Food and Drink #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got old pooch Laz’s ashes in a lovely vintage Hornsea cookie jar on my mantle piece. It fits in with the mid-century look in the rest of our house. I didn’t expect there to be as many ashes (🫣) so I chose to scatter some nearby and keep the rest. His collar and favourite squeaky ball are in with the ashes and I talk to them sometimes ❤
It’s been 9m. I don’t think I’m close to being over it.

Grieving is a long process. Big hugs to anyone going through it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I find the Mumsnet thread funny as one to laugh along to, even though I’m not a mum, haven’t used that site and don’t know what mill girl boots are.
I used it and got banned. Repeatedly. Once for standing up for a friend who was disabled and being bullied (they were very anti disability at the time), I got unbanned and then caused a riot during covid for not shielding as had no support, another ban, and others got banned too for “inciting people to commit crime” and The Final Ban *drum roll* was due to asking if anyone knew how I could contact amazon customer support as their app wouldn’t work on my device and the email address I had didn’t seem to work either - much bigger riot that time cos I was a SCAMMER!! They had PROOF I JUST WANTED MONEY!!

🙄

So I was booted. FOREVER.

I was duly devastated. However, I had some yummy munchies and quickly recovered.

I’m still banned. I’m still eating munchies. Still (not) devastated.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I used it and got banned. Repeatedly. Once for standing up for a friend who was disabled and being bullied (they were very anti disability at the time), I got unbanned and then caused a riot during covid for not shielding as had no support, another ban, and others got banned too for “inciting people to commit crime” and The Final Ban *drum roll* was due to asking if anyone knew how I could contact amazon customer support as their app wouldn’t work on my device and the email address I had didn’t seem to work either - much bigger riot that time cos I was a SCAMMER!! They had PROOF I JUST WANTED MONEY!!

🙄

So I was booted. FOREVER.

I was duly devastated. However, I had some yummy munchies and quickly recovered.

I’m still banned. I’m still eating munchies. Still (not) devastated.
You mean you were banned from mumstrap, not the Tattle thread - right? 🤞

You should see the early Liz Fraser threads, when all the devastated people (women specifically) found their way to Tattle. What a time

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Especially as non pet people don't seem to understand that losing an animal is the same as a human family member so its often belittled in a way
I'm not really a pet person, but it's pretty obvious to me that it would be seen the same way in a sense. I do think there are occasions where some people humanise their animals too much. But grieving for them isn't that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Where did I read that the Supervet guy doesn't like to call animals “pets” they’re animal companions. Anyway, I saw that the other day and think it’s very true, Hotescat is my companion, he relies on me for food, shelter and care, keeps my company, steals babybels and does stinky poops. It’s a fair exchange.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’d like to add the cleaner was here less than 3 hours ago, so he’s just pooped on the floor. I love him.

• Haha
You mean you were banned from mumstrap, not the Tattle thread - right? 🤞

You should see the early Liz Fraser threads, when all the devastated people (women specifically) found their way to Tattle. What a time
Yep. Sorry for the confusion!!

Reactions: 4
My ginger monster is cute and likes to wake me up at night squealing for food. He's basically a baby, despite being 10. He drives me nuts with his constant noisemaking a lot of the time, but then he'll do something adorable like greet me on the driveway when I come home, and all is forgiven.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I also got Måneskin on the Eurovision quiz.

(I’m only sharing this exciting news because it was the first time I’ve ever got to type a letter å like that!)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Where did I read that the Supervet guy doesn't like to call animals “pets” they’re animal companions. Anyway, I saw that the other day and think it’s very true, Hotescat is my companion, he relies on me for food, shelter and care, keeps my company, steals babybels and does stinky poops. It’s a fair exchange.

this adds nothing to the pets convo, but I vividly remember supervet saying on saturday kitchen one time that vets can technically perform surgery on people, but people surgeons can't perform surgery on animals cos animals can't consent

also, he tried to chat up a former colleague of mine at one of his events a few years back. she knocked him back cos "well, he's got too much going on, hasn't he?"

• Haha
this adds nothing to the pets convo, but I vividly remember supervet saying on saturday kitchen one time that vets can technically perform surgery on people, but people surgeons can't perform surgery on animals cos animals can't consent

also, he tried to chat up a former colleague of mine at one of his events a few years back. she knocked him back cos "well, he's got too much going on, hasn't he?"
He is, by all accounts a toxic hole of a person.

• Haha
I don't understand Noel Fitzpatrick's timeline. He appears to have spent a lot of time working on surgical stuff, so where did he find time for drama school, acting and hobnobbing/shagging in the entertainment world?

• Haha
I'm guessing it's some kind of 120 hour week special sherbet.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
actually, come to think of it, this was my favourite particular usage of toxic 🫶

IMG_20240501_235106.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Toxic is the perfect pop song and thanks to Tattle, I know its origins.

We don't have a SuperVet but we do have Dr Harry Cooper and the unfortunately named Dr Chris Brown.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think it's in the hawaian language that they don't use the word "owner" for pets but something more like companion

• Heart
I've booked into hotel flamboyant. Sod camping another night .it's not that flamboyant to be honest,just old friendly madam's

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.