Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I excelled myself today - made a vegetable soup with pre-shopping trip left over veg and a crumble using a bag of frozen mixed berries and custard (proper custard courtesy of Birds powder).
As I haven’t eaten much for a while (depression), I now feel stuffed. Kids in the same state!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I excelled myself today - made a vegetable soup with pre-shopping trip left over veg and a crumble using a bag of frozen mixed berries and custard (proper custard courtesy of Birds powder).
As I haven’t eaten much for a while (depression), I now feel stuffed. Kids in the same state!
That sounds lush proper comforting but also filling and nutritious. Totally know what you mean about the struggle so well done ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Good night 💤🌙 darling canal

May your gondolas steer you to calmer waters and your dreams be sweet

Thank you for the friendship on here xx

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Morning willie mash fraus! I'm having a posh breakfast this morning: porridge made with mint choc flavoured protein powder (I've got into it recently through the gym, probably full of all sorts of crap but makes me feel a bit more energetic after workouts), frozen berries and maca powder.

Northumberland is so beautiful. My family have roots up here but I relocated after years of living in London; when I first moved my London mates couldn't understand it at all and thought it would all be like a scene from Billy Elliot (even though I tried to tell them that's County Durham, no offence to any Durham fraus), everyone wearing flat caps and racing whippets (that's Yorkshire you mugs). I felt very smug when they'd come to visit, I'd take them to the coast or places like Alnwick or Kielder Forest, and along with the much cheaper rents, they quickly shut up.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just caught up - @EddieBeds hope you got some sleep? You’re not being unreasonable or anything bad, sleep deprivation is legit torture it makes you think crazy things and feel like the end is nigh / you will never sleep again. It drives you insane, also at night you don’t even get the deep proper sleep as any baby stir you jolt up so you need that time. Please tell us you got your sleep? Also you’re doing a fantastic job, I have no idea how parents of multiple children do it. ❤

Husband may be going away (up north, funnily!) for an event thing & feel confident I’ll be okay, but it is scary?! Gonna get microwave meals cos I don’t like leaving baby by herself for very long but I never find them v filling even though the traffic light system on them is always like RED RED RED and then an orange for sugar 😫

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Just caught up - @EddieBeds hope you got some sleep? You’re not being unreasonable or anything bad, sleep deprivation is legit torture it makes you think crazy things and feel like the end is nigh / you will never sleep again. It drives you insane, also at night you don’t even get the deep proper sleep as any baby stir you jolt up so you need that time. Please tell us you got your sleep? Also you’re doing a fantastic job, I have no idea how parents of multiple children do it. ❤

Husband may be going away (up north, funnily!) for an event thing & feel confident I’ll be okay, but it is scary?! Gonna get microwave meals cos I don’t like leaving baby by herself for very long but I never find them v filling even though the traffic light system on them is always like RED RED RED and then an orange for sugar 😫
When I was on my own and the kids were young I would have batch cooked homemade chilli and bolognaise in the freezer so I just had to heat and cook the pasta or rice. Id have penne pasta as I knew I could eat that with one hand if I had the baby in the other. I was (and still am) a bit rubbish at eating well during the day and would have too many cups of tea and then realise I was so hungry and just have toast to fill the gap. Now I try to have a couple of those nice fresh soups and tend to put them in a cup and drink them - also easier than in a bowl with a baby on your knee!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
When I was on my own and the kids were young I would have batch cooked homemade chilli and bolognaise in the freezer so I just had to heat and cook the pasta or rice. Id have penne pasta as I knew I could eat that with one hand if I had the baby in the other. I was (and still am) a bit rubbish at eating well during the day and would have too many cups of tea and then realise I was so hungry and just have toast to fill the gap. Now I try to have a couple of those nice fresh soups and tend to put them in a cup and drink them - also easier than in a bowl with a baby on your knee!
Same, babe! to ALL of this! So much tea it's actually shocking, I've never bought so many teabags in my life?! I still have my JM soup to eat but you're exactly right, there is no opportune time to have a bowl of boiling liquid with a baby chucking her arms about! I want to review it for the thread too but it feels ghastly to bring it up in the current climate, I can't believe it was £3 the packaging looks like tit. ANYWAY, I'm definitely going to steal this idea I have some huge mugs I could put half a tin (or a whole tin!) into, thank you for this!

Also apparently Manchester and other tier 3 lockdown places are talking about having a 4 tiered system now?! When will it end?!

• Heart
  • Wow
Morning fraus. I'm on holiday this week and was supposed to be doing all sorts of efficient stuff with the other half, getting loads of things put away and a house ready to put on the market. Instead, he's still confined to bed and I'm alternating between nurse duties, sitting on the sofa and vaguely pottering*. The DIY from house next door that has been hallmark of every weekend here for about 2 months is now apparently continuing into the week this week and I'm feeling bleeping murderous and a bit bored and a bit useless.

*I would get on on my own with the stuff, but everything here is not mine, and I can't really box it up/decide whether to keep it or not without input from sickboy, and there are *issues* around the stuff that are emotional labour that I can't do. Hah, sorry, I sound like a 'yes, but...' person don't I?

Anyway, blah, am bleeping miserable, surrounded by stuff to do, but can't do any of it. And listening to endless drilling and banging. Suggested that I went round and asked whether they were planning to do this all week and if we could agree on some quiet time, in my most middle class way, but apparently I will just be told to 'duck off'. I'm quite into the idea of being told to 'duck off' as I'm spoiling for a fight (polite, quietly astonished, middle class, pass agg fighting my specialty, I have learnt from my mother, the queen of polite outrage) tbh, but partner is all, 'I have to live next door to them, blah, blah, blah, don't waste your time, don't be so confrontational'. He's no fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Morning willie mash fraus! I'm having a posh breakfast this morning: porridge made with mint choc flavoured protein powder (I've got into it recently through the gym, probably full of all sorts of crap but makes me feel a bit more energetic after workouts), frozen berries and maca powder.

Northumberland is so beautiful. My family have roots up here but I relocated after years of living in London; when I first moved my London mates couldn't understand it at all and thought it would all be like a scene from Billy Elliot (even though I tried to tell them that's County Durham, no offence to any Durham fraus), everyone wearing flat caps and racing whippets (that's Yorkshire you mugs). I felt very smug when they'd come to visit, I'd take them to the coast or places like Alnwick or Kielder Forest, and along with the much cheaper rents, they quickly shut up.
People always used to say ‘where?!’ and I’d say north of Newcastle the massive part before Scotland you know built a wall before Trump 😂 now they say oh I went on holiday there 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Morning fraus. I'm on holiday this week and was supposed to be doing all sorts of efficient stuff with the other half, getting loads of things put away and a house ready to put on the market. Instead, he's still confined to bed and I'm alternating between nurse duties, sitting on the sofa and vaguely pottering*. The DIY from house next door that has been hallmark of every weekend here for about 2 months is now apparently continuing into the week this week and I'm feeling bleeping murderous and a bit bored and a bit useless.

*I would get on on my own with the stuff, but everything here is not mine, and I can't really box it up/decide whether to keep it or not without input from sickboy, and there are *issues* around the stuff that are emotional labour that I can't do. Hah, sorry, I sound like a 'yes, but...' person don't I?

Anyway, blah, am bleeping miserable, surrounded by stuff to do, but can't do any of it. And listening to endless drilling and banging. Suggested that I went round and asked whether they were planning to do this all week and if we could agree on some quiet time, in my most middle class way, but apparently I will just be told to 'duck off'. I'm quite into the idea of being told to 'duck off' as I'm spoiling for a fight (polite, quietly astonished, middle class, pass agg fighting my specialty, I have learnt from my mother, the queen of polite outrage) tbh, but partner is all, 'I have to live next door to them, blah, blah, blah, don't waste your time, don't be so confrontational'. He's no fun.
Could you try loud terrible music?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
@heretoreaditall2019 how old is she now? I put mine in their bouncers (& then high chairs) while cooking
I haven't had children but when both my sister and I were young we had a kind of swing like this Amazon product (sorry for huge link) that we somehow attached to the door frame of the kitchen, judging by all of the fotos we both loved it! I think we used it from about 1

Put JM's bloody awful singing/piano thumping videos on full blast! Actually, that probably counts as torture, you'll get Amnesty on your balls before you know it.
I think this would only be viable if you were not at home yourself, no point torturing yourself further :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
@heretoreaditall2019 how old is she now? I put mine in their bouncers (& then high chairs) while cooking
Nearly 3 months bless her 🥰 I need to get over the guilt with leaving her by herself, we’re either cuddling her, watching her sleep, or trying to entertain her which is bad isn’t it, she’s never alone. I need to get over the guilt ASAP as it won’t be good when she’s got to go out into the real world. God speaking of guilt absolutely traumatised I put her in a thick knitted coat type thing yesterday and her thumb got caught in the lining and bent back it was horrifying struggling to free her, she cried, still feel sick to my stomach I did that. She forgot about it in seconds and we’ve been checking the thumb but ☹

Does anyone else watch the bidding room? One of the dealers isn’t half bad 🥴

I haven't had children but when both my sister and I were young we had a kind of swing like this Amazon product (sorry for huge link) that we somehow attached to the door frame of the kitchen, judging by all of the fotos we both loved it! I think we used it from about 1

I think this would only be viable if you were not at home yourself, no point torturing yourself further :LOL:
omg this is so cute! I love the idea of this, thank you, she had this electronic swinging arm which they claim is moveable but you’d have to be the sonic arm like JM to do it! I’ll check if she needs to be a bit older cos I worry about her floppy neck omg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Nearly 3 months bless her 🥰 I need to get over the guilt with leaving her by herself, we’re either cuddling her, watching her sleep, or trying to entertain her which is bad isn’t it, she’s never alone. I need to get over the guilt ASAP as it won’t be good when she’s got to go out into the real world. God speaking of guilt absolutely traumatised I put her in a thick knitted coat type thing yesterday and her thumb got caught in the lining and bent back it was horrifying struggling to free her, she cried, still feel sick to my stomach I did that. She forgot about it in seconds and we’ve been checking the thumb but ☹

omg this is so cute! I love the idea of this, thank you, she had this electronic swinging arm which they claim is moveable but you’d have to be the sonic arm like JM to do it! I’ll check if she needs to be a bit older cos I worry about her floppy neck omg
We swore by a sling for those early months, one of the stretchy fabric ones. He was such a fusspot you could never put him down for even a second, so I'd pop him in the sling while making myself a sandwich, sorting the washing, walking the dog etc. I miss those sling cuddles!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Oh bless you! The guilt never ends 🥴 its not bad to cuddle her 🥰 just about getting a balance isnt it? I quite liked when they were in their high chairs/bouncers because I could get on with cooking/showering whilst still within reach and interacting with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sounds like the perfect winter grub, can't beat that "warmed through" feeling 💕

Have just enjoyed a nice warming (can of) chicken noodle soup before i head back to the joys of work 😄

ETA Warming not worming im not JM

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.