Food and Drink #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am ok, thank you @griftalo ❤ That sounds frightening! When it first shocked me I sensibly touched it again multiple times out of confusion (I am not truly awake first thing in the morning, also I am so very stupid) and got a pain in my left arm and the right side of my head. I'm supposed to be meeting a friend for coffee tomorrow but might have to spend the whole day under my weighted blanket waiting for the electrician. At least Old Mother Sideboard let me use her shower today so I smell like coconuts and grapefruit, in case that was putting any of you off my new business venture.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Lads, I just picked up Pooh's ashes. He's in a little box, they gave us a set of cards with his paw prints as well. I have to run some errands before I go home but I feel better now I have him with me.
We need to choose a photo for the little window bit in the front.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Lads, I just picked up Pooh's ashes. He's in a little box, they gave us a set of cards with his paw prints as well. I have to run some errands before I go home but I feel better now I have him with me.
I hope you’re okay. You were on my mind a lot today. Have you made any choices for the Pooh perfume? No rush, obviously. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I hope you’re okay. You were on my mind a lot today. Have you made any choices for the Pooh perfume? No rush, obviously. ❤
I'm ok, I think I'll cry when I get home though. I chose maple and vanilla smells, soft powdery scents are my favourite. Mara suggested a couple of changes and I told her I trust her judgment.
I'll post a photo when I get the perfume.
I usually wear Demeter's Kitten Fur which has that soft sort of smell to it. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm ok, I think I'll cry when I get home though. I chose maple and vanilla smells, soft powdery scents are my favourite. Mara suggested a couple of changes and I told her I trust her judgment.
I'll post a photo when I get the perfume.
I usually wear Demeter's Kitten Fur which has that soft sort of smell to it. ❤
She’s really good. I hope you love it. I haven’t smelled kitten fur, but I did used to wear a lot of their scents. Lots of love to you❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Give Pooh’s box a bum-pat from me, from up here in the right side-up MCM.

its a bit blowy here (surely Chicago stole the “windy city” name from Liverpool?) my housemate has commenced staring at me for his 5pm snack biscuits 😾

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh god I forgot a question I wanted to ask, buckle up lads. This is BORING

Wheat-Bisk fans - can you recommend a storage solution to keep them fresh once opened, prefer a tall standing one than a wide flat one.
I bored myself asking that.

ETA - at the risk of sounding Jack, I’ve already completed abandoned keeping them in the wrapper with a clamp. My motor skills aren't great and the crumb spillage/packet dropping is an issue.

Here is a pic of Hotescat by way of apology

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Wheat-Bisk fans - can you recommend a storage solution to keep them fresh once opened, prefer a tall standing one than a wide flat one.

ETA - at the risk of sounding Jack, I’ve already completed abandoned keeping them in the wrapper with a clamp. My motor skills aren't great and the crumb spillage/packet dropping is an issue.

These might be the right size?

Reactions: 6

What about this by Lakeland? https://www.lakeland.co.uk/27265/lakeland-dry-food-storage-container-19l

I keep my coffee beans in one of these https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73184/oxo-good-grips-pop-square-tall-food-storage-container-16l

Organised by Charlotte dot com says:

Cereal boxes are just so unsightly, they build up and then get shoved to the back of the cupboard where they go stale and then forgotten. I love decanting cereal, it looks so much better! But Weetabix is always a tough one as it doesn’t quite fit in the obvious cereal containers. I use this OXO Pop container which is actually meant for spaghetti, but fits my Weetabix in perfectly. https://www.oxouk.com/products/pop-small-square-tall-2-1l/

I'm not sure how the pop top works, does anyone know if it's a faff?

• Heart
I'm not sure how the pop top works, does anyone know if it's a faff?
It's the one I keep my coffee in, it's really easy. Push the button to raise it, which breaks the vacuum seal and you can lift the lid off. Put the lid back on, push the button again, lid locks. Only fill up to the fill line to avoid fouling the lid, and never force the lid off.

Reactions: 8
She’s really good. I hope you love it. I haven’t smelled kitten fur, but I did used to wear a lot of their scents. Lots of love to you❤
Kittens smell lovely. All warm and sweet and a little bit malty.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hotes, are we sure we aren't in a cat share?

1000019033.jpg
I can't find the pic I was thinking about so this is the closest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh, oh, oh, sorry I haven't been here in a while. I loved the photos of Pooh.. Well, all the canal cats. Hope you are OK. X

Curled up with 5 of the rescues tonight as it is unexpectedly cold. I can't actually move.... But it is definitely warmer!
---
I think Hotescat has got wider cheek pads, aside from that (and him being a boy) basically the same cat!
That's one of the rescues too!!! Why are we all sharing cats???!
---
It appears to be made of leftover batView attachment 2902655
Is that the model used for that Easter cake????
---
Wanna see a lynx?! And elk, reindeer etc. Live webcam from waaaaay up north.
https://www.svtplay.se/video/KQrBZDz/den-stora-algvandringen/idag-00-00?position=17906&id=KQrBZDz

Friend of a friend's cat watches the livestream all day on the TV!!!
IMG_20240430_023914_655.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Making meatball, pea and cauliflower curry today. Got one kid home all snuffly and grumpy.
I’m finally getting rid of all the billion excess towels too, being picked up for the dogs home. Yay!
---
Curry has turned out great! It’s not a very appealing colour but tastes fantastic. YH had just enthusiastically tasted it as he’s come in from work and declared it good. So phew, as I’ve made it up as I went along 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Not beyond the realm of possibility with cats that they have multiple homes is it 🤣 both stunning 🥰
My little grey diablo is a house cat. And pretty thick, she wouldn't have enough brain power to keep up with 2 owners!

Is it Friday yet?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.