Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh, I remember watching something with Gunther Von Hagens in... he’s definitely enthusiastic!

Reactions: 6
Teeth... 😬

Always just makes me think of...

Hope you're feeling better this morning @Flumps!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
does anyone else think teeth are kinda gross? you know how some people hate feet? I feel the same about teeth. even the word makes me feel 🥴

and they're always wet makes me think of when I read a post on reddit pointing out that your bones are always wet 🥴
I'll spook you out by saying my dad was a dentist, and a million years ago (pre children) my mother was a dental nurse. He was too honest to be a rich one though, alas, and when not at work was shabby looking to the point a charitable lady offered him some free bread once 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Teeth... 😬

Always just makes me think of...

Hope you're feeling better this morning @Flumps!

WHY DID I OPEN THAT??? on work pc and all 🥴

i honestly don't mind bodies and stuff and i liked gunther von hagen's stuff on telly a few years ago, but teeth - NO.

@Breakdance Badass reddit - like you say, it's a rabbit hole. you just kinda look up what you're interested in, then more and more sub reddits reveal themselves.

@Flumps hope you're doing ok this morning. x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Morning all. I'm ok. I went to bed like a sensible person and just as I was drifting off to sleep, partner rang me and we had a very brief chat (which was so good, just to hear him), but it woke me up all over again and I didn't sleep brilliantly afterwards. He'd got worse all through the afternoon, doctors were eventually called and I think some major pain relief given because he was a bit all over the place. Spoken again this morning, he's a bit better, but very, very down. I think all the pain he went through at the weekend completely wiped him out and he's just terrified when it comes back, even if it's not the same. He just sounds low on resources and like he's not coping well. Not sure if I will see him today, I want to, but I also want him more to just rest, rest, rest. We'll see how he goes. I am cleaning house like a madwoman, though just spoke to estate agent and sounds like the person may cancel the viewing because 'weather is bad'. I know they have no idea what is going on in my life, but I am a bit eye-rolly at that excuse as I've managed to get back here to get it sorted. Still, once it's clean I can leave it and if they get other viewings I don't have to worry about dashing back over the next few days.

Essay, sorry, also, very sad about my daughter. She's opting to stay with grandparents/aunt, because it's more fun than hanging out with me. I don't mind that at all, and I'm v grateful to my family for having her, and I don't think children should be emotional crutches for their parents, so if she can be off having a nice time atm I'm all for it. However, spoke to her earlier and she gave me a truck load of tit about not being able to tell her what's happening, and how I'm messing up some of her plans (though I'm not, if she arranges to see friends, my mum has already agreed to be her taxi service, I didn't get a chance to explain that to her). I don't want her to think she is bottom of my list, because she isn't, but it's like her head is completely full of her own stuff and like she thinks I don't care about her because my priority is temporarily elsewhere (and I know it's complicated because my partner is not her dad), though I am trying my best by proxy to make sure she's as undisturbed by this as possible. She is inflexible, naturally, but now I am worried I am being a dick to her, when I am really just trying to do my best.

God. I am whinging. I am so so sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Over the past few weeks I was struggling to be interested in food - I used to love to cook but I just could not be arsed cooking for me alone when the kids were at their dads. I am also in T3 so avoiding shops etc so not a great variety in the fridge. I had to have a word with myself so I have a Hello Fresh delivery every two weeks and have batch cooked decent meals and frozen them so I always have something nice in if I cant be bothered to cook. Breakfast I usually skip and I needed to get out of this bad habit. I bought some FANCY whipped honey and cinnamon butter from M&S and had it with a bagel this morning and it was lovely. I am cooking one of the soups recommended on here for lunch and will report back!

Morning all. I'm ok. I went to bed like a sensible person and just as I was drifting off to sleep, partner rang me and we had a very brief chat (which was so good, just to hear him), but it woke me up all over again and I didn't sleep brilliantly afterwards. He'd got worse all through the afternoon, doctors were eventually called and I think some major pain relief given because he was a bit all over the place. Spoken again this morning, he's a bit better, but very, very down. I think all the pain he went through at the weekend completely wiped him out and he's just terrified when it comes back, even if it's not the same. He just sounds low on resources and like he's not coping well. Not sure if I will see him today, I want to, but I also want him more to just rest, rest, rest. We'll see how he goes. I am cleaning house like a madwoman, though just spoke to estate agent and sounds like the person may cancel the viewing because 'weather is bad'. I know they have no idea what is going on in my life, but I am a bit eye-rolly at that excuse as I've managed to get back here to get it sorted. Still, once it's clean I can leave it and if they get other viewings I don't have to worry about dashing back over the next few days.

Essay, sorry, also, very sad about my daughter. She's opting to stay with grandparents/aunt, because it's more fun than hanging out with me. I don't mind that at all, and I'm v grateful to my family for having her, and I don't think children should be emotional crutches for their parents, so if she can be off having a nice time atm I'm all for it. However, spoke to her earlier and she gave me a truck load of tit about not being able to tell her what's happening, and how I'm messing up some of her plans (though I'm not, if she arranges to see friends, my mum has already agreed to be her taxi service, I didn't get a chance to explain that to her). I don't want her to think she is bottom of my list, because she isn't, but it's like her head is completely full of her own stuff and like she thinks I don't care about her because my priority is temporarily elsewhere (and I know it's complicated because my partner is not her dad), though I am trying my best by proxy to make sure she's as undisturbed by this as possible. She is inflexible, naturally, but now I am worried I am being a dick to her, when I am really just trying to do my best.

Glad you got to speak to him, I hope that was reassuring. I know its a cliché but I think in this situation it all about taking one day at a time.

Cancelling the viewing because the weather is bad is a tit excuse at the best of times, so I can see why today of all days it has annoyed you.

How old is your daughter? I only ask as if she is a teen you might be at the stage of not being able to do right from wrong. God I look back at my behaviour towards my loving parents who done everything they could for me with such shame. Take care of yourself today.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh @Flumps . Wish I could hug you right now!
That saying ‘this too shall pass’ is worthless when you’re in the eye of the storm, isn’t it.

Teenagers are largely self-absorbed, it’s their MO (saying this with an an almost-teen) you’ll sort it when you get a chance. Your other half at least is in the right place in terms of medical attention, but hospitals are such surreal, miserable places I’m not surprised he feels a little overwhelmed with it all. Hopefully he will get some more rest today.

You’re under a lot of stress, worry and pressure. The main thing is to look after yourself as much as you can X x

• Heart
Reactions: 23
@Flumps it sounds stressful all round. I hope things ease off a bit for you!

The bagel sounds delicious @Universal

Just had Domino's for tea. The app was slightly stalkerish, telling us facts about our driver, and sending a photo of our pizzas 😂 Was nice enough, but definitely not going to be a regular thing

• Heart
  • Haha

No you’re not! Do not apologise you are getting it off your chest and unmuddling your thoughts.

canal are channelling healing vibes

• Heart
Ah lads, I need to sound off and let the anxiety and racey head clear. I have my second interview today, to meet the other women on the team & see if we gel. The job is a 2yr apprenticeship so long term, its a great opportunity. I'm having proper second thoughts. Its a huge change. Im not sure I should have thrown myself at something full time after being a SAHM for 5 years. I'm thinking I should have stayed with part-time roles. Ive seen a couple jobs with better timings, that would allow me to get the kids in the afternoon and still do homework/dinner with them. 😬 The OH is now unemployed (enough payout to cover us for 4/5 months if needed to), so I also feel more pressure to just go for anything. Ideally, itd be him FT and me PT.. but thats life innit. 🤯🤯🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ah lads, I need to sound off and let the anxiety and racey head clear. I have my second interview today, to meet the other women on the team & see if we gel. The job is a 2yr apprenticeship so long term, its a great opportunity. I'm having proper second thoughts. Its a huge change. Im not sure I should have thrown myself at something full time after being a SAHM for 5 years. I'm thinking I should have stayed with part-time roles. Ive seen a couple jobs with better timings, that would allow me to get the kids in the afternoon and still do homework/dinner with them. 😬 The OH is now unemployed (enough payout to cover us for 4/5 months if needed to), so I also feel more pressure to just go for anything. Ideally, itd be him FT and me PT.. but thats life innit. 🤯🤯🤯
After two years full time would it give you more opportunities than the part time work you've seen? And would you be able to transfer what you've gained in those two years to a part time position that might suit you more?

Just remember that there was something that drew you to that job in the first place, and you seemed really excited after the first interview.

Good luck for later.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
After two years full time would it give you more opportunities than the part time work you've seen? And would you be able to transfer what you've gained in those two years to a part time position that might suit you more?

Just remember that there was something that drew you to that job in the first place, and you seemed really excited after the first interview.

Good luck for later.
Its a great opportunity, and could lead to a career. Its just the knot of anxiety about change 😱 I use to treat work like my baby. I loved working and I do miss it. Its just that change in priorities now with kids and the balancing act.

I did actually want to look at getting into family support work, but thats also restudying and I cant afford those fees 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Good luck. Being a SAHM is a full time job so this is no different. Maybe this is an opportunity for your partner to go part time and do the pick ups? Once you are in the role if its too much maybe ask to drop a day - you have the right to ask for flexible working. I work full time and when I was office based I negotiated working from home two days so I could do drop off and collection. After two years of this experience maybe go part time? Fingers crossed x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Good luck. Being a SAHM is a full time job so this is no different. Maybe this is an opportunity for your partner to go part time and do the pick ups? Once you are in the role if its too much maybe ask to drop a day - you have the right to ask for flexible working. I work full time and when I was office based I negotiated working from home two days so I could do drop off and collection. After two years of this experience maybe go part time? Fingers crossed x
Thank you ❤

Its so daunting! After a rough 3yrs with PND, i got into a rhythm with the kids and now theyre both in school full time, it was that sense of freedom 🤣

Its 4 days at work (potentially wfh at times), and 1 at college so dropping a day wont be an option I think. I may be able to start later to do drop off, which is something! Pick up isnt an option. My OH has much more recent experience and scope to earn more, but I am going to discuss with him the option of PT. I have control issues as it is, this is a real test 🥴😂

• Heart
Thank you ❤

Its so daunting! After a rough 3yrs with PND, i got into a rhythm with the kids and now theyre both in school full time, it was that sense of freedom 🤣

Its 4 days at work (potentially wfh at times), and 1 at college so dropping a day wont be an option I think. I may be able to start later to do drop off, which is something! Pick up isnt an option. My OH has much more recent experience and scope to earn more, but I am going to discuss with him the option of PT. I have control issues as it is, this is a real test 🥴😂
It sounds pretty perfect to me, especially the flexibility. I find on the days I work from home its great to be able to put a wash on or throw something in the slow cooker for tea. Sounds like this is just what to need to become you again after PND. I am sure youll make it work for you as a family.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It sounds pretty perfect to me, especially the flexibility. I find on the days I work from home its great to be able to put a wash on or throw something in the slow cooker for tea. Sounds like this is just what to need to become you again after PND. I am sure youll make it work for you as a family.
My OH keeps looking at me and laughing, apparently I look terrified 🤣 I'm not good with change. Thank you though ❤ helps to get others thoughts!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

❤❤❤❤ agree with poca I wish I could give you a hug! Remember you are only one woman and there is only so much you can fit into your day/week, at the moment your partner is the metaphorical house fire so it’s normal that you’re putting all your resources on that for the minute. Teenagers are hormonal chaoses, she’s probably resentful at the moment but a few days with her nan being spoilt she’ll be having the time of her life (she won’t think to update you on this, obviously...!) so do not worry. No one has been traumatised because they’ve had to go to their nans for a few days! And really glad partner is on better pain medication, he’ll be having a much more pleasant time for it but a lot of them do conk you out, he probably won’t remember most of his stay!

@Begborrowsteal sending you mega mega good luck for today!! Just see how you feel, even if you get offered it it doesn’t mean you’re not obliged to take it so don’t let that stress you, just focus on your interview which you’ll be brilliant at! But remember you can always negotiate your times as a lot of employers (especially post covid!!) are being far more flexible. You could even asked for a phased return to work too! Also firm believer in life that things always work out better even if it’s not what you’d originally anticipated!

❤❤❤❤❤ sending lots of coven love!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I came on to release a frustrated scream about the MT but just going to try and transmit good vibes to our little coven. Maybe Jack has cast a spell on us. Love you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I came on to release a frustrated scream about the MT but just going to try and transmit good vibes to our little coven. Maybe Jack has cast a spell on us. Love you all.
Silver I'm fuming - MT has seemingly let in a trickle which is becoming a torrent of nasty, bigoted tory types in the past few weeks. Ugh ugh ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.