goes to 750W because I wanted a retro looking one loool so it's actually technically tit, so I microwave it for 3.5 mins with a lil plate on top so I don't have to clean the splatter and it comes out alright? I won't kill him by cooking them the day before and then microwaving them will I?
I do this all the time for my kids (microwave cooked meat) ... as long as you get it really hot in the microwave, should be fine?!

• Heart

Reheating should be fine. The main problems usually come from reheating the same food multiple times IYSWIM

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think this is a Scottish saying but whatā€™s meant for you will not pass you by
What's for you'll no go by you!
(I am on a major grunka, haven't been on this thread for days, been having a terrible week with the dog who has been both highly anxious because of the fireworks and displaying weird new behaviour like refusing to come through the front door after his walks and also who for the past couple of days has been very sick because, I assume, of some horrible thing he scavenged from the pavement).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I forgot about my favourite doughnut šŸ˜® from Voodoo Doughnuts in America, the Apple fritter. Looks a bit gross but tastes AMAZING.

Reheating will be fine @heretoreaditall2019 I reheat stuff like that it all the time! And rice which people always seem to panic about.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.