Food and Drink #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love how people from Victoria are called Victorians. LIke they’re bogans, wearing a singlet and a mullet but riding a unicycle, and there’s a pocket watch attached to their armhole.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I got Sam Ryder , which I’m not sure how to take tbh 😂
Sam Ryder freaks me the duck out. I don’t really know why, but, oooooh, makes me feel super uneasy.

The clips with him flying in an armchair are maximum woah material, and I can’t stand how wide he opens he mouth when singing. I don’t wanna see your tonsils, pal 😂🤣😂🤣

He seems like such a lovely chap and I wish him all the success in the world, just as long as he stays the duck away from me 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Another Måneskin here.

Not quite the same Orthy B but a friend and I have an ongoing joke re: Claire from Steps that there will always be a ‘tonsil shot’ at some point when she sings.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I find the Mumsnet thread funny as one to laugh along to, even though I’m not a mum, haven’t used that site and don’t know what mill girl boots are.
Mumsnet always seems completely batshit to me and I'm someone who has been known to post on L Chat¹ and GLP ffs.

¹I seem to think their "British Celebrities" thread is how I ended up on Tattle, actually.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wouldn’t be surprised if Sam Ryder was an android. That grin is unnerving and his hair is unnaturally shiny.

• Haha
Thinking of you @MaineCoonMama and sending love 🧡 do you know what you want to do with the ashes? x
They're in a box, dear heart Chiz. For now he's next to his big sister Persia, I need to choose a photo and get it printed for the front plus tidy up the corner stand he's on and organise it a bit better.
The plaque reads
LOKI
"Pooh Bear"
2012-2024
IMG_4875.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I did but they move fast and I keep missing the new thread overlap! Will seek out now
They're in a box, dear heart Chiz. For now he's next to his big sister Persia, I need to choose a photo and get it printed for the front plus tidy up the corner stand he's on and organise it a bit better.
The plaque reads
LOKI
"Pooh Bear"
2012-2024
View attachment 2908387
This may be a bit of an odd recommendation but I found this podcast episode incredibly helpful about bereavement (don't be put off by all the religious stuff in the guest speaker's bio here!)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This may be a bit of an odd recommendation but I found this podcast episode incredibly helpful about bereavement (don't be put off by all the religious stuff in the guest speaker's bio here!)
Thank you, Jordi. I'm a podcast fan (I like to listen before bed) so I'll give this a whirl tonight.
I'll admit I'm still struggling without Pooh being around. It's a lot more difficult than I expected.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you, Jordi. I'm a podcast fan (I like to listen before bed) so I'll give this a whirl tonight.
I'll admit I'm still struggling without Pooh being around. It's a lot more difficult than I expected.
It's so difficult, you need time to grieve. I was having a conversation with a student the other day asking if she had animals, she said no she loves dogs and cats but couldn't bear the thought of having to say goodbye when it died, which I can understand in a sense. Especially as non pet people don't seem to understand that losing an animal is the same as a human family member so its often belittled in a way

• Heart
It's so difficult, you need time to grieve. I was having a conversation with a student the other day asking if she had animals, she said no she loves dogs and cats but couldn't bear the thought of having to say goodbye when it died, which I can understand in a sense. Especially as non pet people don't seem to understand that losing an animal is the same as a human family member so its often belittled in a way
It's heartbreaking but the pure joy and funny moments you get with animals are irreplaceable. I feel so lost but I also remember how loving and funny Pooh was. He did the most ridiculous things like falling off the couch and sitting on my head every night. I couldn't live without at least one animal.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I find the Mumsnet thread funny as one to laugh along to, even though I’m not a mum, haven’t used that site and don’t know what mill girl boots are.
I went to a shop. They provided chocolates to mothers for a promotion of Aus Mother's Day coming up. "Thank you", I said, "This is the best fraudulently received gift I've ever eaten before I left the shop. I am a grifter."

Everyone clapped and cheered.

Also, most of this didn't occur.

• Haha
It is hard, especially feeling out of sync with everyone else: my own experience is that in the first few weeks you're feeling numb and then raw and bruised instead of getting "back to normal". Oh, and that having done it before doesn't really help very much, which sort of makes sense, each loss is unique and also cumulative. There's this Jewish thing of when you mention the name of someone who's died adding "may their memory ne for a blessing', and at some point you can actually feel the blessing rather than the sting of their absence but it takes a while to get there (& isn't a straight line!)

• Heart
I love how people from Victoria are called Victorians. LIke they’re bogans, wearing a singlet and a mullet but riding a unicycle, and there’s a pocket watch attached to their armhole.
Oh, mate, that's exactly what they're like, though.

WARNING: CULTURE WAR COMMENCEMENT!!!!

When my parents moved (year 2000) to their farmlet in Watermelon, 3 hours out of Melbourne... Well I popped down for an annual festival and a local woman said, "Ah, yes, I knew you were from Sydney, not Melbourne", and I've thought of it off and on ever since. I REMAIN INSULTED

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.