Food and Drink #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not the only fact The Masked Singer has given us tonight 😂 I’m never going to look at Shirley Ballas the same 😂
Where is the masked singer? Can't find it anywhere. Also as an extra from the celebrity death pool, I looked up celebrities who share my birthday and they are mostly unknown to me, but I thought I recognised Tom Waites or somesuch. Is he the Bouoluvard guy???

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Can someone help a confuzzled carrot? Metric does not compute (I’m old) if one item is £2.50 kg and another is 23p per 100g 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can someone help a confuzzled carrot? Metric does not compute (I’m old) if one item is £2.50 kg and another is 23p per 100g 🤷‍♀️
Item A: £2.50/ kg or 25p per 100g
Item B: £2.30/kg or 23p per 100g

Item B is cheaper.

I'm a whizz at this because my mum taught me how to compare prices by weight in the supermarket. But am totally lost when having to compare metric prices against imperial.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just always remember that I need to multiply or divide by 10 because food labels always tend to be 100g or 1kg. Once you’ve got that the p to £ conversion is easy.

Reactions: 8
Item A: £2.50/ kg or 25p per 100g
Item B: £2.30/kg or 23p per 100g

Item B is cheaper.

I'm a whizz at this because my mum taught me how to compare prices by weight in the supermarket. But am totally lost when having to compare metric prices against imperial.
Thank (space) you
---
I just always remember that I need to multiply or divide by 10 because food labels always tend to be 100g or 1kg. Once you’ve got that the p to £ conversion is easy.

Reactions: 9
I happened across this clip of the Masked Singer UK (current season) and Piranha singing Queen Celine's 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now' is just gorgeous. Whoever it is has a beautiful voice and I love how they use their fins.

• Heart
I happened across this clip of the Masked Singer UK (current season) and Piranha singing Queen Celine's 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now' is just gorgeous. Whoever it is has a beautiful voice and I love how they use their fins.
Is it Jack tho, I don't think so 🤣❤🛎🙄
---
Is it Jack tho, I don't think so 🤣❤ 🔔🔚 x
---
urgh I hate explaining maths. It just exists in my brain, embedded.
I can't do Maths AT ALL, Dearly beloved Mr FF ( on borrowed time) has done a sum in his head today and laughed at me doing it on a calculator. He's on borrowed time for the taking the piss out of me lads xx

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
most suggestions are that it's danny out of mcfly...

and if you like that, how's about nige and katya's rumba to the same song? before his broken ribs, poor baby ☹

• Heart
Happy Saturday folks. Hope everyone in the north is staying warm and everyone in the south is staying cool.

Following on from the Tabby McTat convo, here's the magnificent Julia Donaldson celebrating 25 years of the Gruffalo this week. She and her husband went into a primary school to sing songs and eat cake with small people and there is nothing more pure and joyful than that.

All the grifters can get in the bin.

View attachment 2686830

(Pic lifted from Twitter without attribution)
I have a brush with fame! Mentioned Tabby McTat (still 😭!) to my family, and sister in law said
Screenshot_2024-01-14-13-36-33-41_be80aec1db9a2b53c9d399db0c602181.jpg

I am amazed

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Do you know what? I think it's Glenn Medeiros. His daughter is trying to be famous on tiktok now so it would make sense.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
A belated Facturday! ‘I Have Nothing’ by Whitney Houston is kind of about Elvis Presley!

IMG_5449.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Check-over time for the ladies this morning as we're due a lot of snow this week and I needed to know what sort of body condition they were in under their very thick fleeces for feeding purposes. All fine, and look at Mrs Ears' ears! She's done a great job of growing hair back :) She has one small crusty patch on the front of the ear nearest the camera, so got another layer of Sudocrem plastered on. It'll be interesting to see if she now has enough zinc back in her system from the mineral lick to not need treatment when the sun comes back.

20240114_101250_resized.jpg

Gladys Six has lost her eye completely now - over the past couple of weeks the damaged eyeball has gradually disintegrated and dropped out. But she has a completely healthy, clean pink eye socket and has adapted amazingly well to her loss of sight on that side. Fingers crossed she'll go on for several more years yet :) (She and Nibbles will be 8 this year).

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Check-over time for the ladies this morning as we're due a lot of snow this week and I needed to know what sort of body condition they were in under their very thick fleeces for feeding purposes. All fine, and look at Mrs Ears' ears! She's done a great job of growing hair back :) She has one small crusty patch on the front of the ear nearest the camera, so got another layer of Sudocrem plastered on. It'll be interesting to see if she now has enough zinc back in her system from the mineral lick to not need treatment when the sun comes back.

View attachment 2688420

Gladys Six has lost her eye completely now - over the past couple of weeks the damaged eyeball has gradually disintegrated and dropped out. But she has a completely healthy, clean pink eye socket and has adapted amazingly well to her loss of sight on that side. Fingers crossed she'll go on for several more years yet :) (She and Nibbles will be 8 this year).
Love this crisp and caring/loving update, @Falkor

My WoohPony3 is currently green thanks to rubbing Prendoderm ointment into his mosquito-ultrasensitive skin.

It's a JOB looking after the loved animals x

Am adding Sudocream to pony first aid kit, thanks

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Reminds me of the time I decided to cut my own hair when I was old enough to know better but not old enough to shrug off the teasing that followed.
Reminds me of when my best friend told 6 year old me that putting chewing gum behind your ear was a good place to store it. I had long hair up until then.

Surprisingly we are still friends 52 years on.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Pouring with rain at my home, so naturally I put my indoor plants out for the night of mineral rich water.

Also, I slipped taking out the last plant, skidded off verandah, face down into mud, very sexy.

Am definitely not even invited to a Liz Fraser thread bbq.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
19 days left of my contract. 19 days. I cannot describe the deep dread I have in the pit of my stomach thinking about going in tomorrow.

If it were just notes like a normal edit, fine, but I have to talk to these incompetent bell ends tomorrow and defend my decision to NOT put things they want into the show because I know they will make it worse. Honestly I'd rather launch myself into the sun. It's such a waste of everyone's time. I'm going to insist my editor be on the call too so I'm not railroaded into it. Eurgh. Just so fed up but I have to keep reminding myself, 19 days!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
19 days left of my contract. 19 days. I cannot describe the deep dread I have in the pit of my stomach thinking about going in tomorrow.

If it were just notes like a normal edit, fine, but I have to talk to these incompetent bell ends tomorrow and defend my decision to NOT put things they want into the show because I know they will make it worse. Honestly I'd rather launch myself into the sun. It's such a waste of everyone's time. I'm going to insist my editor be on the call too so I'm not railroaded into it. Eurgh. Just so fed up but I have to keep reminding myself, 19 days!
Or you could say yes but not actually do it?
I only ever did one edit (on FAST back in the day) wrote up what I did which included having to repair missing words from where the dialogue wasn’t recorded properly) like it was a lot of work that shouldn’t even be needed but the director was a tool.
In fact, he was that much of a tool that he re-edited all of my changes OUT so the end product was literally unwatchable dog tit.
And that‘s why I stopped working in TV

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.