Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love leek & potato soup. Mind sharing the recipe? I tried THAT MAN’S one from his Ministry of Food book but it came out super watery. Yours looks lovely.
I didn’t properly use one so it’s liable to be rather Jack! I screenshot this one and had some of the stuff to hand but not everything in this recipe so just whacked it in but the principle was kind of the same!? It’s rather mashed potatoe-y my one
48EE31EF-556B-4A6B-90AC-B5D525B6A258.png
F7111875-5514-4233-AE3E-C084B58A40AC.png

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Alansbigplate - loving all your new-found cooking skills. I've just grunked through the weekend and your shepherd's pie (or was it cottage) looks yummers.

I'm totally behind on the bread-making chat but I don't have a machine - they do seem to be enormous and I know I'd want a Kitchenaid (fancy) if I could afford it / had space.

I managed to get hold of a sourdough starter at the beginning of lockdown and I have a fool-proof no knead recipe that I just make in a pyrex bowl. I also have a no knead normal dough recipe as well which you just make with yeast...it's actually pretty easy with the right recipe.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have just had bad news about my job (probably will be made redundant :( and have my period) so I think my lunch will be super unhealthy oven chips and quorn nuggets... maybe with a salad (maybe)
Aww no I’m so sorry ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't just eat beige and crisps 😎

pasta and chorizo and a just right amount of parmesan, on the sofa cos mondays suck even when you're not at work 🙂

20201026_200121.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't just eat beige and crisps 😎

pasta and chorizo and a just right amount of parmesan, on the sofa cos mondays suck even when you're not at work 🙂

View attachment 288904
Sounds and looks delicious! The perfect amount of cheese 👌
I made some leek and potato soup today from scratch and it turned out pretty good!
View attachment 288778
Alan sorry i dont think I've directly said it to you but youve made some fantastic looking food lately, that cottage pie looked like a hug on a plate :love: lush to see you having your renaissance 💕 (now duck off you scampering little maverick thankyou :cool:)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've been diagnosed with diabetes today, so feeling v down in the dumps about my future food prospects. 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
@Alansbigplate - I'm loving seeing you cook, it's so cool.

@emm - so sorry about your job news, this year just bleeping sucks doesn't it?

Flumps house is not good this evening. Sorry for the drama. Took partner back to hospital for appointment today after GP made appointment for him after he talked to her this morning as wasn't getting any better. Getting him there took an hour (for a 10 min journey) because he was in so much pain. Could barely talk to doctor he saw in clinic (extended GP service). His BP and heart rate were insane. Got sent straight back to A&E for more tests/bloods/possible IV for pain and hydration. I've had to leave him there, as can't go in, so no idea if he has any of those things yet. He is the most stoic person I know and he could barely speak for the pain, and was almost in tears (never seen him cry before) from it too. I'm home now, and just waiting. Am a bit worried now, though maybe I am just not used to seeing him like this, and feeling a bit alone. Hah, woe is me right? He's the one really suffering here.

ETA: what is everyone up to this evening? Feel like I need some normal life distraction if y'all(!) don't mind.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I second @Dustye suggestion of a sling @heretoreaditall2019. My second baby would not be left alone for a moment without completely losing her tit. I felt like I couldn’t do anything until I got a sling. My independence increased once she was around 6 months and we bought a second hand Circle of Neglect aka Jumperoo, which was amazing and let me finally do things without being attached to a baby.

Sorry for your crappy news @emm ❤

On topic... had a KFC boneless banquet for lunch after a woodland walk with the kids.
My IBS hated me for it. I wish I had the willpower to stop eating all my trigger foods but then I’d probably be left with nothing to eat. How can my body hate potatoes?!
which slings do you guys have please? I have the baby ktan the pre wrapped cloth one which she loved as a newborn, but our problem is she’s the size of an average 6 month old so she’s heaaavy. I was going to get the baby bjorn structured ones but have heard babies either love or hate them which has made me procrastinate actually purchasing one!

@EddieBeds so glad you got some sleep!! I love hearing your updates it’s so comforting tbh, and thank you re thumb I’m still traumatised 😫 funnily she’s absolutely fine with being left alone now thank god, she’ll fall asleep in her electronic swinger or lying down on sofa (I’m always next to her so she doesn’t roll), even at night. The first 5-ish weeks were legit torture where she wouldn’t though, and I’d have nightmares like yours where I was just constantly sleep deprived! Once you get solid blocks of sleep again that’ll stop, I’ve not had one in weeks.

omg could you imagine all these cute thread babies hanging out with each other 🥰 although when baby met another baby she was more interested in the ceiling than her fellow tiny being 😫

For dinner did the Miguel Smokey mackerel taco! Inspired by @Alansbigplate and sharing a pic, I added a guac I made myself after the pic cos otherwise it would have just been a green pic. Didn’t have spring onions so cut up some iceberg lettuce as a ~maverick~ watery crunch. Ngl just ate this with chips.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I've been diagnosed with diabetes today, so feeling v down in the dumps about my future food prospects. 😭
This is tit, as is all of 2020, the only good thing is that there are more options for different diets now (although from what I know diabetes is still quite difficult) ❤ I wish you all the best (sorry I cannot be of more/any help)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sending my love to the @Flumps household, im tidying up this evening (no filing cabinets) after my fun trip going to asda and sorting out this week's meals, but also plotting to make slow cooker mulled wine 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Flumps house is not good this evening. Sorry for the drama. Took partner back to hospital for appointment today after GP made appointment for him after he talked to her this morning as wasn't getting any better. Getting him there took an hour (for a 10 min journey) because he was in so much pain. Could barely talk to doctor he saw in clinic (extended GP service). His BP and heart rate were insane. Got sent straight back to A&E for more tests/bloods/possible IV for pain and hydration. I've had to leave him there, as can't go in, so no idea if he has any of those things yet. He is the most stoic person I know and he could barely speak for the pain, and was almost in tears (never seen him cry before) from it too. I'm home now, and just waiting. Am a bit worried now, though maybe I am just not used to seeing him like this, and feeling a bit alone. Hah, woe is me right? He's the one really suffering here.

ETA: what is everyone up to this evening? Feel like I need some normal life distraction if y'all(!) don't mind.
Omg my love I’m so sorry! He’s being well looked after and is probably in a cosy bed, hopefully drifting in / out of sleep ❤ You’ll here from him soon, but please keep us updated?!

Normal life things - I promise I’m not in a The Bridge MLM but it will absorb you, we need to see this bridge get made!! That and the bidding room, don’t know where they find the people that go on but just some really bizarre people / objects / stories. Also listening to this podcast (TW - true crime) which is narrated by the victim’s sister, but the dad killed the sister and possibly the mum?! And the whole family know but nothing’s ever been proven, the dad went to prison for an attempted domestic terrorist attack though. I’m constantly like 🥴 wtf is this story? If all else fails there’s a YouTube video of a DLR ride to bank which is quite soothing x

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Also, sorry for going on, how long is it reasonable to wait before I ring the A&E dept to ask what is happening to him? I messaged him an hour ago and have heard nothing from him and he's not read the message. Last time he kept me up to date, but I guess he's too out of it now to do that, but I know I can't go bothering the busy people too soon. Oh man, I appear to be in a mess tonight.

Omg my love I’m so sorry! He’s being well looked after and is probably in a cosy bed, hopefully drifting in / out of sleep ❤ You’ll here from him soon, but please keep us updated?!

Normal life things - I promise I’m not in a The Bridge MLM but it will absorb you, we need to see this bridge get made!! That and the bidding room, don’t know where they find the people that go on but just some really bizarre people / objects / stories. Also listening to this podcast (TW - true crime) which is narrated by the victim’s sister, but the dad killed the sister and possibly the mum?! And the whole family know but nothing’s ever been proven, the dad went to prison for an attempted domestic terrorist attack though. I’m constantly like 🥴 wtf is this story? If all else fails there’s a YouTube video of a DLR ride to bank which is quite soothing x
Oh, I will have to look at The Bridge. I watched an episode of The Bidding Room earlier for the first time and was *fascinated*. I think we probs have v similar taste in easy to watch TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
what is everyone up to this evening? Feel like I need some normal life distraction if y'all(!) don't mind.

big love to you @Flumps

so far this evening, I've beaten both teams at their walls on only connect and I'm just waiting to get something right on university challenge 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 8

:( I hope they are better soon... hospital issues atm are so awful (as if they are not bad normally)
so I am a cat person, I am not sure if you are... but is this a good distraction?
;

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sounds and looks delicious! The perfect amount of cheese 👌

Alan sorry i dont think I've directly said it to you but youve made some fantastic looking food lately, that cottage pie looked like a hug on a plate :love: lush to see you having your renaissance 💕 (now duck off you scampering little maverick thankyou :cool:)
Extra points for not serving it in a bedpan :p. Looks tasty!
Thanks mates! I’m off on half term so got some time and was determined to feed SG better since I’ve managed to feed myself better recently. Can’t pour from an empty cup I guess

Sorry to hear your diagnosis lovely ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.