Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One Show pivot. Laz, I'm on the Scottish tonight

1000021448.jpg

I'd say guess that bar in one, but it's not even sport is it :cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've always liked Motorola. Very solid phones. Even my kids struggled to break them growing up. Maybe not as pretty as some but the user interface, software and hardware is nigh on the same as all android
---

Screenshot_20240614_185224_WhatsApp~2.jpg

Going on my own then , lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
I once got in trouble for failing to take part in a work mindfulness colouring-in session 🙄 on account of prioritising doing my massive workload instead.

Back in the day we had an in-house counsellor, which was worse. I went to see her due to the stress of several higher-ups being very annoyed with me not “doing enough” for each of them (I was supposed to give about half a day to each, leaving 3 days for the rest of my actual daily responsibilitie) after listening to me explain the constant “I want you do drop everything and do x for me. If you don’t have time, or have other tasks from the others, you must go to them and explain why my task is taking priority” from each of the 4 fuckers, the counsellor said “oh that’s not a counselling situation. You need to go back to these managers and tell them not to behave this way” reader, I had a month off sick with stress.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I was the wellbeing lead on the department I was in before I got promoted and it was the most thankless role ever. In spite of this I just took on a whole extra curricular role to try again. I must secretly hate myself 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
YESSSS! I’m sure Kev will have the big screen on?
Big screen, Scottish singer just finished. Kev even has his skirt on!
The French place on the next block did a Scottish themed menu so we've had the works. Very meat based but I enjoyed it. The haggis with comte was a delight.
I am currently wearing the comedy tam o'shanter hat if any other Scouse Fraus are in the house

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
The French place on the next block did a Scottish themed menu so we've had the works. Very meat based but I enjoyed it. The haggis with comte was a delight.
I am currently wearing the comedy tam o'shanter hat if any other Scouse Fraus are in the house
I’d come dow; but I’m incapable of doing so. Also 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
The city is rammed (probably not as much as other fraus’ 😂😂😂) due to uni open days. Not really sure why they are happening now as there are still wild parties going on but WFK. We have barricaded ourselves in and started watching Under the Bridge on Disney. Set in 97 so epic soundtrack.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Feeling v conflicted rn. I drew Germany in the office sweepstake.

• Haha
  • Wow
That sounds brilliant. If I wasn’t over at the other end of the city I’d be in there like a shot x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
North Country Cheviots can be quite bright. My land is dotted round the village, so when I bring them in off the hill they might be going to the field opposite the village hall, the field next to our house, the field behind the holiday let or the field out on the point. They know which gates are 'theirs' and will go and stand at the first one they get to, wait to see if I open it, and if I don't they'll walk past all the other gates until they get to the next one that's theirs and wait there, rinse and repeat. They can pick out the sound of our quad bike as opposed to the six others in the village and I once had a flock leader called April (RIP) who would tell me when they all wanted to come in from the hill - she'd lead them to one of the hill gates, wait until she saw me on the road, either on the quad or on foot, and start all of them baaing until I looked up and saw them.

Probably a Shire horse or a Clydesdale if it was in the UK. The French and Belgians have some phenomenally chunky agricultural horses though,

Belgian Draught Horse
View attachment 2992710

Ardennes
View attachment 2992711

Comtois
View attachment 2992713

And my favourite, Percheron
View attachment 2992715
I love, love, love learning from everything you share. T(S)YFATYD!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I once got in trouble for failing to take part in a work mindfulness colouring-in session 🙄 on account of prioritising doing my massive workload instead.

Back in the day we had an in-house counsellor, which was worse. I went to see her due to the stress of several higher-ups being very annoyed with me not “doing enough” for each of them (I was supposed to give about half a day to each, leaving 3 days for the rest of my actual daily responsibilitie) after listening to me explain the constant “I want you do drop everything and do x for me. If you don’t have time, or have other tasks from the others, you must go to them and explain why my task is taking priority” from each of the 4 fuckers, the counsellor said “oh that’s not a counselling situation. You need to go back to these managers and tell them not to behave this way” reader, I had a month off sick with stress.
Urgh. Even a lot of non work-based counsellors and advice-givers are fond of the whole "you need to tell the other person how that makes you feel and ask them not to do it" schtick. I swear it was written by either Americans or some other ethnic group which doesn't handle conflict like Brits do. You tell a British wanker that they're out of order and ask them not to do it, and they now know how to push your buttons and get to you even more. You've then got your boss saying that you shouldn't have let them know they were bothering you, of course they're going to do it more now. So you stop saying anything, then when it escalates and HR gets involved, you get accused of not making your feelings clear and allowing the wanker to claim they didn't know it was still upsetting you.

Reactions: 13
Urgh. Even a lot of non work-based counsellors and advice-givers are fond of the whole "you need to tell the other person how that makes you feel and ask them not to do it" schtick. I swear it was written by either Americans or some other ethnic group which doesn't handle conflict like Brits do. You tell a British wanker that they're out of order and ask them not to do it, and they now know how to push your buttons and get to you even more. You've then got your boss saying that you shouldn't have let them know they were bothering you, of course they're going to do it more now. So you stop saying anything, then when it escalates and HR gets involved, you get accused of not making your feelings clear and allowing the wanker to claim they didn't know it was still upsetting you.
If people did what you asked of them, then we wouldn’t need counsellors would we?

I love the Ardennes as he/she looks like that they are trying to sneak along secretly without anyone noticing ❤
Ah the horses! I think mine (the one I rode anyway) was a shire horse.i was looking at them on my way to the dentist and forgot to post back.
---
This hit me hard as I used to ask my ex not to do stuff that was upsetting me. He’d just say “just stop being bothered by it”.

• Sad
  • Heart
I think the oddest counselling session I had was with a nurse (I didn’t know that at the time was told they were therapist) who decided the voice I struggled with was a friend who died and blamed me for it, so they gave me a card for a clairvoyant!! I’d get 10% off so only £45 a session...

I didn’t go and complained and was accused of refusing to get better

🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
The city is rammed (probably not as much as other fraus’ 😂😂😂) due to uni open days. Not really sure why they are happening now as there are still wild parties going on but WFK. We have barricaded ourselves in and started watching Under the Bridge on Disney. Set in 97 so epic soundtrack.
Is that about the Reena Virk case in Canada? If so it's one that has stuck with me over the years, so very sad. I have the book somewhere.
I've been stuck in bed the past couple of days with severe nausea and intermittent abdominal pain.
I'm pretty much fed up with it at this point but at least the weather is cold and dreary so I don't feel like I'm wasting a nice day.

• Sad
  • Heart
Is that about the Reena Virk case in Canada? If so it's one that has stuck with me over the years, so very sad. I have the book somewhere.
I've been stuck in bed the past couple of days with severe nausea and intermittent abdominal pain.
I'm pretty much fed up with it at this point but at least the weather is cold and dreary so I don't feel like I'm wasting a nice day.
Yes. We are totally hooked. Mrs T has been ill and it kept her awake on a Friday night so it shows how good it is.

I’m sorry you are feeling so rubbish. Would a fluffy head make you feel a bit better?

83c5e587-c06c-431a-87c4-829eef592058.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.