Food and Drink #52

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Making meatball, pea and cauliflower curry today. Got one kid home all snuffly and grumpy.
I’m finally getting rid of all the billion excess towels too, being picked up for the dogs home. Yay!
---
Curry has turned out great! It’s not a very appealing colour but tastes fantastic. YH had just enthusiastically tasted it as he’s come in from work and declared it good. So phew, as I’ve made it up as I went along 😂
Write a book!!!! Chapter 1 curry-ish.

.... and from chapter 2 onwards, just reprint the slopalong!!! With full commentary from the canal.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
People joke about the orange cats sharing a braincell….I got news about the blue ones!
---

Aw they are losing their chick fuzz coz they’re growing up
Moorhens have a funny featherless patch above their beaks. Those little chicks are getting theirs.

There's a mama moorhen on one of the ponds I pass regularly. She has seven eggs she's sitting on.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh god I forgot a question I wanted to ask, buckle up lads. This is BORING

Wheat-Bisk fans - can you recommend a storage solution to keep them fresh once opened, prefer a tall standing one than a wide flat one.
I bored myself asking that.

ETA - at the risk of sounding Jack, I’ve already completed abandoned keeping them in the wrapper with a clamp. My motor skills aren't great and the crumb spillage/packet dropping is an issue.

Here is a pic of Hotescat by way of apology
I use this one for the kids wheat biscuits:

IMG_2118.jpeg
---
Also having weird dreams at the moment. Last night involved Emily Blunt impersonating me with multiple fake IDs. It will not come as a shock that Emily Blunt and I look nothing alike. I found her at a ‘motel’ which was in reality is a little local shopping ‘precinct’.

The previous night in my dream I was on a bus in Crouch End (it was not Crouch End as we were near the river) with an ex housemate (who in dreamland I was in a relationship with - in real life it was a purely platonic relationship) and Taylor Swift was performing but hardly anyone was watching her and most people were just going about their business with no interest. Then I went to another Taylor Swift concert (a recurring theme was that I kept missing the start) where she was performing on a bridge and it was raining and I decided to go get waterproof trousers on and was annoyed I hadn’t put moisturiser on my upper arms. Again Tay Tay was struggling to get a crowd and I then ducked into a nearby hotel lobby/bar to watch her in the dry with some friends who in real life (as opposed to dreamland) I know are not Taylor fans.

No cheese was consumed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thanking you for all the reacts for Mr Traazer's interview and job he started last week and is loving it, he also seems so much better in himself since going back to some normality, it's great.

Does anyone have any thread recommendations? All my regulars are a bit dull atm (Bex, RSM, SaltBurd). I'm finding myself spending spare time reading the gender thread which i adore as a resource but isn't great for lighthearted evening scrolling

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanking you for all the reacts for Mr Traazer's interview and job he started last week and is loving it, he also seems so much better in himself since going back to some normality, it's great.

Does anyone have any thread recommendations? All my regulars are a bit dull atm (Bex, RSM, SaltBurd). I'm finding myself spending spare time reading the gender thread which i adore as a resource but isn't great for lighthearted evening scrolling
Do you read the IamSarahJJay threads? They're pretty funny. She's a Wally.

• Haha
I find the Mumsnet thread funny as one to laugh along to, even though I’m not a mum, haven’t used that site and don’t know what mill girl boots are.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I use this one for the kids wheat biscuits:

---
Also having weird dreams at the moment. Last night involved Emily Blunt impersonating me with multiple fake IDs. It will not come as a shock that Emily Blunt and I look nothing alike. I found her at a ‘motel’ which was in reality is a little local shopping ‘precinct’.

The previous night in my dream I was on a bus in Crouch End (it was not Crouch End as we were near the river) with an ex housemate (who in dreamland I was in a relationship with - in real life it was a purely platonic relationship) and Taylor Swift was performing but hardly anyone was watching her and most people were just going about their business with no interest. Then I went to another Taylor Swift concert (a recurring theme was that I kept missing the start) where she was performing on a bridge and it was raining and I decided to go get waterproof trousers on and was annoyed I hadn’t put moisturiser on my upper arms. Again Tay Tay was struggling to get a crowd and I then ducked into a nearby hotel lobby/bar to watch her in the dry with some friends who in real life (as opposed to dreamland) I know are not Taylor fans.

No cheese was consumed.
This I can pick up with one hand! And afford 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm that Måneskin band. Boo, I wanted to be Lordi, much more my scene. I just had my pre-winter flu shot and am on the bus on my way home.
Harold's not talking to me so it will be a lovely, peaceful day. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
I think they do a party here for Eurovision then we pass the torch or something to Malmō to do this years.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

The mumsnet one is full of funny ninnies
edited to add @Lazarus got there first