Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. We are totally hooked. Mrs T has been ill and it kept her awake on a Friday night so it shows how good it is.

I’m sorry you are feeling so rubbish. Would a fluffy head make you feel a bit better?

View attachment 2995159
Aw, even the top of her head is adorable. You know I'm going to awww and squeee.
I really want to watch that show now, also Canadian True Crime podcast (hosted by a lovely Aussie lass) did an excellent episode (or two?) on the case a while ago.
Give missy a pat for me please. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Aw, even the top of her head is adorable. You know I'm going to awww and squeee.
I really want to watch that show now, also Canadian True Crime podcast (hosted by a lovely Aussie lass) did an excellent episode (or two?) on the case a while ago.
Give missy a pat for me please. ❤
Will do. She’s pushing me out of bed to make coffee at the moment. We put her on Yumove a few weeks ago and have seen definite improvement this week so she’s getting extra cuddles. Not that she needs them. She gets cuddles from the postie, students, student parents, and the evri person.

Love a good podcast to link with a programme. I’ll look that up.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Kestrelcat had his first venture into the garden yesterday before dinner. He's started getting a bit tetchy and more mischievous so we figured he's ready. Little guy was coaxed onto the patio with Dreamies and munched some grass and had some sniffs and showed interest but was clearly nervous and happy to go back in. (So nervous he let out a massive noxious fart as soon as he was back in)
Suddenly remembered afterwards that the rescue thought his previous living situation involved him being forced to live outside. Normally post dinner snoozles are spent under the bed and you don't see him til 9pm but he was snoozing in my eyeline the whole evening. Don't know if kitty logic can extend to such more complex deductions, but I hope he didn't think we're turfing him out 😭
Anyway he's just had Venture 2 before breakfast. He made it to the end of the garden! Then ran back into the house at warp speed. Then ventured down the side of the house and peeped at the front garden ... and then ran back at warp speed. So progress!
Also, my worries about wet food were all unfounded. He is now happily munching wet food for breakfast and dinner. Got a trial of Katkin because I'd seen a lot of people say it was good for fussy cats and thought 'well he probably won't eat it', as he'd turned his nose up at all the complete wet food we'd got in when he arrived, but the little sod loves it, so that's me administrating the defrosting of frozen cat food now.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
At work, just spent 2.5 hours slicing then grilling eggplant for tonight's dinner service. Next to a grumpy chef woman (who is also my work friend, but wow.)

Never been so bored in my life.

Needed a coffee but opted for Vitasol vitality tea. Very proud of me! Only 3 hours 15 mins before home time. Hooray! I hardly ever feel this way but every day cannot be perfect.
---
Re Android phones, I have an Oppo at the moment. I needed it when my Samsung cheap series galaxy needed a warranty repair, and have been too lazy to rejig the Galaxy when it was returned wiped back to factory settings. I've really enjoyed using the Oppo (AUD227): a sturdy little beastie with a super fast charging function specific (as I understand) to Oppo. I recommend it, and also the cheaper Samsung A series Galaxy which was AUD349.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Urgh. Even a lot of non work-based counsellors and advice-givers are fond of the whole "you need to tell the other person how that makes you feel and ask them not to do it" schtick. I swear it was written by either Americans or some other ethnic group which doesn't handle conflict like Brits do. You tell a British wanker that they're out of order and ask them not to do it, and they now know how to push your buttons and get to you even more. You've then got your boss saying that you shouldn't have let them know they were bothering you, of course they're going to do it more now. So you stop saying anything, then when it escalates and HR gets involved, you get accused of not making your feelings clear and allowing the wanker to claim they didn't know it was still upsetting you.
This.
(It starts exactly the same between siblings as practice)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sometimes even a night owl goes to bed before 9pm and enjoys it. Nice PJs, a cup of chai and a paracetamol for the teeny headache. Good night!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Liverpool fraus, have any of you been to Umrah at the top of Lodge Lane/Upper Parli St? It’s VERY good.

Reactions: 4
Kestrelcat had his first venture into the garden yesterday before dinner. He's started getting a bit tetchy and more mischievous so we figured he's ready. Little guy was coaxed onto the patio with Dreamies and munched some grass and had some sniffs and showed interest but was clearly nervous and happy to go back in. (So nervous he let out a massive noxious fart as soon as he was back in)
Suddenly remembered afterwards that the rescue thought his previous living situation involved him being forced to live outside. Normally post dinner snoozles are spent under the bed and you don't see him til 9pm but he was snoozing in my eyeline the whole evening. Don't know if kitty logic can extend to such more complex deductions, but I hope he didn't think we're turfing him out 😭
Anyway he's just had Venture 2 before breakfast. He made it to the end of the garden! Then ran back into the house at warp speed. Then ventured down the side of the house and peeped at the front garden ... and then ran back at warp speed. So progress!
Also, my worries about wet food were all unfounded. He is now happily munching wet food for breakfast and dinner. Got a trial of Katkin because I'd seen a lot of people say it was good for fussy cats and thought 'well he probably won't eat it', as he'd turned his nose up at all the complete wet food we'd got in when he arrived, but the little sod loves it, so that's me administrating the defrosting of frozen cat food now.
The Ginger Monster was terrified of Outside when I first started letting him out. He adores it now.

He hates Katkin though and scrunches up his whiskers at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
thanks for phone help 🫶

but ofc, somewhat typically, I asked for advice and then just went and bought a refurbed s21 anyway🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There’s only one thing to do today- dance anthems.

---
That’s the new Black Asda in the old Pivvy where they used to do meat bingo?
I feel you might need to live where you live but WTF is black asda and really WTF is meat bingo?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Big girl (and boy) pants were put on after several supervised trips into the garden throughout the day and Kestrelcat was released into the wild alone half an hour before his teatime. I went and distracted myself making dinner to resist the urge to peer at him constantly out of the windows.

He want and sat at the end of the drive and sniffed the air, and then sauntered back in after 15 minutes to sit by his bowl :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I hate the streets. I have no rational reason why skinner pisses me off. Pam ayres bastard love child.
Love dizzie rascal

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Omg that reminds me when Coldplay wanted to collaborate with David Bowie, and they sent him some ideas they’d had. He wrote back to them and said, “it’s not your best work is it”!

The funniest thing is, it was Coldplay themselves who told this story in an interview!
Being patronised by Bowie is still pretty kewl

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.