Food and Drink #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a Spanish one (or possibly Italian?) that M&S used to import in that I loved.
Edit: I don't think it was Vichy Catalan although that one is salty and delicious - tastes like tiles 🙄.
Edit 2: It was Acqua Panna.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
There was a Spanish one (or possibly Italian?) that M&S used to import in that I loved.
Edit: I don't think it was Vichy Catalan although that one is salty and delicious - tastes like tiles 🙄.
Edit 2: It was Acqua Panna.
Yes. Vichy Catalan. That’s the one I adore.

Salty fizzy water. What will people think? 🤔 🙄😍

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sparkling water tastes like I imagine battery acid to taste so I hate it. “Fun” in Germany where sparkling seemed to be the default and I thought I’d die of dehydration (dramatic? Me?)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know how you lads like a good bin story

some of our neighbours have to keep their bins in the street as there's no space round the back of their flats. it's a converted chippy. these bins are right in our line of sight through our living room balcony doors and obviously, we see all the usual culprits using them as public bins, even though there's a public bin right there!

anyhoo, I saw something quite different today

a gentleman was passing by and, like many people, for some reason, decided to have a good look in said bins

I could only watch aghast as he reached into a black bin, pulled out a carrier of rubbish (carrier recognisable as being from the mini market), untied it, emptied it into the bin and strolled off with the carrier bag! 🫣

best bit is, the mini market doesn't even charge for carrier bags! 🙃

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I used to like San Pellegrino but I don’t think it’s fizzy enough anymore. There was one that had an extra fizzy version in a red bottle but I can’t remember what it was.
SAME! I don’t know what’s happened to SP water, but I think it’s gone right downhill. I’m also a sparkling water drinker, but my preference is the 500ml bottles.
my favourite is the Aqua Pura or Buxton ones 🤌🏻
I used to like the Lidl ones, but it’s really pricy. Like about 40p a 500ml bottle. Who’s got time for that?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Today's an excellent day. I purchased a cold brew filter pot for xmas, and a cheap coffee grinder and they've now paid for themselves. Free coffee!!!

Screenshot_2024-01-16-08-43-56-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Cold brew is delicious, and of course can be warmed after the process. And after careful consideration, I'm very happy with the Aldi award-winning Lavazzi coffee beans, sadly in comparison to all the locally made roasts.

This is a very Sydney thing, I fear, to run around to "local roasters" saying "ja, ja, a lovely smooth roast" etc. but it's better than other habits I've undertaken!

Thought you might like the reviews of the coffee grinder:

Just saw some blue sky patches! Best head off to work! Later, bored housewives

• Heart
For anyone suffering a particularly blue Monday today, here's the silliest local news story ever:

My eldest paid to get her hamster cremated and got a gorgeous little urn. Sat on her TV unit for two years and then it must’ve fallen off (probably one of the cats knocking tit off units as we know they do) because she had a deep clean in her room one day and accidentally threw him away 😱😱😱

The urn must’ve been mixed up in all the crap she had on her floor :( Poor Dexter!

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Plenty of bears get brought in to shelters that were sold as dogs. Many people don't have great education still, but really , a bear.
I really really like bears. I’d like to think I’d make it work 😂
---
Yes. Vichy Catalan. That’s the one I adore.

Salty fizzy water. What will people think? 🤔 🙄😍
I bought one that was meant to be low sodium and it was actually so salty and disgusting. I can’t remember the name but it’s not cheap at all! I like highland spring best as it’s about the lowest sodium. I live in a really soft water area and anything too mineral-y tastes gross to me. Volvic is okay and Evian is yuk.

• Haha
I really really like bears. I’d like to think I’d make it work 😂
---

I bought one that was meant to be low sodium and it was actually so salty and disgusting. I can’t remember the name but it’s not cheap at all! I like highland spring best as it’s about the lowest sodium. I live in a really soft water area and anything too mineral-y tastes gross to me. Volvic is okay and Evian is yuk.
Acqua Carpatica - vile. Do not recommend at all.

Reactions: 9
Ooh sparkling water conversation: I'm in! Have a sofa stream (white), even when I'm alone (most of the time) I announce, "and here's some lightly carbonated water to enjoy with your meal."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Highland Spring is a great shout - that’s a lovely sparkling water. Nicely fizzed 😍

Room temp, no ice, no slice for me. No glass either - it loses the fizz too quickly that way.

I’d love a soda stream - only because they came out when I was a kid 🍉 and it’s that nostalgia thing but apart from the cola one I’m pretty sure all the rest of the flavours were bleeping shite. Also, how do you get the tubes now? Can you get them “re-gassed” like air com units or do you have to keep buying new ones?

I’m hoping someone knows what I’m asking - it’s been a long day of studying, walking (hard work for me) housework and job applications 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’d love a soda stream - only because they came out when I was a kid 🍉 and it’s that nostalgia thing but apart from the cola one I’m pretty sure all the rest of the flavours were bleeping shite. Also, how do you get the tubes now? Can you get them “re-gassed” like air com units or do you have to keep buying new ones?

I’m hoping someone knows what I’m asking - it’s been a long day of studying, walking (hard work for me) housework and job applications 🤣🤣
They’ve got brand flavours now, Pepsi etc and apparently they’re pretty good. I go through phases of wanting one but I know in my heart I’d use it incessantly until the first cylinder ran out and then it would join the toastie maker, the bread maker, the egg cooker and other miscellaneous kitchen “gadgets” in the cupboard under the stairs where they go to die.

• Haha
I don't like sparkling water and am very lucky to live in yorkshire, where the tap water is ace 💙

in other sparkling drinks news, I got a free can of monster with my whoosh delivery tonight

I like how my nails match it 💚

IMG_20240115_230452.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.