Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Flumps don't be afraid to call them if you've not heard, sometimes having sharp elbows and being a pest can pay off, and they'll know that the situation is so weird atm that partners/family etc need to know what's happening as it's happening.

We used an Amawrap that I think you can use until they're toddlers, although we now use a structured one - I think it's an Ergo Baby? - we found for a bargain on Facebook Marketplace. He loves riding on our backs like a baby chimp now.

Did my spoiler work?!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
@Alansbigplate - I'm loving seeing you cook, it's so cool.

@emm - so sorry about your job news, this year just bleeping sucks doesn't it?

Flumps house is not good this evening. Sorry for the drama. Took partner back to hospital for appointment today after GP made appointment for him after he talked to her this morning as wasn't getting any better. Getting him there took an hour (for a 10 min journey) because he was in so much pain. Could barely talk to doctor he saw in clinic (extended GP service). His BP and heart rate were insane. Got sent straight back to A&E for more tests/bloods/possible IV for pain and hydration. I've had to leave him there, as can't go in, so no idea if he has any of those things yet. He is the most stoic person I know and he could barely speak for the pain, and was almost in tears (never seen him cry before) from it too. I'm home now, and just waiting. Am a bit worried now, though maybe I am just not used to seeing him like this, and feeling a bit alone. Hah, woe is me right? He's the one really suffering here.

ETA: what is everyone up to this evening? Feel like I need some normal life distraction if y'all(!) don't mind.
So sorry @Flumps it must be so frustrating seeing him in pain and not being able to be with him xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
big love to you @Flumps

so far this evening, I've beaten both teams at their walls on only connect and I'm just waiting to get something right on university challenge 🙂
I love Only Connect. I am the bleeping queen of the missing vowels round. The walls are my least good round. I am no good at Uni Challenge, because I'm all fluffy arts and humanities and can't do any of the science, so just sit around waiting for a 19th century literature or philosophy question.

• Heart
@Alansbigplate - I'm loving seeing you cook, it's so cool.

@emm - so sorry about your job news, this year just bleeping sucks doesn't it?

Flumps house is not good this evening. Sorry for the drama. Took partner back to hospital for appointment today after GP made appointment for him after he talked to her this morning as wasn't getting any better. Getting him there took an hour (for a 10 min journey) because he was in so much pain. Could barely talk to doctor he saw in clinic (extended GP service). His BP and heart rate were insane. Got sent straight back to A&E for more tests/bloods/possible IV for pain and hydration. I've had to leave him there, as can't go in, so no idea if he has any of those things yet. He is the most stoic person I know and he could barely speak for the pain, and was almost in tears (never seen him cry before) from it too. I'm home now, and just waiting. Am a bit worried now, though maybe I am just not used to seeing him like this, and feeling a bit alone. Hah, woe is me right? He's the one really suffering here.

ETA: what is everyone up to this evening? Feel like I need some normal life distraction if y'all(!) don't mind.
Don't beat yourself up for feeling crappy for yourself in what's an ultimately tit situation, it's more than allowed, especially right now when covid makes it so much more difficult to know what's happening. Hopefully you'll have news soon and things will start getting better.

In normal life news, I've just pigged out on brioche bread and butter pudding with custard (all courtesy of M&S gastropub because, well, lazy) while I watched the Masterchef Australia final which I always think puts our masterchefs to shame.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Flumps don't be afraid to call them if you've not heard, sometimes having sharp elbows and being a pest can pay off, and they'll know that the situation is so weird atm that partners/family etc need to know what's happening as it's happening.
I did get a bit pointy armed while booking him in at Reception, because I needed them to understand he wasn't being a drama queen about the pain. I felt so bad about it I went and bought chocolates while getting petrol on the way back here, so when I have to go back I can give them to reception staff for putting up with me, though I was very polite and kept apologising for my persistence while persisting. Who knows if they are even allowed to take such things, but I had major guilt for not being all stiff upper lip about things.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Also, sorry for going on, how long is it reasonable to wait before I ring the A&E dept to ask what is happening to him? I messaged him an hour ago and have heard nothing from him and he's not read the message. Last time he kept me up to date, but I guess he's too out of it now to do that, but I know I can't go bothering the busy people too soon. Oh man, I appear to be in a mess tonight.

Oh, I will have to look at The Bridge. I watched an episode of The Bidding Room earlier for the first time and was *fascinated*. I think we probs have v similar taste in easy to watch TV.
It’s difficult to say, isn’t their own target within 6 hours, so unfortunately probably at least that? Then again with covid he’ll probably get seen quicker, it’s an impossible question. Maybe try 3 hours as a midway point? He may end up on a ward and I’m not sure if A&E know that info so try to get through to surgical assessment as that’s where they took me when I went in through A&E, then got put into ob gyn so for him whatever the tummy department is called if he’s not in SA? I’m so sorry this is happening though, especially during covid :(

I love light hearted TV! Made in Chelsea is also actually okay this season too. Also Molly Mae’s YouTube vlog isn’t that bad. I also watch this weird Texan oil wife & entrepreneur’s YT channel she’s called Theresa Roehmer and has the worlds biggest closet, she’s kind of ghastly but I’m endlessly fascinated?? And IKEA furniture upcycling hacks on YouTube too, there’s this nice calming American boy called Lone Fox. I don’t make any of it but he’s just so pleasant?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I did get a bit pointy armed while booking him in at Reception, because I needed them to understand he wasn't being a drama queen about the pain. I felt so bad about it I went and bought chocolates while getting petrol on the way back here, so when I have to go back I can give them to reception staff for putting up with me, though I was very polite and kept apologising for my persistence while persisting. Who knows if they are even allowed to take such things, but I had major guilt for not being all stiff upper lip about things.
Oh don’t worry they see and hear it all and you’re right to advocate for someone x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
yikes, sorry @Flumps my fart post dropped in at an inappropriate moment ..
so sorry to hear about what you and your other half are going through! How very tit and worrying. ❤

• Heart
yikes, sorry @Flumps my fart post dropped in at an inappropriate moment ..
so sorry to hear about what you and your other half are going through! How very tit and worrying. ❤
Well, fart related stuff does tend to happen at the most inappropriate time, so it does seem appropriate. ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I love Only Connect. I am the bleeping queen of the missing vowels round. The walls are my least good round. I am no good at Uni Challenge, because I'm all fluffy arts and humanities and can't do any of the science, so just sit around waiting for a 19th century literature or philosophy question.
I got one! I heard the words "indigenous tennis player" and just went "evonne goolagong!" (yes, I had to check the spelling there)

and I love missing vowels too! we'll have to have a massive round of it if we ever have a frau meet up 😊

massive hugs and I hope everything gets better for you and your partner really soon ❤

eta I've done my time on reception at the hospital dept where I work and honestly, don't worry about how you may have been perceived xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
I've been diagnosed with diabetes today, so feeling v down in the dumps about my future food prospects. 😭
You will be ok. Oxford _Boy is type 1 and we eat ok sending hugs xx

@Flumps sending love 💕

My spiced carrot and lentil soup we had for lunch yesterday whilst very tasty was certainly interesting today No farting but much bowel action !!!

Night night darling canal

wishing you all sweet dreams and toddlers that sleep through the night

sending love to all those worried and sad tonight. You’re not alone whilst this forum is here x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I got 6 correct on Uni Challenge, husband was seething!

@Flumps I think you should phone, they can only say they can’t tell you so just phone. Good luck x

• Heart
@Flumps just about to drift off and thought of you, tit repetitive phone games are also really soothing and a good time suck? You can play uno on Facebook messenger or this game called cooking craze (attached the logo) is really easy and there’s no need to buy in game credits. I used to play it in the work loos just for 5 mins to myself 😂

Attachments

• Heart
Hope you and mr flumps are okay @Flumps. Fingers crossed you get some positive news/they get to the bottom of it.
My preferred form of distraction is whacking an old favourite audio book on and playing something stupid like solitaire or the 2048 game. Little Women, Harry Potter, Jeeves & Wooster and Northern Lights have got me through a lot in the last few years. Xx

• Heart
Still heard nothing. Dum-de-dum. Was all ready to call dept, but then saw he'd read my couple of messages and was typing a reply (this is like a really tit version of when you have a crush on someone and are first texting isn't it?) but then no reply came, and now nothing. Giving it a bit longer, then will call A&E.

Also got to stop drinking coffee now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I have got myself an update. MrF texted. He got seen really quickly, but was taken v ill (spare you the details) almost as soon as he got through triage. Got seen after that by surgical team who did lots of tests and asked him 'why he waited so long' to come in. COVID no visitor rules have spared them my potentially sarcastic reply to that question. He's feeling better after some meds, but being admitted overnight to start with for obs and presumably some sort of diagnosis. Am just working out whether I can drop stuff off for him. Not on ward yet as waiting for COVID test.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I have got myself an update. MrF texted. He got seen really quickly, but was taken v ill (spare you the details) almost as soon as he got through triage. Got seen after that by surgical team who did lots of tests and asked him 'why he waited so long' to come in. COVID no visitor rules have spared them my potentially sarcastic reply to that question. He's feeling better after some meds, but being admitted overnight to start with for obs and presumably some sort of diagnosis. Am just working out whether I can drop stuff off for him. Not on ward yet as waiting for COVID test.
Oh god. What a night for you both ❤ Huge hug.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.