Food and Drink #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do not tempt me to mither, for I have been noisy of late.

In late November and December, I "checked in" with medical professionals and stopped taking my Zoloft/Sertraline antidepressants.

On the basis that it (cough) hadn't helped much in 2023, just quietly.

Said medical professional, "Yes actually, Sertaline isn't designed/ best purpose for long term use."

I didn't punch him (Mr oh special psychiatrist) in the face. Send cashos!

I'm fine. Generally, it's not a pharmaceutical from which one "withdraws", but I'm glad I was smart to ask.

Everything remains good and I'm stoked to feel so creative. So arty farty creative again.

It's nice.

Have plenty of tools to see off Depression if/when it marches in.

This is only my position, not an opinion on any other person.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
IMG_2434.jpeg

Yes I do. The amount of mental energy I expend each week for other people is insane. I’m tired.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So kitchen gadgets, are we including slow cookers? I haven't used mine in ages, been eating lots of stovetop meals more than anything else lately.

Reactions: 12
So kitchen gadgets, are we including slow cookers? I haven't used mine in ages, been eating lots of stovetop meals more than anything else lately.
Slow cooker cooking is a real type, not just seasonal but about mouth and gut feel. Sometimes it's good to put it (the SC) in the lower shelves to enjoy a stove top feel.

Reactions: 11
Today was meant to be my productive week and I feel like I've been run over 😭. Totally lost my voice, but not much of a cough so hopefully it's not this million-day cough that's doing the rounds.

My therapist suggested I have ADHD, an idea I was resistant to until I read a book about it, and did some research on relatively successful (although I'd put that word in inverted commas for me) with ADHD and it explains what I just thought was my lazy, disorganised, procrastinating, quite intense personality. I'm not going to get a diagnosis, I'm not sure what the point would be and I can't battle with the NHS any more (I've had PTSD symptoms for years and they repeatedly tell me it's "just" depression/anxiety), but I do need to figure out how to actually be productive. There's no oversight in my job which means I do nothing 90% of the time and then a month's worth of work in 4 days. Which my boss then said is some of the best work he's ever seen. And so the hideous, painful cycle repeats. And now I feel like Guest and her self diagnosed nonsense.

That was a big rant I wasn't expecting, sorry 😂.

As for kitchen gadgets, my new air fryer is delightful. My oven is dead to me now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Today was meant to be my productive week and I feel like I've been run over 😭. Totally lost my voice, but not much of a cough so hopefully it's not this million-day cough that's doing the rounds.

My therapist suggested I have ADHD, an idea I was resistant to until I read a book about it, and did some research on relatively successful (although I'd put that word in inverted commas for me) with ADHD and it explains what I just thought was my lazy, disorganised, procrastinating, quite intense personality. I'm not going to get a diagnosis, I'm not sure what the point would be and I can't battle with the NHS any more (I've had PTSD symptoms for years and they repeatedly tell me it's "just" depression/anxiety), but I do need to figure out how to actually be productive. There's no oversight in my job which means I do nothing 90% of the time and then a month's worth of work in 4 days. Which my boss then said is some of the best work he's ever seen. And so the hideous, painful cycle repeats. And now I feel like Guest and her self diagnosed nonsense.

That was a big rant I wasn't expecting, sorry 😂.

As for kitchen gadgets, my new air fryer is delightful. My oven is dead to me now.
Bloody love my air fryer!! I’ve unplugged the oven! Didn’t seem worth the waste of electric for the clock on it.
Medication was the reason I got diagnosed. So it’s worth it if you think you’d like to try it.
Routines where you can set them help, timers, doing stuff immediately (before you forget), clothes ready the night before, make the same meals every week (saves brain energy), then save a shopping list for online delivery for those things so you can just add incidental bits on.
I also have ptsd, not had any help but not been invalidated either. Sorry it’s been tit for you.

• Heart
Bloody love my air fryer!! I’ve unplugged the oven! Didn’t seem worth the waste of electric for the clock on it.
Medication was the reason I got diagnosed. So it’s worth it if you think you’d like to try it.
Routines where you can set them help, timers, doing stuff immediately (before you forget), clothes ready the night before, make the same meals every week (saves brain energy), then save a shopping list for online delivery for those things so you can just add incidental bits on.
I also have ptsd, not had any help but not been invalidated either. Sorry it’s been tit for you.
Thanks for the tips! I realise I do a lot of stuff at home that has helped me work around my disorganised, chaotic ways... clean and tidy as I go or it would never get done, everything has a place (but ideally where I can see it as I have no object permanence), doing stuff straight away, having specific routines for getting ready and out the front door, ongoing lists, checking in with other people so I have some external accountability.

It's just my actual job, I do casework that requires long term planning and it's just... well, I'm sure you know how stuff that requires long term planning is 😂. I now realise why I did well in horrific but fast paced jobs, high pressure jobs that I hated, because I had no choice but to do everything right now. Working from home where there's little oversight has really exacerbated things I think. I feel terrible complaining about it though because I know millions of people would love a job where there's flexibility and trust. I need to adapt my coping mechanisms to work too but as ever I'm not sure where to begin.

On the plus side I've just started paroxetine for my ptsd and it's really helped stabilise my mood so now at least things feel doable, I just need to figure out how.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks for the tips! I realise I do a lot of stuff at home that has helped me work around my disorganised, chaotic ways... clean and tidy as I go or it would never get done, everything has a place (but ideally where I can see it as I have no object permanence), doing stuff straight away, having specific routines for getting ready and out the front door, ongoing lists, checking in with other people so I have some external accountability.

It's just my actual job, I do casework that requires long term planning and it's just... well, I'm sure you know how stuff that requires long term planning is 😂. I now realise why I did well in horrific but fast paced jobs, high pressure jobs that I hated, because I had no choice but to do everything right now. Working from home where there's little oversight has really exacerbated things I think. I feel terrible complaining about it though because I know millions of people would love a job where there's flexibility and trust. I need to adapt my coping mechanisms to work too but as ever I'm not sure where to begin.

On the plus side I've just started paroxetine for my ptsd and it's really helped stabilise my mood so now at least things feel doable, I just need to figure out how.
Are you a visual learner? For me a whiteboard is really helpful, so I was wondering if making a visual timeline of what has to be done when would help you, on paper. If you’re not a visual learner, I got nothing!
do you have an online calendar that can send you reminders?
Don’t feel bad talking about it, we all have stuff we need help with and it’s perfectly valid to talk about struggling whatever anyone else’s job is.
I’m glad medication is helping somewhat.

On a food note - I’ve just sent young Harold to the takeaway for some nan to eat with the dal I made the other day and defrosted and mixed cooked potato (peeled leftover jackets - cubed) and mince(fried with garlic) into today. Not having rice for once. Garlic and peshwari nan YUM!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Are you a visual learner? For me a whiteboard is really helpful, so I was wondering if making a visual timeline of what has to be done when would help you, on paper. If you’re not a visual learner, I got nothing!
do you have an online calendar that can send you reminders?
Don’t feel bad talking about it, we all have stuff we need help with and it’s perfectly valid to talk about struggling whatever anyone else’s job is.
I’m glad medication is helping somewhat.

On a food note - I’ve just sent young Harold to the takeaway for some nan to eat with the dal I made the other day and defrosted and mixed cooked potato (peeled leftover jackets - cubed) and mince(fried with garlic) into today. Not having rice for once. Garlic and peshwari nan YUM!
I'm a visual and written learner - you've just given me an idea, in my old job I used to make loads of flow charts for my team and there's nothing like that in my current job, but I could probably do one for each of my cases so I know which critical point I'm at and what I need to do. Half the trouble for me is getting going - I assume I've lost control or done something wrong or missed a deadline so I just procrastinate and ignore things because I'd rather just not do something than fail... I think a visual representation of where I'm up to and whay I've got left to do would be really useful! Thank you!

• Heart
It's a bit snowy up here. This was 8.30am and it's continued on and off all day, so even deeper now. The ponies' own natural insulation is working wonderfully, they're cold enough at the surface that the snow doesn't melt from their body heat, but stick a hand into their armpits and they're absolutely toasty :) That said, they and all the ladies were very pleased to see me rock up on the quad bike with some haylage and a small gardening fork to break all the ice on the water tubs!

1705428797743.jpeg

1705428811396.jpeg

1705428829593.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 25

I have had funding through access to work for an ADHD coach who will help me untangle what to do next, where to start with it and realistically how long it should take. Then I can use that info to collate a process manual so it's easier the next time. I'm great at doing this for other people but can't do it for myself, drives me bananas.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's a bit snowy up here. This was 8.30am and it's continued on and off all day, so even deeper now. The ponies' own natural insulation is working wonderfully, they're cold enough at the surface that the snow doesn't melt from their body heat, but stick a hand into their armpits and they're absolutely toasty :) That said, they and all the ladies were very pleased to see me rock up on the quad bike with some haylage and a small gardening fork to break all the ice on the water tubs!

View attachment 2694269

View attachment 2694270

View attachment 2694271
I can’t really say how much I want to
cuddle that sheep!!

• Heart
Fucker of a day. All the stuff we talked through and decided on yesterday unpicked and gone back on by these absolute duck heads.

It's bordering on sabotage at this point. I've never worked with two people (it's mainly coming from the dude tho) who are so stupid and so unwilling to compromise on anything. They only agreed yesterday as one of the bosses from the channel were on the call, now it's like that call didn't happen.

I don't mind saying at this point I hate them and I hate working with them. The most pointless frustrating experience. 17 days! 😑

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Fucker of a day. All the stuff we talked through and decided on yesterday unpicked and gone back on by these absolute duck heads.

It's bordering on sabotage at this point. I've never worked with two people (it's mainly coming from the dude tho) who are so stupid and so unwilling to compromise on anything. They only agreed yesterday as one of the bosses from the channel were on the call, now it's like that call didn't happen.

I don't mind saying at this point I hate them and I hate working with them. The most pointless frustrating experience. 17 days! 😑
Will every day involve you working with them like this or will you get some reprieve?

• Heart
I'm trying to get some but they keep us all so busy on pointless documents arguing over the smallest thing that my time with my editor is diminishing with each day, then guess who will complain that things haven't been done!

Honestly you couldn't write it. Sorry for the whinge guys, they're just

• Heart
I want that sheep as a friend.
Hoping you stay warm and snuggly, there's a big dump of rain coming in a few hours so Im hoping that will cool things off a bit, I'm well over summer already.
Regular readers 😂 will know I suffer from constant nausea, the medication I take and all the substitutes are now unavailable until April due to manufacturing concerns, holy cow.
I can take ginger tablets and wear sea bands if it's not too bad but this is going to be a rough couple of months coming up. I have a GP appointment tomorrow so I hope I can find something else that's not too expensive.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Tunnel dog can walk on black ice. Us, not so much. We couldn’t reach the evening’s activities so I’ll have to try and locate it when it’s less slippy. I’ve ordered Mrs T to get the bus to work tomorrow. Not sure the hill down out of our road is doable. I’m going to slide the mile and a half in.

Our oven has been off at the wall for months. I still clean it every 4 weeks though. Idiot. I love our ninja foodi. It’s the smallest one (still huge in my opinion) but does so much. I generally burn/undercook/make stuff taste like tit but Mrs T is amazing with it. I’m learning though.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Tunnel dog can walk on black ice. Us, not so much. We couldn’t reach the evening’s activities so I’ll have to try and locate it when it’s less slippy. I’ve ordered Mrs T to get the bus to work tomorrow. Not sure the hill down out of our road is doable. I’m going to slide the mile and a half in.

Our oven has been off at the wall for months. I still clean it every 4 weeks though. Idiot. I love our ninja foodi. It’s the smallest one (still huge in my opinion) but does so much. I generally burn/undercook/make stuff taste like tit but Mrs T is amazing with it. I’m learning though.
I’ve heard socks over your shoes helps!

• Wow
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.