Food and Drink #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This time it was 2043 and people were eating rats like we eat chicken. I was in a cafe and they had cream of rat soup on the menu. The government allocates you with a job and I was a performer. I had to go onstage in a really colourful jumpsuit.
I don't think I need this one analysing, thanks 😂.
this reminds me of when Harry Potter gets the grim, and Ron says well you’re gonna suffer, but you’ll be happy about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@emm that criminal record thing is unbelievable. I don’t know who I prefer, Peter Capaldi or Cush Jumbo. Both outstanding. Have to wait now for more. Boo hiss.

My mother said I needed a life overhaul because of that picture thing. I don’t know what to overhaul to be perfectly honest. I don’t drink, stopped buttons, do my exercise thing. Coffee is slightly in excess and sleep is tit because of the clusters. I’m obviously being very nice because she’s on the mend but 😔.

We’re all ignoring the snow forecast right? I’m living in the balmy days of May right now.
---
MCM- how was your hot day? Are the fluffs ok? Are you ok after your blood tests?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@emm that criminal record thing is unbelievable. I don’t know who I prefer, Peter Capaldi or Cush Jumbo. Both outstanding. Have to wait now for more. Boo hiss.

My mother said I needed a life overhaul because of that picture thing. I don’t know what to overhaul to be perfectly honest. I don’t drink, stopped buttons, do my exercise thing. Coffee is slightly in excess and sleep is tit because of the clusters. I’m obviously being very nice because she’s on the mend but 😔.

We’re all ignoring the snow forecast right? I’m living in the balmy days of May right now.
---
MCM- how was your hot day? Are the fluffs ok? Are you ok after your blood tests?
It's great isn't it? I've only seen the first two as I don't have apple TV so need to go to my parents to continue 🤣
God snow?!
I hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have an early caturday fact about horses ,via the medium of a song by Jordan Keyes . I feel it’s a fact we’ve discussed before but it made me giggle

• Haha
I have a photo album on Facebook called Cats With Moustaches. I really should go on there and get the dozen or so pics I'd curated out of boredom when I had a broken foot.
---
I actually called it Face Furniture For the Modern Cat, what the heck? I don't remember that.
I took a screenshot because I cba getting the individual pics today.

1705117369114.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Ooh, I just went feisty on the Liz Fraser thread in response to this:
Screenshot_2024-01-13-19-42-50-11_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I said:
Screenshot_2024-01-13-19-41-21-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I'll be blunt: I love the Liz Fraser threads, because Liz Fraser as an upper class rictus grinning grifter is such a pain, but I'm unlikely to attend a barbeque with my Liz Fraser thread colleagues

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Happy Saturday folks. Hope everyone in the north is staying warm and everyone in the south is staying cool.

Following on from the Tabby McTat convo, here's the magnificent Julia Donaldson celebrating 25 years of the Gruffalo this week. She and her husband went into a primary school to sing songs and eat cake with small people and there is nothing more pure and joyful than that.

All the grifters can get in the bin.

1705165611090.png

(Pic lifted from Twitter without attribution)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She actually does that kind of thing a lot. But doesn't use it to underscore a grift on Twitter so you don't hear much about it 🤫

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
She actually does that kind of thing a lot. But doesn't use it to underscore a grift on Twitter so you don't hear much about it 🤫
I know. She and her hubby are just delightful. They seem to really enjoying performing with and for children.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ooh, I just went feisty on the Liz Fraser thread in response to this:
View attachment 2686071

I said:
View attachment 2686074

I'll be blunt: I love the Liz Fraser threads, because Liz Fraser as an upper class rictus grinning grifter is such a pain, but I'm unlikely to attend a barbeque with my Liz Fraser thread colleagues
I follow that thread as I think you put a link in the main thread? LF is an actual horror of a person. Anyhow, I am a middle aged mother and wife but I'm busy doing my own thing most of the time! I don't define myself by these relationships. The comment (that you replied to) is just so blinkered, like feminism never happened. Good on you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello fraus,
It’s almost 6pm and I’ve been in bed all day with a nasty bug that’s going around a stinker of a hangover 😵
I’m going to get up soon as I think I’m now over the worst of it.
dinner tonight is going to be (veggie) chicken fajitas, with all the trimmings. I’m going: charred corn, sour cream, avocado (not guacamole) grated cheese, jalapeños, refried beans, rice.

I’ve clearly got a lot of eating to do as I’ve had nothing all day 😫🫣

hope you ninnies have a lovely Saturday evening.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The griftalo
Has terrible tats, and a massive nose,
Tries to look smart in awful clothes.

That's me done. I'm no author. She and the artist have give joy to so many families.
Deserve any recognition they accept .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Looks likely I've lost my job in the factory with the lovely canteen .
I was only a sub contractor for a firm and they want me to cover a callout rota. 1 in4 , from Portsmouth to Birmingham. I'm too old,nearly 50. I'm not driving to Milton Keynes at 1am for 4 hrs pays.
I was off for a year with mh after my dad died, I feel quilty for giving up a paying job because I can't do it.
That's a ridiculous distance to be expected to travel, for 4 hours! I'd like to bet travel expenses in arrears (if any). Bollocks to them Chopsy Mac, you did right to duck them off 😘

That's a ridiculous distance to be expected to travel, for 4 hours! I'd like to bet travel expenses in arrears (if any). Bollocks to them Chopsy Mac, you did right to duck them off 😘
Thank you. I've not had a finish date yet . So I'll crack on. The client doesn't want to lose me but its out of their hands. The on call was supposed to start on the 22nd . I'm not doing it, so I'll see what happens. Only a few years ago I was woken up for a job because someone saw a mouse, I explained we don't carry van cats .
Never again.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Pooh looks how we all feel. No fucks given.

Tunnel dog gives numerous fucks all the time. When is Mrs Tunnel coming home? Has she left forever? Why I am being left with the neurotic one? Why I am being left with the one who skimps on food? When is Mrs Tunnel
coming home? When is Mrs Tunnel coming home?

Anyway, it’s Friday today. One day closer to the end of January.
That's a spaniel for you. My boy (now 7, where did those years go?). Is happy you're here, but then wants to go out and wait at the gate like Greyfriars Bobby for the next one due in, greeted with fanfare and toys tap dancing, then straight out back to wait like GB for the last one in (3 of us currently) with further toys and tap dancing. Once all his people are home he will settle, usually in the most uncomfortable position for whoever he is gracing with his royal highness 🐶

• Heart
Reactions: 10
facturday everyone!

I just learned on the masked singer that dido actually called her kid stan 🙃

wikipedia for corroboration

IMG_20240113_200510.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Not the only fact The Masked Singer has given us tonight 😂 I’m never going to look at Shirley Ballas the same 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.