Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I forgot about my favourite doughnut 😮 from Voodoo Doughnuts in America, the Apple fritter. Looks a bit gross but tastes AMAZING.

Reheating will be fine @heretoreaditall2019 I reheat stuff like that it all the time! And rice which people always seem to panic about.
I saw that Voodoo doughnuts place on Man vs Food and fantasised about it. Those doughnuts look amaaaazing!

Reactions: 11
I saw that Voodoo doughnuts place on Man vs Food and fantasised about it. Those doughnuts look amaaaazing!
It’s where we first saw it too! When our holiday was cancelled this year my first thought was not being able to have another 😭

74B0702F-6BCE-40D4-80C9-91670C8117F3.jpeg

1D6C3CCF-E098-4493-A80B-2C4C0B729BAD.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
i’m pretty far behind so apologies if things have moved on since this post but I would just say, kindly, not to rule anything out until you’ve been offered the role. I say this to JamBoy a lot, from the place of an offer is the only time you can make a truly informed decision.

On a personal note, I absolutely think you should do it but this is because I’m bossy and I think if your partner isn’t working at the moment, it’s an even more ideal time to focus on your career and what drives you.
Thank you, lovely ❤ I'm always 100 steps ahead and thinking of issues that arent there or confirmed! You're right though, perfect time to focus on me! I'll find out on Monday so 🤞

I drank too much wine last night, got a right ropey head this morning! Off to do the food shopping soon and cant wait. Food shopping alone is a treat!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What's for you'll no go by you!
(I am on a major grunka, haven't been on this thread for days, been having a terrible week with the dog who has been both highly anxious because of the fireworks and displaying weird new behaviour like refusing to come through the front door after his walks and also who for the past couple of days has been very sick because, I assume, of some horrible thing he scavenged from the pavement).
Poor thing. I feel like one official night of fireworks should be enough. We had a very highly-strung border collie when I was young, and he used to panic so much, rip up bedding, tit himself...it was horrendous. We lived in a small village in England for a while, and dickheads would be setting fireworks off regularly. 😡 I hope your dog is feeling better soon!

Poor thing. I feel like one official night of fireworks should be enough. We had a very highly-strung border collie when I was young, and he used to panic so much, rip up bedding, tit himself...it was horrendous. We lived in a small village in England for a while, and dickheads would be setting fireworks off regularly. 😡 I hope your dog is feeling better soon!
Thank you. The fireworks are RIDICULOUS where I am, it's been, no joke, every single night for the past two weeks (apart from last night when the weather was terrible but even then, I heard a couple of bangs). And it'll go on for another month or so?? I thought it might be a bit quieter this year due to lockdown but if anything it seems to be worse. Where my flat is, you can hear them from way across the Clyde and the river just seems to carry the noise from every single area of the city! Dog is super anxious anyway, and anecdotally Romanian dogs (and I'm assuming dogs from various other countries) are also sensitive of them because they'll have had experience of gunshots. Obviously I have invented an entire backstory for my dog whereby he saw his mother and family shot dead etc because it's really like he goes into this catatonic, shaking state, like PTSD, he's got that thousand yard stare where he goes somewhere deep inside his head when he hears them, as though he's re-living something. Anyway I'm not taking him out for walks past about 4.30pm at night anymore as last week at 6pm they started while we were out, and he refused to come home and we had to go round to my mum's to get a lift back. ANYWAY sorry for rant, I could go on but I'll spare you! Oh just to say that I think you can get silent fireworks now so they should only sell them IMO, it's not just the dogs but the foxes and all sorts of other wildlife this affects and it makes October / November just a NIGHTMARE every year.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Omg thank you guys so much, I would have worried every day otherwise! I’m a pescatarian who grew up veggie so don’t really know what’s alright with meat, when I first started cooking it I’d often serve it up still raw 😂 Bon apetit babe x

On fireworks not a dog owning frau so this may be bullshit but apparently weighted blankets help? Agree if there are silent fireworks they should be the new industry standard, why would you keep the old ones?! Does anyone remember the 90s fireworks where you’d have sticky stuff in your hair after? I’ve not been to a small display since so not sure if that still happens?

The rag and bone man just drove past & I laughed to myself thinking what if Jack Monroe was driving his truck? I’ve lost it cos I genuinely laughed 🥴

• Haha
On fireworks not a dog owning frau so this may be bullshit but apparently weighted blankets help?
He's got a Thundershirt which is kind of like a weighted jacket thing for dogs, it basically swaddles them and applies weights at their pressure points or something and it does help to a certain extent but he's been so anxious this year that it's been a bit of a nightmare even trying to get it on him. Tonight I'll get him to put it *before* the fireworks start though, I think my mistake is forgetting about it until he's already in a panic.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Fireworks have been going off where I live for the past few weeks. Some have gone off this morning in the rain😲
I have a very anxious dog and he goes loopy every time one goes off, sets the other dog off barking as well☹

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I want that shitting train SO HARD. I was obsessed with making domino rally when I was a kid.

God, I have so much I could be getting on with, so many boxes to pack, but I am feeling overwhelmed by it all, and super tired and hurting. But we're on a tight timeline so have much guilt about not being productive while other half is worrying about it all in hospital too. This was supposed to be our productive week off.

I'm sat on the sofa watching domino videos on YouTube and drinking coffee.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I am here for the doughnut chat. I’m boring AF though and love basic sugared ring doughnuts. I’m not a fan of doughnuts with fillings. We went to Doughnut Time once and I can’t say I was massively impressed for the price of them.
🔺 When I was a teen I worked at the well-known doughnut shop Krusty Kupkakes as we called it. We were allowed to bring home boxes of them if they were about to be chucked. The novelty of eating endless doughnuts wore off after a couple of months.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I want that shitting train SO HARD. I was obsessed with making domino rally when I was a kid.

God, I have so much I could be getting on with, so many boxes to pack, but I am feeling overwhelmed by it all, and super tired and hurting. But we're on a tight timeline so have much guilt about not being productive while other half is worrying about it all in hospital too. This was supposed to be our productive week off.

I'm sat on the sofa watching domino videos on YouTube and drinking coffee.
Flumps if you're sore that's your body telling you to have a rest before you do yourself an injury, take a couple hours off and if you feel like you want to do something today maybe there are some lighter tasks on your jobs list that could be done with some music on this afternoon?

But for now have a lovely cuppa and a well deserved break :)

Eta: all i can think about atm is doughnuts. Just moved house and im now really close to the asda...the doughnuts are so close and would be the perfect unpacking snack...i must resist 😫

• Heart
I wouldn't stop talking to one just because you meet the other. Ultimately it's all personal preference and what you're comfortable with, there are no hard and fast rules.
slightly OT but I am always shocked people are allowed to launch fireworks by themselves, my extremely risk averse dad used to in our very small garden when we were very little but says he could never imagine doing so now. My cat isn't scared of them which actually makes me more nervous as she isn't bothered about being outside with them, I am probably going to have to keep her in every night from now until guy fawkes.
Anyone remember the ad about firework safety (from the 90s) with 2 girls who see a good looking guy from side on, then he turns around and half of his face was totally destroyed by fireworks?

Look at this domino madness:

It's got a pleasing ASMR feel to it too.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
This is fab but how would you even search for this in a shop? Just ask the assistant "hi im looking for a plastic train that shits out dominoes" ???
It’s the domino train, Amazon, smyths , very, littlewoods etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
You know the MT has gone full fash when they’re quibbling over military insignia...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.