Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Silver I'm fuming - MT has seemingly let in a trickle which is becoming a torrent of nasty, bigoted tory types in the past few weeks. Ugh ugh ugh.
A-bleeping-men. I’m a quiet type but i’ve been brewing for a while and may soon snap. The Hyacinths have infiltrated our funny thread. I hope journalists steer clear, it’s awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A-bleeping-men. I’m a quiet type but i’ve been brewing for a while and may soon snap. The Hyacinths have infiltrated our funny thread. I hope journalists steer clear, it’s awful.
I can't even with the gleeful thigh rubbing of fancying Giles Coren. Like 'oooh he's a bit naughty but I love that about him' - nope, he's a disgrace and just admit you're fine with lusting over a racist? You're not as edgy as you think - you just don't have morals.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I can't even with the gleeful thigh rubbing of fancying Giles Coren. Like 'oooh he's a bit naughty but I love that about him' - nope, he's a disgrace and just admit you're fine with lusting over a racist? You're not as edgy as you think - you just don't have morals.
I had to skip over those few pages early this morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's like being at a big birthday meal and your friend's slightly racist aunt keeps shouting over everyone about kids these days and making everyone else feel awkward

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It's like being at a big birthday meal and your friend's slightly racist aunt keeps shouting over everyone about kids these days and making everyone else feel awkward
Novak Nail on the head there. I often wonder if JM scoots past them too, knowing we don’t like it either so it’s not really the cabal.

Making anything yummy today, Blurst? In a vase, natch.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Novak Nail on the head there. I often wonder if JM scoots past them too, knowing we don’t like it either so it’s not really the cabal.

Making anything yummy today, Blurst? In a vase, natch.
she would love it if we were all like that, wouldn't she!

Ohhh not tonight but last night i fried squash in panko and stuffed them in homemade corn tortillas with lime crema, guac, jalapeño hot sauce, pickled shallots, pumpkin seeds and radishes and they were gooooood. I miss the lovely natural evening light of the summer!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Wait is this the gender stuff? I’m really bad I just skim over those things now cos I’m too tired to beef but love you fraus who do call it out so thank you. ❤❤❤

Ohhh not tonight but last night i fried squash in panko and stuffed them in homemade corn tortillas with lime crema, guac, jalapeño hot sauce, pickled shallots, pumpkin seeds and radishes and they were gooooood. I miss the lovely natural evening light of the summer!
Miguel will be proud of this, he’s always telling you to make tacos 😫 Miguel hun I don’t have time!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
The gender stuff fries my brain. I cant form a solid opinion on it. Theres so many layers to it, its a bit much. 🥴

OH and kids have gone out, I have a burrito on the way and going to distract myself until the interview!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The gender stuff fries my brain. I cant form a solid opinion on it. Theres so many layers to it, its a bit much. 🥴

OH and kids have gone out, I have a burrito on the way and going to distract myself until the interview!
each time you mention the gender thread, i feel the physical need to add something like "but don't look directly at it! it's terrible!" 🥴

enjoy your burrito and good luck! :giggle:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
To make a quick fish taco I use corn tortillas, fish fingers, bottled ranch dressing and chopped lettuce or cabbage, and lime juice if I have it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Oh wow this looks amazing!

I work in a very traditional male dominated industry and the blokes I work with are all open minded, lovely and kind. Listening to them trying desperately hard to talk about gender and not offend anyone gives me the second hand cringe.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Morning all. I'm ok. I went to bed like a sensible person and just as I was drifting off to sleep, partner rang me and we had a very brief chat (which was so good, just to hear him), but it woke me up all over again and I didn't sleep brilliantly afterwards. He'd got worse all through the afternoon, doctors were eventually called and I think some major pain relief given because he was a bit all over the place. Spoken again this morning, he's a bit better, but very, very down. I think all the pain he went through at the weekend completely wiped him out and he's just terrified when it comes back, even if it's not the same. He just sounds low on resources and like he's not coping well. Not sure if I will see him today, I want to, but I also want him more to just rest, rest, rest. We'll see how he goes. I am cleaning house like a madwoman, though just spoke to estate agent and sounds like the person may cancel the viewing because 'weather is bad'. I know they have no idea what is going on in my life, but I am a bit eye-rolly at that excuse as I've managed to get back here to get it sorted. Still, once it's clean I can leave it and if they get other viewings I don't have to worry about dashing back over the next few days.

Essay, sorry, also, very sad about my daughter. She's opting to stay with grandparents/aunt, because it's more fun than hanging out with me. I don't mind that at all, and I'm v grateful to my family for having her, and I don't think children should be emotional crutches for their parents, so if she can be off having a nice time atm I'm all for it. However, spoke to her earlier and she gave me a truck load of tit about not being able to tell her what's happening, and how I'm messing up some of her plans (though I'm not, if she arranges to see friends, my mum has already agreed to be her taxi service, I didn't get a chance to explain that to her). I don't want her to think she is bottom of my list, because she isn't, but it's like her head is completely full of her own stuff and like she thinks I don't care about her because my priority is temporarily elsewhere (and I know it's complicated because my partner is not her dad), though I am trying my best by proxy to make sure she's as undisturbed by this as possible. She is inflexible, naturally, but now I am worried I am being a dick to her, when I am really just trying to do my best.

God. I am whinging. I am so so sorry.
Gosh you’re really going through it, and on top of you not being on top form for a while either. Kids are just full of their own priorities they can’t help it but don’t think you’re doing her a disservice by not leaping to her every whim ok? 🥰 hugs x

Ah lads, I need to sound off and let the anxiety and racey head clear. I have my second interview today, to meet the other women on the team & see if we gel. The job is a 2yr apprenticeship so long term, its a great opportunity. I'm having proper second thoughts. Its a huge change. Im not sure I should have thrown myself at something full time after being a SAHM for 5 years. I'm thinking I should have stayed with part-time roles. Ive seen a couple jobs with better timings, that would allow me to get the kids in the afternoon and still do homework/dinner with them. 😬 The OH is now unemployed (enough payout to cover us for 4/5 months if needed to), so I also feel more pressure to just go for anything. Ideally, itd be him FT and me PT.. but thats life innit. 🤯🤯🤯
Ahh it’s natural what a huge commitment and change but also what a huge opportunity! If it didn’t work out, you can always walk away x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.