Food and Drink #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you’ve had a tit day and need a hug, (either because a little one is ill, work is tit or it’s hot AF and the furs are too hot) sometimes the only thing to do is hold your hands up and dance.

loved this song when I was younger!

I once won a runner up prize in I think it was fast forward magazine of a promotional cd featuring this and a dance remix of the theme tune from one foot in the grave

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

I once won a runner up prize in I think it was fast forward magazine of a promotional cd featuring this and a dance remix of the theme tune from one foot in the grave

how did i forget this existed 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
When you’ve had a tit day and need a hug, (either because a little one is ill, work is tit or it’s hot AF and the furs are too hot) sometimes the only thing to do is hold your hands up and dance.

One of the best tunes!!

I’ve got a really horrible cough tonight, like dog bark. I’ve recovered from pleurisy, gone straight to chest infection coughing up absolute disgustingness to this itchy bark which is even worse. It’s been made 100x worse by the heating coming on, (I’ve turned it off) which made me think about saravag’s house…

• Heart
One of the best tunes!!

I’ve got a really horrible cough tonight, like dog bark. I’ve recovered from pleurisy, gone straight to chest infection coughing up absolute disgustingness to this itchy bark which is even worse. It’s been made 100x worse by the heating coming on, (I’ve turned it off) which made me think about saravag’s house…
Oh no, that kind of cough is exhausting. I really hope you feel better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

how did i forget this existed 😂😂
aye, that's the one 👍

let us not forget, also, that richard wilson was just 53 when the show started

and... there's the twitter account meldrew point that marks the day a celebrity passes the exact age of richard when the show was first broadcast

latest to qualify is my homeboy alan shearer 😀

IMG_20240209_232738.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
He’s a dream, Hotes.
Welcome, baby Tilaire ♥💜♥
Mrs T went to some huge concerts in her day (Blur and Pulp were my coolest ones- Smash Hits poll winners party was the best though 🤣🤣🤣).

Anyway, she can’t remember them. G&R, the Prodigy, Janet Jackson, Metallica, Kylie . There’s more apparently but she’s watching hoof videos (🙄🤢).
My best gig was Bob Marley at the Brighton Centre about 40 years ago. Got stooooneed just from the air (smoking indoors was allowed then, although ganja wasn't but the whole place was drifting with it - when Bob came on stage he commented on "there's something mystic blowing in the wind here tonight " and then immediately did the song. Fabulous

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My best gig was Bob Marley at the Brighton Centre about 40 years ago. Got stooooneed just from the air (smoking indoors was allowed then, although ganja wasn't but the whole place was drifting with it - when Bob came on stage he commented on "there's something mystic blowing in the wind here tonight " and then immediately did the song. Fabulous
That’s just blown my mind!* It sounds weird but it’s easy to forget that Bob Marley was a real person who done things like play gigs in the UK!

*as much as the N-Trance/One Foot In The Grave double a-side prize!

• Heart
This is a bit random but @Sideboard Bob
I really really hope this comes across the right way - it's a bit weird as I obviously don't actually know you (and I realise it's also weird to be like "oh this kinda sad but beautiful song reminds me of your situation" like..... ), but whenever I listen to Empty I think of you and your long distance potential relationship and hope that things work out for you 🙏🙏🙏

When I'm here I'm also just going to recommend this beautiful remix that I've been listening to non stop. tbh im starting to wonder if it was the original version of the song 🤨

also been listening to The Power of Love and Always on my mind a lot after watching All of Us Strangers 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This is a bit random but @Sideboard Bob
I really really hope this comes across the right way - it's a bit weird as I obviously don't actually know you (and I realise it's also weird to be like "oh this kinda sad but beautiful song reminds me of your situation" like..... ), but whenever I listen to Empty I think of you and your long distance potential relationship and hope that things work out for you 🙏🙏🙏

When I'm here I'm also just going to recommend this beautiful remix that I've been listening to non stop. tbh im starting to wonder if it was the original version of the song 🤨

also been listening to The Power of Love and Always on my mind a lot after watching All of Us Strangers 🥲
Awww! 😍

It doesn’t come across weird, I’m so touched! And yeah, that song is bang on! Although thankfully our situation doesn’t feel as angsty! But the rest of it, yes! What a beautiful song!

Thank you so much! I hope so too! And it might just, I still can’t believe it but it looks like we’ll be meeting in real life this year!! She’s going to be in my part of the world 📐!

It feels like we’re so right for each other in so many ways, but in real life chemistry will really show if that’s the case, ahhhh!

Omg that remix! It’s so different to the original but it works. So here for the Janet love, my faves are Go Deep and That’s The Way Love Goes.

• Heart
oh, I so often go through a youtube run of simpsons musical numbers like I do with strictly dances

why is dr zaius the best?
Can I play the piano any more?
Of course you can!
Well I couldn't before 🤣

Jack Monroe please note you never could 🎹🎹🎹🎹

• Haha
Reactions: 10

I so vividly remember this song coming out, the video everything, also loved this:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've just had a little look on you tube and it was 1980! And there is a little short clip of him saying the very similar words. Amazing. Me and my boyfriend at the time went there on his motorbike and he was so stoned he took a wrong turn and it took us 4 hours to do a 40 minute drive home 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
I know you’re all going to be like 🙄 what’s she talking about, they sell the best sausage rolls ever, what’s coffee got to do with it?, but Greggs coffee is lush. Relatively cheap (we lost our pret and our nice independents are expensive to fleece students), no fancy Starbucks crap and the flat white is just basic, tasty coffee.

We used to be cafetière people but unfortunately Mrs T dropped an open bag of coffee on the kitchen floor. We are now nespresso people. I know the coffee is vastly inferior but I’ve never recovered from that day.
I once bought a latte and had to bin it, it was like ten espressos with some milk waved at them

• Haha
I’m feeling a rank coming on. Although this will definitely will affected by location. We have 6 Greggs in a 3 mile radius and no Pret. If Hotes came here she’d love it because there’s a couple of Costas but a fuckton of Tescos and therefore a fuckton of Costas in Tescos.

Therefore my rank is

Greggs
Nero (because it’s free due to Tunnel dog)
Marks (because it’s sometimes free)
Macdonalds

Big space where we contemplate going home for mediocre but mess-free nespresso

Starbucks
Costa

• Heart
My rank is
Costa
Costa in a tescos/hospital
Costa machine
Caffe Nero for hot choc or frappe
buy tea
buy pepsi max

• Haha
Pepsi max you say?

Jury’s still out on this here. I find it harder to distinguish the OG (cherry) from its poorer cousin (normal).

We aren’t discussing mango/lime/raspberry. I’ve heard from someone at work that you can get vanilla on draft somewhere round here. It’s probably somewhere in Stanley and they’ve probably mixed something illegal in normal Pepsi Max.

😵💫

(I was trying to find a picture of Stanley to show those who might not be familiar but obviously all that came up was those godawful cups. Ex-colliery. Snowy. Odd. You can buy a 3 bed for £35k.)
IMG_6234.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.