Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kestrelcat has already broken cover and three hours after arrival has been rolling round the "settling room" giving headbutts, licks, allowing belly rubs and playing with the feather toy. And has also been happily chomping down the Whiskas biccies inbetween.

Never known a rescue cat (he's our first as a couple, but I grew up with cats, two of them rescues) come out of their shell so quick; poor bean has so much love to give (and has probably also worked out he's landed on all four paws ending up here 🤣)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Been listening to music and trying and mostly failing to be productive today. Being ill for a month has left me really tired and kinda low. The constant light/dark, warm/cold, raining is doing my head in too. I bought a fan with a big hose thing that attaches to put at the opening of the attic and link up to the hole in the back wall (no idea why it is there in the first place but this house is awful so it could just be as simple as falling apart ) in order to suck out some of the heat when it’s roasting outside. Some knobend blocked all the chimneys and didn’t use air vents in any of them and lowered the ceiling above the stairs, so when it’s hot, it stays hot as there is nowhere for heat to go, and our windows are designed against the input of fresh air. So I thought this might be a temp solution until we can get better windows. Anyway, I couldn’t manage to get it up the ladder and felt demoralised.
I have to get a dental appt sorted this week and that’s not helping either. I’d prefer a smear every day of my life until I die than someone invading my mouth. The smell, the noise, the invasiveness and the fact I’ve had some very poor treatment done in the past means I just hate it.
On a positive I got the kids to do some handwriting sheets with positive affirmations on them, then they could read me what they wrote, they did a good job of both reading and writing. On the cat front, restocked the Sheba and both happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
P
I didn’t know it got that cold! Stay cosy. Such is my ignorance of Aus. I know Tasmania can be cool from watching Deadloch though. Has anyone else watched it? I watched it twice!
google Kosciusko in the snowy mountains for cold Australia

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Huge favour, pls. You all know I live off-grid, rescue cats etc. This guy has rescued 2 donkeys. He is just learning how to make videos etc. If there is any chance at all you could go like, subscribe, watch a few vids, leave a comment, it will give him so much hope. The donkeys are recovering now they have a safe home, land, and kids absolutely flock to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Kestrelcat has already broken cover and three hours after arrival has been rolling round the "settling room" giving headbutts, licks, allowing belly rubs and playing with the feather toy. And has also been happily chomping down the Whiskas biccies inbetween.

Never known a rescue cat (he's our first as a couple, but I grew up with cats, two of them rescues) come out of their shell so quick; poor bean has so much love to give (and has probably also worked out he's landed on all four paws ending up here 🤣)
I look forward to hearing about Kestrelcats exploits and exploitation of the new hooman servants!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love donkeys. I've subscribed.
Donkey genocide is happening. Don't google it if you are sensitive.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone have good recommendations for a TV series or film to stream? I'm bored.

Not a fan of violence or gore.

Got any interesting humanist stories to suggest?

Reactions: 6
We watched Flamin' Hot on Disney+ the other night. The story behind spicy Cheetos.

• Heart
We watched Flamin' Hot on Disney+ the other night. The story behind spicy Cheetos.
Oh? I don't have Disney.

I tried watching a doc about Greggs on Netflix yesterday but gave up halfway through because Grace Dent presented it and she was so irritating that I couldn't sit still. She's supposed to be a professional Northerner but it did not work for me.

ETA: Spicy CHeetos are a secret vice of mine. Addictive.

Does anyone have good recommendations for a TV series or film to stream? I'm bored.

It does have a bit of violence but Imposter on C4 is really good. It’s about Nicholas Rossi/Arthur Knight. It’s a true crime doc and is an absolutely wild ride.

Reactions: 9
It does have a bit of violence but Imposter on C4 is really good. It’s about Nicholas Rossi/Arthur Knight. It’s a true crime doc and is an absolutely wild ride.
Oh thanks @Nonah. That's the escaped rapist who turned up in Scotland and tried to pretend he was someone else? Will have a squizz.

Bettycat1 ate only Aldi wet food and loved a bit of chicken or lamb or fish for a treat. Couldn't tolerate dry food (or dreamies) at all.
Bettycat3 conversely eats mostly dry food and some wet but only fish flavours, will have nothing to do with any actual meat or fish.

I think it's largely what they're used to and feel happy eating, just like people.
they're funny old things, aren't they. My childhood cat (well, she arrived as a kitten when I was three, then finally shuffled off this mortal coil when I was twenty-three) was an absolute fiend for tinned tuna (to the point where she almost had a psychic intuition and all you had to do was reach for the tin cupboard and she would appear). She also only ate fish flavoured Whiskas, but refused to eat the salmon sachets.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
they're funny old things, aren't they. My childhood cat (well, she arrived as a kitten when I was three, then finally shuffled off this mortal coil when I was twenty-three) was an absolute fiend for tinned tuna (to the point where she almost had a psychic intuition and all you had to do was reach for the tin cupboard and she would appear). She also only ate fish flavoured Whiskas, but refused to eat the salmon sachets.
I don’t understand those videos you see on social media of people waking up their sleeping cats by waving a prawn in front of them. I only have nudge a cat treat of any sort and hear the THUD of boy cat jumping off the bed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

I’ve just finished The Killing and I’m lost for what to watch next too. Deadloch is good. I’m on the verge of subscribing to Netflix again as I can’t find anything.

Reactions: 7
The Ginger Monster can hear the food cupboard opening or the tinfoil on cold meat rustling from a mile away.
He's a rescue. He'd been fed dry biscuits with his bowl being topped up throughout the day, but he was really fat from over-eating and not getting enough exercise living in a cattery pen, so I changed him over to wet food given as meals. He was happy with that arrangement.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve just finished The Killing and I’m lost for what to watch next too. Deadloch is good. I’m on the verge of subscribing to Netflix again as I can’t find anything.
I loved The Killing. (The Danish one.)

Love a police procedural. Have binge-watched Rebus and Blue Lights recently which I rate highly. Also The Gathering was really good. All BBC.

Will check out Deadloch, thanks.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.