Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, Kestrelcat is settling in nicely and demanded to explore the house shortly after coming out from under the chest of drawers (we obliged) and is now marching round upstairs like he owns the place, although still a little skittish and unsure of downstairs, but I'm sure he'll come round.

I am so surprised at how chilled out he is, although he does seem to be always half looking over his shoulder, I expect given where he was before with big scary animals sneaking up on him. His new favourite spot (and where he spent the night happily asleep, I was half expecting mischief and shenanigans or some emotion, but no. I got woken up by one quiet miaow and I think that was him dreaming) is under the bed with his two small soft toy mice gathered about him. Well if he feels safe there he's welcome to it, and considering he's only been here just over 24 hours, excellent progress.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Well, Kestrelcat is settling in nicely and demanded to explore the house shortly after coming out from under the chest of drawers (we obliged) and is now marching round upstairs like he owns the place, although still a little skittish and unsure of downstairs, but I'm sure he'll come round.

I am so surprised at how chilled out he is, although he does seem to be always half looking over his shoulder, I expect given where he was before with big scary animals sneaking up on him. His new favourite spot (and where he spent the night happily asleep, I was half expecting mischief and shenanigans or some emotion, but no. I got woken up by one quiet miaow and I think that was him dreaming) is under the bed with his two small soft toy mice gathered about him. Well if he feels safe there he's welcome to it, and considering he's only been here just over 24 hours, excellent progress.
Aw, I hope he’s realised in his little noggin that some places don’t have scary dogs, like the foster home, and he’s only half-vigilant whilst he takes over gets settled.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
IMG_9852.jpeg

Vegetable and tofu fried rice, eaten on my lap, balanced on a cushion!
Now for a lie down.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Wow, that looks amazing! I've been to a little independent burger place run by, from my count, about five blokes 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m thinking about watching Shitts Creek again. I love David.
I really loved this also x my favourite though is "what we do in the shadows" and I have several tshirts to prove it. I would tell you all about my tshirts but then I would be Colin Robinson or on a bad day possibly Evie Russell 🦇🦇. I also love the theme tune "You're Dead" by Norma Tanega but possibly not appropriate for a Funeral Director ⚰🎩

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hello Fraus,

I’m very hungover today. It’s 1:15pm in the UK, we’re still in bed. I’ve got a glass of San Pelegrino limonata for some energy and all I can think of is stodgy food. I want something like pie and mash but I don’t have any and SHANT be going outside today so will have to find something else to satisfy me. Maybe I’ll make some fried rice.
what’s your perfect veggie comfort food?
have you ever considered rinsing beans? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m having my dinner which is gousto peri chicken and lemony rice stuff and salad. I’d show a pic but I’ve just eaten all but the last mouthful 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I really loved this also x my favourite though is "what we do in the shadows" and I have several tshirts to prove it. I would tell you all about my tshirts but then I would be Colin Robinson or on a bad day possibly Evie Russell 🦇🦇. I also love the theme tune "You're Dead" by Norma Tanega but possibly not appropriate for a Funeral Director ⚰🎩
I've known a few Colin Robinsons in my life....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know people say they don't watch telly when they actually do but I really don't. I'll binge a show like Vikings or Peaky Blinders (I'm a fan of violent content) but if I watch anything it's always YouTube.
There's a great series called Medieval Madness about the reality of daily life in Medieval times or my favourite archaeologist, Stefan Milo. He's funny and interesting and always stoned AF.

• Heart
Thinking of Michael Palin, I’ve just been reading about his Around The World In 80 Days show.

Look at this, Noel Edmonds was actually one of the first choices to do the trip. What a weird timeline that would have been!

IMG_5560.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Every year I used to get the book that accompanied palins travels. Loved them all. I don't watch much TV. Just finished a biography on Lawrence . All utterly mad. Tough read as it's very much research based with the only opinion the press and documents of the time. Fascinating insight into off Hollywood . The side streets of b movie noir. The touring the stars did to be at cinemas to show the films.

Reactions: 11
Every year I used to get the book that accompanied palins travels. Loved them all. I don't watch much TV. Just finished a biography on Lawrence . All utterly mad. Tough read as it's very much research based with the only opinion the press and documents of the time. Fascinating insight into off Hollywood . The side streets of b movie noir. The touring the stars did to be at cinemas to show the films.
Apparently by the end of the shooting for Reservoir Dogs, everyone hated Lawrence Tierney.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Apparently by the end of the shooting for Reservoir Dogs, everyone hated Lawrence Tierney.
That film is a masterpiece, IMO. Brilliant from beginning to end. I called one of my cats Harvey after Harvey Keitel around the time it came out.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
He got what he ordered. An absolute nutter. Same as when they hired him for sienfield. Stole a knife on set.

• Wow
I hated Reservoir Dogs, (even walked out for a few minutes)
Natural Born Killers is epic though.

• Wow
That film is a masterpiece, IMO. Brilliant from beginning to end. I called one of my cats Harvey after Harvey Keitel around the time it came out.
There's not a single wasted scene or frame in the whole thing.
---
There's not a single wasted scene or frame in the whole thing.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.