Food and Drink #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sitting in my pants in my duck pond that is nowhere near Leicester , watching a comedy gig in Leicester where most of the rest of the audience are wearing more than just pants . Isn’t the internet wonderful ❤

( I’m watching a livestream from Leicester comedy festival via NextUp, I’m not undertaking any sneaky duck spying .)
I’m glad to hear that ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve just got home and Mrs T has had a bottle of Rubcion orange and mango fizzy in the fridge all day. She may have had my Marks free pastry but she deserves it for this.

Gearing up for a night chilling watching the Amityville thing on BBC and enjoying it not raining or being dark at 5pm.

Laz, I’ve taken your comments on board. We have 2 cafes/bars that are our kind of places in the city that play music once a month or so. We know we need to support them and after having long conversations about why we love this odd little city, we know we need to put more effort in. We moan about students but having lived further south (relatively) for a few years in objectively a stunning place and never feeling at home, we’ve come to realise this is home. We need to see what’s in front of us. Yes it’s cold and dark sometimes but the people are fab and there are 6 Greggs ffs. Why would I want to live anywhere else?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I got some of the Bourbon Cream Pact coffee and I think it's delish.

Fans of Celerytown, I am enjoying the new adaptation of One Day on Netflix. The latest Emma's Leeds accent is much better than Anne Hathaway's.

• Heart
I’ve changed my mind about coffee cola being the worst because i just remembered that this exists View attachment 2747809
As names go that’s pretty unique though, I’ll give it that. Fizzy orange is a massive no for me, it makes me think of vomiting.

I feel absolutely shattered, like I’ve been up for two days. Have thrown together a very lazy tea for the kids (jar of Lloyd grossman garlic pasta sauce mixed with tuna, spread it on pittas and topped with extra mature cheddar and cooked), instant pizza! It smells really good. We (YH/me) have leftover pineapple noodles from yesterday.
---
I got some of the Bourbon Cream Pact coffee and I think it's delish.

Fans of Celerytown, I am enjoying the new adaptation of One Day on Netflix. The latest Emma's Leeds accent is much better than Anne Hathaway's.
Omg I cried so much watching this!! I’d not heard of the film, and I looked at the trailer after the series, and it looked tit!
Then I realised Dexter looks like more than one boy from my past…guess I do have a type!!
ETA bourbon coffee?! Sounds great

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As names go that’s pretty unique though, I’ll give it that. Fizzy orange is a massive no for me, it makes me think of vomiting.

I feel absolutely shattered, like I’ve been up for two days. Have thrown together a very lazy tea for the kids (jar of Lloyd grossman garlic pasta sauce mixed with tuna, spread it on pittas and topped with extra mature cheddar and cooked), instant pizza! It smells really good. We (YH/me) have leftover pineapple noodles from yesterday.
---

Omg I cried so much watching this!! I’d not heard of the film, and I looked at the trailer after the series, and it looked tit!
Then I realised Dexter looks like more than one boy from my past…guess I do have a type!!
ETA bourbon coffee?! Sounds great
The film was atrocious, I had read the book before reading it and the casting of Anne made 0 sense for the character

• Sad
  • Heart
Can you all clear something up for me? Is this bourbon coffee you’re all raving about bourbon as in whisky or bourbon as in biscuits?

• Haha
Not my photo - I could only get a partial one from my flat window but this was the rainbow in our village this evening 🌈
IMG_5631.jpeg
followed by a beautiful sunset
IMG_5633.jpeg

Both pictures from the village FB group which is now 90% rainbow pictures. Makes a very welcome change from moans about traffic and road works , or posts about escaped/missing dogs/cats/sheeps/horses 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just posted my disappointing rainbow on the photo a day thread. Rainbows used to much better round here in the old days. I'm struggling to blame somebody for this printer ink manufacturers.?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I’ve just got home and Mrs T has had a bottle of Rubcion orange and mango fizzy in the fridge all day. She may have had my Marks free pastry but she deserves it for this.

Gearing up for a night chilling watching the Amityville thing on BBC and enjoying it not raining or being dark at 5pm.

Laz, I’ve taken your comments on board. We have 2 cafes/bars that are our kind of places in the city that play music once a month or so. We know we need to support them and after having long conversations about why we love this odd little city, we know we need to put more effort in. We moan about students but having lived further south (relatively) for a few years in objectively a stunning place and never feeling at home, we’ve come to realise this is home. We need to see what’s in front of us. Yes it’s cold and dark sometimes but the people are fab and there are 6 Greggs ffs. Why would I want to live anywhere else?
Button availability?

Facturday-ish
Imagine when Fluffy here is fully grown, a metre long and weighing 90 kilos!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I have seen red bellied terrapins when I've been fishing, been around for 40 years. They shouldn't be in south England lakes. There are loads of rats about and pollution, don't hope for ninja ones anytime soon in my experience
Eta, red ears

• Wow
Button availability?

Facturday-ish
Imagine when Fluffy here is fully grown, a metre long and weighing 90 kilos!
No buttons today but my mother sent Montezuma minted and nutter butter which, upon tasting, I’ve decided trump buttons.

We weren’t feeling Amityville so have just finished Judy with Renee Zellwegger. I’m always sad at Judy things but I thought this was amazing. I can’t really put it into words tbh.

Finding that turtle in a lake is equivalent to finding a duck off Japanese spider crab while you are happily swimming away.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I just *knew* fluffy would turn up on this thread

mind you, he did end up in cumbria, so there you go 🤷

• Haha
Watched the Masked Singer tonight - having only dipped in and out this series. Am convinced Cricket is Lemar and went down a rabbit hole and have been listening to the Face Academy album. I was a teen when the show was on and loved it so appreciate there is a heavy dose of nostalgc bias.

Night snacks are quavers, wotsits and a snickers.

Biscuit coffee with a giant cookie from Sainsburys?

Sounds perfect.
It is.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That Lemar album was a corker, I love his voice. I've just heard the tiniest bit of Fallen by One Dove in the background of Episode 6 and it has unlocked some memories ❤

• Heart
No buttons today but my mother sent Montezuma minted and nutter butter which, upon tasting, I’ve decided trump buttons.

We weren’t feeling Amityville so have just finished Judy with Renee Zellwegger. I’m always sad at Judy things but I thought this was amazing. I can’t really put it into words tbh.

Finding that turtle in a lake is equivalent to finding a duck off Japanese spider crab while you are happily swimming away.
Incredible film, such a sad story how she was so taken advantage of. I ofte think of the e lack of laws/protection for child actors at the time when I see influencer parent putting their children all over social media

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I’ve had a wholesome day today, fraus. I needed it more than I realised. Finishing off things with a really nice gin and tonic. Mr Laz’s sister brought me the gin a few weeks ago and I popped it open tonight, it’s 👌🏼
I’m currently enjoying some Simon & Garfunkel.
I’d hazard a guess that there’s around 2,000 records on our shelves. If I could choose to keep only one artist or band, I’d choose S&G and give up everything else. Their music is perfection to me.

Tunnelly, I hope you didn’t think I was too direct. It wasn’t meant like that, but if you have some smaller venues, you should go. You might not come across anything that floats your boat, but at least you know you’ll have tried. You’ll have supported someone who’s really trying, new venue, new music, a wee beer or two and home again. I bet you and Lady Buttons will have a complete night out for less than the price of one Corrs ticket.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.