Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ninnies despite my horribly sore face I am v excited to announce that Mr N agreed this morning to us buying an air fryer! I’ve been after one for ages and managed to make a good pitch yesterday about how many times we order takeaway because we’re too tired and cooking takes too long. I did this whilst he was tucking into a Chinese from Deliveroo. Cunning.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Made a yummy meal last night using up what we had, if anyone wants to replicate: whole bag frozen chopped onions, 1 red pepper, four large courgette quartered and cut into two inch chunks, jar of belazu tagine paste, chicken stock powder, enormous bunch of coriander, and a third of a tin of chopped tomatoes, salt, black pepper, water and a large potato, cubed. The meat we had was cubed pork, but I think chicken thighs would be more appropriate for future. Served with a small bit of rice.
In huge pain so heating leftovers for an early lunch now in the hope it’s fortifying 🤣
If it isn’t, at least it tastes nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Made a yummy meal last night using up what we had, if anyone wants to replicate: whole bag frozen chopped onions, 1 red pepper, four large courgette quartered and cut into two inch chunks, jar of belazu tagine paste, chicken stock powder, enormous bunch of coriander, and a third of a tin of chopped tomatoes, salt, black pepper, water and a large potato, cubed. The meat we had was cubed pork, but I think chicken thighs would be more appropriate for future. Served with a small bit of rice.
In huge pain so heating leftovers for an early lunch now in the hope it’s fortifying 🤣
If it isn’t, at least it tastes nice.
Sounds lovely!
I agree chicken might be better for a "stew".
Cubed pork works great if tray-baked with med veg as above then while pan is still hot stir through a pint of couscous made with the stock.

Reactions: 8
Forgot to ask, those marmite cheese things, has anyone tried them? Because omg delicious!! I’ve eaten five since last night oops

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've just had a marmite and cheese sesame bagel, which isn't the same thing but is utterly delicious.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve barely seen my two today. They’ve been mucking about in the garden.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Talking of pets
@Falkor will get this one

how it started
View attachment 2956931
How it finished

View attachment 2956934

somebody takes things very seriously
Every time I buy mine a salt lick of any description it gets roundly ignored. Given up now! I guess because we're right on the coast there's enough salt naturally in the environment. I'm in serious trouble tonight though as I absent-mindedly put the mineral supplement in the feed buckets at the same time as the water whereas normally it goes in right at the last minute before feeding. Some very disgusted faces in the field this evening.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.