Food and Drink #52

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anybody elseā€™s 'view' changed in tattle? Mine has and I donā€™t like it

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Just been to vote. Bunch of miserable unhelpful cunts on the desk as per last time. Why do people sign up to do it if they hate people?? Since our place to vote moved itā€™s not been a nice experience.
On a lighter note one kid has practised their handwriting today writing a post it Bart Simpson style with kick me now intended for teacher šŸ˜¬šŸ¤£
Donā€™t think teacher was impressed. The writing was great though.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just been to vote. Bunch of miserable unhelpful cunts on the desk as per last time. Why do people sign up to do it if they hate people?? Since our place to vote moved itā€™s not been a nice experience.
On a lighter note one kid has practised their handwriting today writing a post it Bart Simpson style with kick me now intended for teacher šŸ˜¬šŸ¤£
Donā€™t think teacher was impressed. The writing was great though.
They start at 7am

Reactions: 8
They start at 7am
I donā€™t think starting at 7am means you need to be a twit, theyā€™re choosing to be there! Itā€™s only this station that has ever had this bad vibe, Iā€™ve voted for years and itā€™s only the last two times - at this place thatā€™s had this weird thing. Not smell as autocarrot decided just now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's weird being in a building all on my own. The bar / restaurant closed at 8pm and I'm the only guest. I live on my own, but being in charge unofficially of such a large premises, zut alors

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I really want to go to bed but thereā€™s a cat on my lap. Hi off topic ninnnies! Itā€™s been a while šŸ‘‹

• Heart
Reactions: 16
for about the fifth time, a whoosh driver asking for my dob on delivering booze has thought I said I was born in 1934, not 84! šŸ« 

So, I'm busy practicing saying my dob over and over

How the duck does "eleven six eighty four" sound anything like 1934 and how have so many people decided that I'm 90 years old!?

I look great for 90 tbh (and also for almost 40)

• Haha
Toxic is the perfect pop song and thanks to Tattle, I know its origins.

We don't have a SuperVet but we do have Dr Harry Cooper and the unfortunately named Dr Chris Brown.
Lol. My brother studied veterinary science and was mentored by Dr Harry Cooper in the 80s, so every time DHC is mentioned on the news my mother reports it to the family message group, like this: "Dr Harry turned 80 today! He mentored Woohbro during university!" and we're all like, "Stop saying this Mother."

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I really want to go to bed but thereā€™s a cat on my lap. Hi off topic ninnnies! Itā€™s been a while šŸ‘‹
I had a case of cat paralysis this morning as I tried to get dressed for work. I think the Ginger Monster has been beaten up by another cat as that's the usual reason he's cuddly like that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
for about the fifth time, a whoosh driver asking for my dob on delivering booze has thought I said I was born in 1934, not 84! šŸ« 

So, I'm busy practicing saying my dob over and over

How the duck does "eleven six eighty four" sound anything like 1934 and how have so many people decided that I'm 90 years old!?

I look great for 90 tbh (and also for almost 40)
You need to add the 19, thereā€™s an attention lull right there When you switch from small numbers to big, they miss it then (coz they are stoopid) hear ā€œ-ty fourā€ and assume 30.
Yes I am boring myself. Imagine how bored Mchops is alone in the hotel reading this. Have a gif

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's weird being in a building all on my own. The bar / restaurant closed at 8pm and I'm the only guest. I live on my own, but being in charge unofficially of such a large premises, zut alors
Twenty years ago I booked into a ā€˜hotelā€™ for the weekend. Turned up to be jumped on by a massive Alsatian, I like dogs but was still scary - then a bloke came out, looked shocked and went ā€˜oh he likes youā€™ I was put in the attic, the dog had the floor below and they asked me what I wanted for breakfast (pen and paper popped under door) and then they said theyā€™d pop back here and there over the weekend, hereā€™s keys, dog lead(!) and enjoy the house. šŸ˜®

It was HUGE and I was freaked out.

Turned out it wasnā€™t a registered hotel (I was at the place for an event everything else booked out) so theyā€™d popped a room online, fake rosette from tourist board included, claiming to be a hotel ā€˜just in caseā€™.

Was VERY odd. I too live alone but being alone in someone else place yeh weird.

The dog was lovely and yes we went for walks.

• Wow
  • Haha
Thereā€™s some witty wordplay based around carpe and carp but my brain is mush these days. So please just pretend I said it and everybody clapped .

• Haha
  • Heart
Omg omg. Chef boy just said to me I'm sick of guests asking me if I've written a book. I said just tell them you have but it's out of print. He said maybe I'll tell them to preorder and I'll rake in some cash, and *I* said we can start a thread on Tattle about you! And he said what? And I said oh nothing.

• Haha
My mum is here with me. Sheā€™s not got long but I donā€™t know how long obviously. Sheā€™s very sleepy - just wakes up for a couple of hours in the morning, though sheā€™s lucid when you talk to her. Local services have been really lovely (except for one nurse at the hospice). The man who delivered her hospital bed yesterday was an absolute angel (he volunteers for the air ambulance on his days off!).

• Heart
Reactions: 22