Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chizontiz

Chatty Member
Vet called me in this evening. Said they hadn’t been able to stabilise him and he was essentially drowning. Said it would be cruel to take him home. He’s gone. I held him as he went.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

freya

Coyote Ugly is getting me through. I’ve been locked in a unit but discharged myself hoping to see eldest for their big teen birthday. Abusive ex turned up which is always fun because I don’t fancy an emotional or physical beating. So I’m sorta in hiding with crap reception. I hope everyone is doing better than me and I’m sorry for the cat. Luckily mine’s turned into a guardian loaf. Not Coops obvs, I bet he wants to LEAVE.
---
Sorry if that was insensitive. I still don’t know how to spoiler.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

griftalo

VIP Member
IMG_2495.jpeg

it’s macaroni cheese day! Had rubbish start to the day when something fell on my first coffee of the day and spilled it everywhere, and so I thought, CHEESE! What can’t cheese really fix?
there’s plenty of sauce underneath, and yummy cheese on top. For the I won’t eat pasta child there’s a chicken drumstick and sweet potato mash.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Little Friend Susan is 10 years old today, she won't be getting anything extra special as every day is a birthday when you are Boudicca Susan P.
We've had cuddles and she's licked my husband's right eyebrow (it's a daily ritual) so it's already been a good day.
(Lookit her big baby marshmallow feet)
1705800043606.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30

FunnyFuneral

VIP Member
Have just had a massively shit week, which if I started on about would bore you all out of your minds. Daddy FF diagnosed with cancer which to be fair was expected, was only part of the shit week. Mr FF, who was always on my team, can get in the fucking bin. I'm taking FFdog out for a long walk in the hills tomorrow to clear my head, but honestly I'm sick of being the only person that does anything, ever. Just watched George Michael on the BBC and it actually lifted my spirits, still working his beautiful magic xx

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Falkor

VIP Member
Dilemma. Friend is selling a mare I've always liked, very cheaply for a Class 1 Connemara because she had an accident last summer when on loan that affected her hind legs and though she's been sound in the field, she hasn't yet been brought back into work and there's a chance she may not be rideable. But she's the same age as my younger horse, which would solve the problem of him having company when the older one isn't around any more (10-year age gap) and she is potentially in foal to a wonderful Highland stallion (been running with him, hasn't been scanned yet). What should I do?

1705824264745.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Wooh

VIP Member
My uncontested highlight of today's boring admin was phoning a dog food company to discuss dietary options for my pooch. I've spent quite a few hours online doing research as I think the doggo needs a dietary upgrade & I've been making calculations based on budget, storage space, health needs, not evil corporation provenance and it's been educational. It's just so nice to call a helpline and have someone who's not only knowledgeable and sensible but also lovely to talk to. Welsh accent made it even better.

Animal lovers are the best people. That's all.
I admire your ethics in purchasing (see SodStream earlier.)

It's hard work. Nice one, Mariel (see what I did there?)

Sad news, my best friend, WoohCat1, is being euthanised tomorrow morning. I have loved many cats (and will love more), yet never loved a cat as I love her. She is the best of them all. Hope you won't mind if I post a photo tomorrow.

• Heart
  • Sad

Falkor

VIP Member
Me today.
screen-shot-2020-01-06-at-5-27-15-pm_orig.png

I timed it badly and got caught in a blizzard - this was heading back home.

• Wow
  • Heart

zetta buttons

VIP Member
I just want to say, I know we are in chat or whatever, but this thread really is fab. We all have completely different lives, different challenges but when things are shit we come together to discuss and give advice. I know we get slated (an instarunner had a slagging off session on Sunday night), but really, this is the best side of social media.

❤

• Heart

Lazarus

VIP Member
I’m making pasta with leeks, fake pancetta lardons and a little bit of cream and cheese.

Fraus, I done a thing today. Was coming home on a rush hour train, a young woman sits down next to me, takes out her laptop, connects to her work internet and starts typing up a document.
By this point, I’d seen her full name, her password, the PIN number for her phone which I assume is an additional security layer.
The document is her transcript from an appeal case that was heard today at the Family Court. It had details of the parents, the child (full name) judges remarks, both legal parties remarks and date/time/location of next hearing.
I was absolutely fucking furious.
I’ve documented everything I’ve seen and reported it to her employer. Worse still, on a rush hour train there were people standing in the aisle who also would clearly have been able to see everything on her screen.
She should never have been working on that on a train, and worse that she has no privacy screen. I feel like emailing the judge too, as I have his details as well.
People are so fucking dumb. I’m absolutely seething at how poor her awareness is.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27

griftalo

VIP Member
Mega rant so just scroll on if needed

I went out last night for a bit to see a friend - I never go anywhere anymore, was having a really lovely time when I started to have a really awful pain, and came home in agony, I think I’ve got pleurisy, it hurts to breathe in more than shallowly, and thanks to my enormous stupid resistance to pain medication, after two cocodamol and two ibuprofen I’m still in pain, and to top it off I seem to have bursitis in my hip again. Got into bed squeaking in pain and shaking from fear last night. Lay awake for ages worrying it was my more serious health problem and resigned myself to the fact I might not wake up. I’ve done nothing today, I managed to get myself up at 11am to get painkillers and that’s it apart from tipping out a tray of super expensive grainless cat food for the kitties. Young Harold’s done the school run etc but has not bothered to see if I’m ok. I’ve just been in bed. I really hope this doesn’t last long. I cleaned up mould the other day so I hope it’s not pneumonia as it nearly killed me last time. It must be nice in times like this to have a parent you can call on for sympathy or actual assistance.
Life has been so stressful lately which is why I’ve barely posted but I feel like I’m surrounded by people who don’t give a shit, I can’t bring anything up without having the conversation flipped on me, or being accused of starting an argument. I just want to be able to express myself and ask for help with things without being treated like an unreasonable tyrant. For example I explained to YH why moving the quilt I was going to wash because the cats were sick on it affected my process (adhd) because it had moved from where I put it (visual reminder) and I just wanted YH to understand why I was upset that it ended up not being washed (he didn’t wash it or even wet it or put stain treatment on - and once he moved it when I had planned to take it straight to wash as soon as I went downstairs in a minute- but as he moved it - I forgot it existed.) I just want someone to care enough to try and understand the things I find hard when all I do is run around with my head bursting from mental load every day - I’ve been the one to initiate sorting all the kids sen accommodations, ehcps, transport for one, and had one at home sick for over a year, but what I got was “why are you trying to have an argument?” It’s also all my fault that the house we live in isn’t up to (teenager)’s standards of friends who have home bars stocked with grey goose and enough rooms for everyone and brand new bathrooms, but they won’t help in the house at all, or keep their own room clean and YH has never had a decorating idea or bought furniture in his life. It’s shit having all the responsibility so you can get all the blame. I’m fucking exhausted with it all. The house did go a little to wrack and ruin through December as I was caring for one of the kids who had had an operation. I explained to YH how it had been hard on my mental health being stuck home with child every day AGAIN after getting one back into education (kid couldn’t do physical activity and likes to run as standard speed and that was forbidden, plus I get 100x more done if I can occasionally be home alone) and the response “you weren’t here alone”
Yes I know!!! I can’t say anything about me without it being defence from him. I’m beginning to feel it’s all utterly futile. He can’t or won’t accept I can have feelings without it blaming him or being about him at all.
I got ranted at about a cardboard box that I was meant to be a mind reader about recently when the recycling bins were full. It was there because the bins were full, which we had just discussed. He says well the bins got emptied last week. The bin had been filled up again since though but the box that was bothering him so much he’d just left it?? he said I could’ve asked him? i said he could’ve asked me about it. He says again I could’ve asked him. It’s mind-bendingly weird to me I feel like I’m constantly having petty shit like this thrown at me when I feel a grown adult should be able to express their feelings and also move a box if it bothers them. He’s since apologised over that but gone on to be a dickhead about other stuff.
I really hope there’s a me in another reality getting to enjoy healthy communication somewhere because this really isn’t it.

found this really good video this week. This guy is so spot on. He wrote This is how your marriage ends, which is pretty good. https://matthewfray.com/2022/04/07/why-your-spouse-is-never-happy-no-matter-what-you-do-video/
---
This popped up on my socials today. Comedy gold for anyone looking to break up a dreary afternoon.

Feel a bit sad that the horse lived there alone but I did laugh when he said well if you live in a rough place 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Wooh

VIP Member
A major accounting firm still uses me as a "why you should never, ever work on confidential documents on the train home" lesson. I was on the train, happened to glance at the guy next to me, who was reading confidential documents, clearly identified with his firm's logo. They happened to be our auditors, and we were being audited at the time. Next day, I popped into their meeting room and said "does project [whatever] mean something to you?"

I've never seen anyone turn green before, it was quite interesting.

Bottom line, yep, report that sucker.
Fun fact, on a Thursday! And an Honourable Dongle Style mention.

I was a Judge's Associate back in the day. Except it wasn't a court, it was a tribunal, so the judges were called Members.

Thank you.

My Member was 2IC, so we travelled a lot interstate. His senior status entitled him to business class. I was *required* to also travel business class to protect him from any conflict of interest person (counsel or hearing party or anyone related) from hearing any work talk or seeing any documents.

Best job ever, drinking wine in business class with my Member and my dongle.
---
Thank you re my cat, everyone. The deed is done and it was beautiful.

Here she is, a couple of my favourites. She was so confident:
received_1121752081691045.jpeg

received_277903840580964.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
sorry this is boring but I need to get it off my chest so I can move on with my weekend.
I have two colleagues who get along with each other but don’t like me. That’s fine, no-one is everyone’s cup of tea.

But the other day it was just me and those two in the office. At one point they were whispering to each other, when I was the only person in the room. Which sounds like such a petty thing to be bothered about. But one of them snaps at me and talks to me like crap in front of other people, and the other one makes passive aggressive comments, clearly aimed at me, at best, and at worst, talks to me in a patronising, irritated way.

I’m already struggling in this job and looking to leave, but all this stuff is really hurting. While I’m still there I just want it turn up and do my job, I don’t have the mental energy for this shit.

On a lighter note, it will be amazing if things actually develop further between me and my long distance girl, and I can say “fuck you all, I‘m moving to [redacted]!”

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Falkor

VIP Member
It's a bit snowy up here. This was 8.30am and it's continued on and off all day, so even deeper now. The ponies' own natural insulation is working wonderfully, they're cold enough at the surface that the snow doesn't melt from their body heat, but stick a hand into their armpits and they're absolutely toasty :) That said, they and all the ladies were very pleased to see me rock up on the quad bike with some haylage and a small gardening fork to break all the ice on the water tubs!

1705428797743.jpeg

1705428811396.jpeg

1705428829593.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 25

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Lads, the Victorian government is set to undertake an enquiry into endometriosis and why women's health and pain can be ignored by some medical professionals. I've spent the weekend in discomfort with a possible vaginal prolapse along with the usual pain and nausea so I'm already fragile.
When I read the story I started crying, trying to explain to Harold in between big sobs and blowing my nose what this means not just for me but for every woman with my condition. How different my life would have been with proper education and intervention, he was just like "That's great, boo-boo."
Anyway, mad ups to VicGov for finally doing the right thing for women. I have a pelvic ultrasound on Friday, one of those where you can't wee before the appointment but it's on the same road I live on, just a few minutes walk. Thanks for listening, Ninnies and Blessed Be.

• Heart
Reactions: 25