Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@mchops advice please:
You could boil eggs in our shower water. No amount of adjusting the dial is changing it. Do we need a new shower? (Are all the tiles going to have to come off the wall to see what lies behind, or is it simpler than that? Sorry - v. Vague!
Am not mchops, or a plumber, but a couple of questions:
- Electric shower or running off a boiler/hot water tank?
- Does the temperature dial feel different when you move it, either spinning more freely or harder to turn?

If it's electric, probably a new shower unless you know a very good electrician who can repair it. If it's running off a hot water source, then hopefully just needs a new mixer. Whether the tiles need to come off depends on what type of controls you have, mixers can sit in front or behind them.

Reactions: 6
@Lazarus could I get a pic or more details, ie electric shower or of a hot tank ? I'm assuming hot tank mixer shower built in

Reactions: 4
@mchops advice please:
You could boil eggs in our shower water. No amount of adjusting the dial is changing it. Do we need a new shower? (Are all the tiles going to have to come off the wall to see what lies behind, or is it simpler than that? Sorry - v. Vague!
Have no skills to offer in this scenario but can't help thinking that boiling eggs in the shower is a brilliant grifty/thrifty hack. Have you alerted Mx Monroe?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I bought a raspberry beret, the kind you find at a second hand store.

I bought it yesterday, on the first of my farewell lunches, in which I created a retrospective blah blah day for friends and me at old haunts of our youth.

My lovely friends did NOT notice my helix piercings.

I tossed my hair about a lot, but not a remark.

High dudgeon!

I love my beret from the second hand store, but tbh the day wasn't the perfect vision I had in my head

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Have no skills to offer in this scenario but can't help thinking that boiling eggs in the shower is a brilliant grifty/thrifty hack. Have you alerted Mx Monroe?
I'm anticipating a "shower cookery 101" bookin the near future 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.